It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Bible and what I have experienced

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

That's the thing though. I only used one bible from 2013 to today. I got it on 5/30/11 as a gift. It's the same bible I see *miraculous* changes..

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

I know there are many versions out there but thing is. I have my own bible and had ever since 2011. Then sometimes the word "holy" would change capitalization. it used to say Holy Spirit or Holy whatever. The first page States Holy Spirit. But along the story it says holy Spirit or spirit as if the Holy Spirit lost power.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I believe the reference of wings comes from Ezekiel where he is describing the vision he is seeing, a wheel with in a wheel and the being with four faces and...... I believe two sets of four wings... I don't recall any other reference just now, but my ignorance lays open the possibility that there are in fact more references. References of Angles abound, and most are pictured as winged angles. I believe this may be entirely an unproven assumption.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight I would say the capitalization indicated possession and the non capitalized designated the act.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: wisvol

If I am not mistaken before recent times Mohamed said this messenger angel he called Gabriel had 800 wings.

But in every instance of Angels in the Bible they are always seen as men and never with wings. and the only ones to see them and not even now they were angels was Abaraham and Lot. Mary and Joseph knew they were an angel but like i said they all saw them as men and none said they had wings.

This is incorrect. See Ezekiel 1, Isaiah 6, numerous times in Revelation.

Ez. 1:5
Also from within it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had the likeness of a man. 6 Each one had four faces, and each one had four wings. 7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the soles of calves’ feet. They sparkled like the color of burnished bronze. 8 The hands of a man were under their wings on their four sides; and each of the four had faces and wings. 9 Their wings touched one another. The creatures did not turn when they went, but each one went straight forward.

Isaiah 6:1
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said:

Revelation 4:6
Before the throne there was[e] a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Someone translated Hayot into Angles?

wow

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

a reply to: tony9802

Check the scriptures they are often referred to as a man or men. The gender here would not mean for sexual procreation just a classification of masculinity. Like God being seen as a father which is a masculine term.

if you go back to the Genisis it would mean sexual procreation.

Genesis 6New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Corruption of Mankind
6 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were [a]beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, [c]because he also is flesh; [d]nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

in the old testament "sons of God" always refer to fallen angels.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

I dont know bibles and their versions but this guy said some of the most really published ones are different from the say the the ones being used in the past couple hundred years, it seems these bibles are for NWO types that dont adhere to certain religion but believe in the cristian God. But what made it interesting was the changes that were made. He was pointing out that the changes dont just change the wording but the message itself.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You are not alone in this, now as wisvol rightly point's out there are different versions and even translation of the bible, some converted from the original greek, other's based on the king james version and others based on new interpretations of the bible.
There are abridged easy reading bibles that a kid could read but some would claim are so abridged they are not always correct and there are bibles like the old english version of the King James original translation that due to there archaic use of language are often incomprehensible even to modern English people as well as tiresome to read, it also contains translation errors and flaws that change some meanings completely.
The best are the New World translations and the latest editions in particular thought the gideon is also good.

Now as for changes in the bible.

I have experienced what I refere to as a reality shift but have to ask MYSELF if maybe I just had a mental episode, I Shall explain,.

You see I had one copy of the bible, I have been religious all my life since watching the Jesus movies as a small child at easter and christmas though I never actually read the bible until I was about 17 year's of age, now I read the new testament several time's as I could in my mind cross reference the Jesus I knew from my faith with the one I read about in the book and but since mine as a King James bible the old testament was very tiresome to read so I read about only half then took the bible and without reading I looked at each page for several minutes scanning it and trying to consign it to some kind of ethereal memory in the form of image memorys as I tried to memories the lines word by word without actually reading them consciously (sound's crazy I know but I had read up to past the proverbs and several of the complete later book's before the new testament which I did read several time's).

SO I tried to make two copies in my mind, one that I had read, incompletely as far the old testament is concerned and tried to understand made more difficult by the antique phrasing used in the KGV and one that I tried to memories as images of the words, lines and pages several time's.

I later experience something on a later reading about 1989 or 1990, I picked up my bible to read the new testament specifically the book of revelation which I had read a lot and here is where thing's started to go strange for me.

I flipped through the pages and came across a section I had never seen before in the new testament as if it had appeared, the gist was a warning that a false religion was going to come from the east and many would be decieved and follow it but not to be decieved for it would lead them to there damnation.

I searched for this again and could not find it, it had not been there before and was not there after.

