It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State: Man With Concealed Carry Permit Stops Hatchet Attack at 7-Eleven

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Another good news story thanks to a responsible concealed carry permit holder. Now, it may have been a much different story had there not been a concealed carry permit holder present.

The best defense against crime is an armed populace.

q13fox.com...#

WHITE CENTER, Wash. — A customer with a concealed carry permit shot and killed a masked man wielding a hatchet inside a convenience store Sunday morning, according to investigators.

The King County Sheriff’s Office was called to a 7-11 on 8th Avenue South, near White Center, at 5:45 a.m.

The store clerk says the masked man entered the store and immediately started swinging a hatchet toward a customer — then he turned his sights on the clerk.

Witnesses told deputies the attacker remained silent during the entire ordeal.

edit on 13-3-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The very reason I have my carry permit.

I pray quite often that I'll never have to use it, but one day I might. Because there are very dangerous people out there that I'm getting a bit too old to handle CQB. I don't heal as quick as I used to.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Glad there was someone there willing to step in and intervein on the store-clerk's behalf.

This is exactly why many of us take on the responsibility of carrying a concealed weapon, and become proficient with it.

At the same time, we pray we never have to.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I agree. We have to defend ourselves in times when we do have to do it. As an American there are just too many people who can easily tie up response time with 911, and it's difficult for someone like me with a speech impediment to properly communicate with 911 dispatchers. So I prefer it if people would be able to defend themselves in case the police couldn't arrive in time.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The very reason I have my carry permit.

I pray quite often that I'll never have to use it, but one day I might. Because there are very dangerous people out there that I'm getting a bit too old to handle CQB. I don't heal as quick as I used to.

I've had a permit in the same State as listed in the OP for the past 25 years. It has saved me from potential harm on 2 occasions, both thwarted muggings, both using a knife. After the first incident, I upped my situational awareness and used more public paths. I also put in range time, and take ongoing educational classes and know the laws. I would not practice concealed carry while being a liability to myself and others.

You share a position with many in the hope of never having to clear leather to protect yourself, but it's better than groveling on your knees in the hopes of mercy...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

White Center is a crime-ridden place for the most part. Police have a heavy presence there, but shootings, crime and theft are a common occurrence in that area. I worked EMS there for over a year, and never slept a full night at the station during my tenure in White Center.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is exactly the reason I am thinking of purchasing a gun. I want to practice and learn to be able to hit only the intended target, hopefully just to disable (in my case). I'm a student and like to imagine that if I do this, and there is ever an attack, I would be able to help save lives. There is so much evil in the world, and cops take time to get to the scene; what if that man hadn't been there? The attacker may been able to flee and hurt others elsewhere, in addition to killing or maiming the people inside the store, before the cops could even get there. Very sad that people like this exist, but as mentioned above, an armed populace is a real solution to violent crime and attacks like this. Good people who can stop these things from happening. Though it is sad this is the case, that there are those among us who would harm another person.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I carry for the same reason. I do however, never want to ever have to use it...I practice and stay aware, nothing else you can do other than be a victim

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
No main stream coverage.....
Didnt happen....Ain't true.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse
No main stream coverage.....
Didnt happen....Ain't true.

Local story on evening news.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Seriously?

If it's not on national news it didn't happen?

So that fender bender that happened a couple of blocks down the street a couple of days ago, which barely warranted a mention in the paper today, didn't happen?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

Before you get a gun, get that shoot to disable crap out of your head. It'll get you killed.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Glad to hear the "good guys" came-out on top this time.

link   

See, further evidence that mentally unstable people can cause harm if motivated to do so - and they won't necessarily use a gun, as is the case with this event.

The CCP holder is to be commended for his actions in protecting other civilians against attack.

link   

If you shoot, my friend, don't ever shoot to disable. Shoot to kill. Shooting to disable will possibly get someone, even yourself, hurt.

If you're not sure, don't shoot. But if, God forbid, you have to, shoot to kill.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Always shoot to kill.

If there is no reason to take another person's life with that firearm, there is no reason for it to be "in play".

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I think the official claim is shoot to stop the threat.

It just so happens that the places with highest probability to stop the threat are center mass, and that has a good chance of ending their life.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If you're going to carry, never, ever shoot to wound. It shows that you were not in fear enough for your life to be willing to kill the attacker. You are either in a kill or be killed situation or not and shooting to wound shows you weren't. Try that and there is probably going to be a prison stay in your future.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This will be recorded as another homicide due to a handgun and a reason why we need to ban guns.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If I go to prison then so be it, I guess, but my morals prohibit me from killing someone regardless of how in fear of my life I am. If it were just me, I would probably let the person kill me rather than kill them, as sad as that is to say. But if it is a room full of people being threatened and shot at, and I can stop it, I would shoot to disable so that the person cannot kill others. And if I am in prison for that so be it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join