It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, congratulations ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You guys finally managed to keep me from logging in! But you did some damn sloppy work. I can still post with my mobile device.

Isitdownrightnow.com tells me, "It's down just for you. And no one likes you! And your mother has been known to frequent yard sales."

I suck at typing with my thumbs. You will be doomed to a smattering of lame one-liners and jokes no one seems to fully understand, rife with typos I might add.

I trust the issue will be resolved soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My phone hasn't been able to load pages for a couple days. Something is up.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Isitdownrightnow.com tells me, "It's down just for you. And no one likes you! And your mother has been known to frequent yard sales."

I think I missed my calling. I should be writing quips for this company.

Things have been a tad difficult lately with the DDoS attack and all. I hope things work for you in a soon come.

p.s. nobody is trying to keep you from logging in. I live in a country where the internet is quirky at best, so don't think I don't understand. When I have problems, I reset the modem, restart the computer, clear the cookies, restart the computer and I don't think it hurts that I have a hammer next to my monitor where the webcam can see it.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Intimidating your PC with a hammer, does that really work? (SARCASM of course.)

got a good laugh out of that.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wasn't the money that was donated suppose to help all this? I can't help but wonder how effective Ats is with its programming and web development

The company I work for builds websites and its software is proprietary (it's not hard to build something)

We get something like over 20k attempts a month on our servers and we have never had any of the sites go down that we over see. And we even have gov sites we maintain and built.

Why does ATS have such a hard time?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Is your company the target -- historically -- that ATS is? Just curious.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Is your company the target -- historically -- that ATS is? Just curious.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Like I said we get targeted as a company at a regular basis. Our gov sights even more so.

I'm not trying to bag on ATS but w all the money thy are throwing at this issue w the donations and adverts and everything else you would think the security would be right up there.

We haven't had a breach on any of our sites in 14 yrs

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

We haven't had a breach on any of our sites in 14 yrs

Sometimes, its good to be lucky. I'm glad your company has been so skillful and fortunate as to be clean.

BTW, I'm not certain that NarcolepticBuddha's problems stem from recent problems here; I just wanted to offer that as a possibility. I used the mod tags earlier, because I didn't want my opinion -- as a member -- to be construed as staff.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I hear tell there were some updates or changes made to the site? What changes were made?

I have been getting time-out errors all weekend. Hmm, this is vexing.

Do you know if anybody else is still having problems accessing the site in light of the recent DDoS attack?

Oh well, thanks anyway. Hopefully I will be back before too long.

edit on 13-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Wasn't the money that was donated suppose to help all this?

Obviously the solution is to donate MORE!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just wondering...
Has ATS looked into the possibility that the root cause of the ddos attacks is coming through the banner ads?

Besides banner ads pushing malware and phishing, they have been used in ddos attacks.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I am not personally aware of anyone having a problem other than you.

I'm actually amazed that somebody is having a problem if I'm not.

Have you tried logging onto other sites other than ATS? As far as I am aware, everything is fine here.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

As of 2 days ago, SO reported significant ddos attacks.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have noticed occasional issues this weekend.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Nope, no problems except with ATS login page. The ATS bouncer only keeping me outside the club

edit on 13-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
2 days ago, I think, I was not able to load a page either. It eventually went to a page that said my add blocker was on. I spent a couple minutes trying to find an add-blocker setting on my phone and eventually just gave up. The next day it worked.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If I had a dollar or a euro for every time this site went down in the 8 years I have been on here due to attacks, I would have like 20-30 dollars/euros. ATS always seems to straighten it out quickly and everybody freaks out, I might add!

Welcome back.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
the Only malfunctions with ATS I have been running into seems to be very recently when the big BILLBOARD full page background images came on the scene....

watts this all about... we need these backgrounds of the galaxy or whatever ?

hows about images of drone strikes on isis or even the Turks shelling our ally Kurds for some pertinent backgrounds

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hi, I had a couple of times earlier today that said website not responding, like during the DDoS attacks Friday night.
So far this evening everything has been smooth sailing.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Just wondering...
Has ATS looked into the possibility that the root cause of the ddos attacks is coming through the banner ads?

I doubt it, as far as I understand it the ads are served from other servers to the browser, the ATS servers never see them.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
2 days ago, I think, I was not able to load a page either. It eventually went to a page that said my add blocker was on. I spent a couple minutes trying to find an add-blocker setting on my phone and eventually just gave up. The next day it worked.

From the evidence that was emerging on another thread, it seems that the users of Firefox and Safari did not see that message. Apparently some browsers redirected to that message, others did not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join