Then a similar event occured.

I read yet another appearing and disappearing passage that seemed to be outside but in reference to the book of revelation, the words of this were "Write these word's upon the piller of your heart for they are life", well of course there are all sorts of arguments about that as the way and the life and the resurrection are actually Jesus himself but that is neither there nor here and I simply did as it commanded and re-read the revelation which at that time was exactly the same as I had always read it before.

I took a break from reading the bible as I had to study for a course I was attending and for the next two or three years except for the odd passage from John or Luke I left the bible alone, thing's started to go bad in my life in about 1993 and I started to experience horrifying thing's that would put most people into a psyche ward, I tried to weather them and remain convinced my experiences were genuine paranormal and perhaps demonological attack's.

I desperation I turned to my piller the bible but was shocked, there was a passage that had appeared in the new testament that was completely new to me and I had never read before which was one of the apostles saying "Give the immoral brother to Satan" and so I actually believe this is an alteration to the bible, possible to reality itself that was made by evil for evil intent and to destroy or try to ruin the faith of those that read it.
Another alteration was that the old testament now seemed to portray an altogether less humane god than the one I had gotten to know from my previous reading's and Jacobs experience at Bethel was now tarsely documented were in the reading's I remembered Jacob whom had taken a stone to use as a pillow while he slept at the place he later called the house of God or BethEl had an experience like a kind of vision in which he heard the lord and actually saw him.

"Jacob, Jacob" Jacob stirred and looked up seeing a ladder reaching as it where from all the earth to heaven and he saw being's ascending and descending it going about the lords work in the world, as he looked up he saw a mighty throne OVER/ABOVE heaven and one like a man in form standing before and amidst it, the throne was like unto an emerald and a sapphire, the one he saw had a white robe with gold belt around his chest, his feet and hand's were like burnished brass reflecting the light of a furnace and his hair and beard were exceedingly white while his face shone like the sun but brighter and his eye's blazed white like the coals in a furnace, around his head was a crown like a rainbow aura of light but with more colours than any rainbow, as Jacob looked up he continued for the voice was coming from this being "Jacob My Son, I am your Father, The God of your forefathers Abraham and Isaac, behold this place upon which you now lie, as far as you can see to the east and the west, the north and the south I give unto you and your descendant's for an inheritance for all generations, Can you number the sand's of the earth upon which you now lie or the stars of heaven above YET I alone whom made them know there true number and behold Jacob I shall multiply your descendants until they are greater in number even than these but they shall not always obey me and I shall punish them, Life Chaff upon The Threshing Floor cought in the wind I shall punish them and scatter them to the north, the south, the east and the west, into every nation and every family of man I shall scatter them until all the world are your descendant's but a remnant I shall keep true to my name and when I have fullfilled all these thing's I have told you I shall bring them back here to this place and raise them up even to my own throne and they govern the world in my name".

Now that is missing from the version I read today.

Another part was from the book of Revelation, a passage about one like unto the son of man whom would come down out of heaven and overcome (not kill that is for the lamb whom is the lion our lord himself on Judgement day when he throws it into the lake of fire) the beast and the kingdom of the beast and like the beast has a number(Which some believe is actually the islamic word in the name of Allah since the ancient greek that was interpreted as letters also matched almost perfectly to the later arabic symbols that spell that but this was not part of what I remembered and only information I gleaned from the net much, much later) and that number is six threescore and six (which is the number of A man) this being that came down to -

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

- overcome the beast had the number SEVEN THREESCORE AND SEVEN which it was explained the THE number OF man not the number of A man but of MAN.

That too is missing and yet I even remember corroborating fact's such as the mistranslation of this number as SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN which was thought to be lucky, it was not seven seven seven though but rather Seven Sixty and Seven.
A guy called Eugene terrablance also know as De Boar as a nickname by his Boar Followers in south africa in the reality I remember, he was racially motivated white seperatist whom led a movement of Boar descendant's whom did not want the inhuman and evil practice of Apartheid to end in south africa, during an interview he gave to the BBC he twisted the bible to his use but get this it was the bible I remember, he claimed that the black African's were the Beast (Remember the number of the beast is not the number of a race but of an individual so he was twisting it to his use and translating only as he wanted it to be) and that the white europeans were the Seven Seven Seven (note he also made that universal mistranslation as if people had mental blinkers on or something) and his group had there own flag, it was sickening to me as I have some Jewish ancestry and not just because of his biggoted and evil attitude, his flag was a basically a nazi swastika with onle three arms to it's axis instead of four and those arms were number sevens joined at the tail.

I came to the conclusion that reality is not solid and fixed, I am somehow outside the normal movement of reality and affected differently by it which leaves me feeling alienated and also as if reality is somehow wrong or this is not my universe.

Personally I believe what I experienced to be fact and real, this leaves me with some problems such as how am I not altered or rather awake to this alteration, is there an evil spiritual force at work perhaps even another war in heaven and how can I ever convince anyone that what I know is real is real.

So I believe you, I even tried to find scientific explanation's for it and found only quantum theory provided any potential avenue of research into how this could occur, that or our reality is an illusion and someone is tinkering with it, someone I personally do not like.

You are not alone but maybe I am just suffering a mental dysphasia of some kind so do not take my words as reinforcement for your own experience unless some of what I say here you too have experiences and who knows maybe we are from two seperate alternative universes to the one we both now find ourselves in.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Angels are men and women imo

wings may be used as a figure of speech

the names Gabriel and Michael for instance mean respectively[gever el] and [mi che ha el]: "guy" el and "one who is (nondescript pronoun)" el

While el is often translated as god or birdman or what ever else, it's actually closer to the "lord" translation, as in the house of lords (a caste classification not necessarily identical to that of current Great Britain)

Michael, Gabriel, Nathaniel, Raphael, Uriel, Elohim........all ending in "el" I can think of another twenty names in the book of Enoch that list fallen angels names that also end with "el". I prefer NOT to mention these names.

Do you see the comparisons in each name? Do you see the ending or begining in each name and how it ends with "el" . Each one with its own unique name.... each one originally created as an immortal being and servant to the one creator.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yes....that is Michael.....he passes the truth test which is right there in Scripture....
Me....I got a visit from St. John.....a highway patrol supervisor who was completely white.....hair even......how wild.....his warning ticket had Saint John on it as a signature and nothing else....no badge number.....
friendliest weighing the truck on the side of the highway ever....and just an overweight warning....

He was an awesome sight, all white like that....
edit on 14-3-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

before I was saved and believed as you all do, but not any more the Truth has set me free.

Sometimes taking a new path will give you the illusion of freedom, but it takes a while to learn that we carry our prisons with us wherever we go. The Truth is neutral and can't set you free. Only death can do that.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Thought I would add a detail to the thread. Something I figured out was that currently the world is under a 2000 year Leviticus 26 curse. One side effect of a biblical curse is that you're not supposed to understand it or the bible.

Isaiah 6
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Even Paul references this.

Romans 11.
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear
unto this day.
9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Now not knowing anything about your or the version of the bible you are using I would say it's a possibility that you are running afoul of the curse.

And how to get out of this curse? Turns out you have to ask.

2nd Chronicles 6
36 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;
37 Yet if they bethink themselves in the land whither they are carried captive, and turn and pray unto thee in the land of their captivity, saying, We have sinned, we have done amiss, and have dealt wickedly;
38 If they return to thee with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their captivity, whither they have carried them captives, and pray toward their land, which thou gavest unto their fathers, and toward the city which thou hast chosen, and toward the house which I have built for thy name:
39 Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, their prayer and their supplications, and maintain their cause, and forgive thy people which have sinned against thee.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

Many books are called bibles, and differ in some ways amongst themselves.

Seeing as how "bible" is just Latin for "book", literally ALL books are bibles.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

No more shackles of mystic illusions but solid ground upon the cross of Jesus Christ.

IS the truth really neutral?

That is a fallacy promoted to give you a false sense of freedom.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
John 17:17 ¶ Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
these are just a few verse that speak of truth as more than a neutral entity.

Doesn't look as if the truth is neutral to me. the truth is a person, the truth can be heard and followed, and one can be set apart by truth. That is a little more than a neutral wouldn't you say.

edit on 14-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I spoke of those in the preserved word of God, the Holy Scriptures Only two Angels are mentioned and they are always seen as men.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes you are right, sometimes I have memories that i wish never had happened.
You also reminded me of bethel. In my Bible it changed from original bethel to Luz and then back to bethel. For example it would say "he named that place bethel (or Luz)". Then it once I keep reading it after I read the parenthesis it would name the place luz.
I have reread it and tried to blot out every parenthesis I find because I was told by another kid at the hospital. He also said I need to read it with shades and as I read it to mark it with a pen. Oddly enough when I read it and Mark the words the markings seem to fade out, but when I have my shades on its being marked without fading.
Man I hope it's quantum theory, I saw a video about it and they saw particals have minds of their own. When one is observed, the observer consciously can change where it goes. But if it nots it collapses into a wave and moves to wherever the hell it wants to.

Maybe I am experiencing reality shift like you. I do remember reading the old testament once and skipped to the new testament in Acts. I remeber seeing Satan talk but can't remember what he said. I was high that time and thought it would be fun to read it that why. I was wrong

Edit: about the kid who told me to read it with shades, he showed me how. One girl had glasses and he asked her for them to show me how I should read the bible. He also asked a staff for a Bible he could have. They have those little blue Psalms book with proverbs and the whole new testament. He did exactly what he told me to do. Reading it with a pen. I thought he was worse then me. I see what they all saw when they tell me to read it.
edit on 14-3-2016 by luciferslight because: Add

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

It's insane how you mentioned Leviticus 26 because that's exactly where I stopped my reading last night. (03/13/2016)

I was planning on putting where I have stopped here last night but figured it wouldn't matter. Maybe I projected this thought to you?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

This is from Luke 11.9

I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10"For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened

You are searching and I believe this is important that I say this to you, those changes may be god talking to you, the chaos is teaching you to see the truth, keep faith, do no one any harm especially yourself and your family and find keep seeking him, he is already with you and who or whatever is hurting you illness or demon shall be cast aside.

Keep seeking and you will find, remember christ had to walk through hell to get to the cross and then the cross itself so don't give up, when thing's get to there worst remember this beautiful poem which is based on many people's experience.

Footsteps in the sand.
I had this for a great many years and it helped me to keep faith.
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

Remember the rest of the passage, Knock and it shall be opened - Jesus is not ignoring you no matter how hard it seem's or how distant he seem's to be, that passage in the poem is particularly good, when you saw only one set of footprints and thought you were alone at the worst times in your life it was then that I carried you.

Ask and ye shall recieve, god's gifts are not always what WE think we need but what we DO need he always grant's and his first concern is your soul.

I pray the lord Jesus to bless you with peace and healing of mind, to lead you through this time of pain and to guide you out of the snares of the evil of this world, to watch over your loved one's and those that care about you and to show you that you are his child, may his peace be with you and may he bless and keep you from harm.

If you feel like praying the lords prayer the our father is the only one you need but Psalm 91 is particularly special.

This is a youtube video but it may have some copyright issues as it is from a hand held camera of a CBS program and I am not sure it is ok embed it so here is the full url
youtu.be...
www1.cbn.com...
www.christian-miracles.com...
sidroth.org...

I also remember a story about soldiers being protected despite seeing heavy action.
www.vfwpost2399.org...
www.ananda.org...

I sometime's pray the three psalms 23, 70 and 91
And start with the our father and since I am a believer in mary as well I tent to pray the hail mary as well then I pray these often on my way to work and in the morning but it does not matter which denomination you are called to so long as it is through Jesus.

After the our father I say this, it is not the words but thinking on them and meditating on them and there meaning
www.biblegateway.com...
Then this
www.biblegateway.com...
I end this one with a Glory be to the father, Glory be to the son and Glory be to the Holy Ghost the holy trinity one true god as it was before the beginning in the beginning, is now and ever shall be even from eternity unto eternity and beyond.
And after this
www.biblegateway.com...
Then I repeat the Our Father paying emphasis to the meaning of the words and thinking on them.

Remember though Christ is not keen on mindless chanting and repeated word's, the prayers he listens to are the ones that come with good intent and with good hear to those around you, seldom to those in which we cry for ourself but more for those in which we pray for our brothers and this was why church was so special, not only do you share the bread and wine in accord with his command at the last supper taking then as his body and blood making your body and blood one with his and letting him take your burden but you also have your brothers and sisters to pray for you while you pray for them.

If you are like me a little agrophobic then it is often upleasant going to strange places filled with strangers that seem far from you but you are not alone, you may not see him but he is there as well and more importantly he always see's you even now, don't ever think your suffering is un noticed by him or that he does not care because he most certainly does know and he does care very much but this world will always try to turn you away from him and lead you to depression and destruction, not him he suffered for you and want's you to come home the right way at the right time when he call's you and not before.

You are seeking, he know's and you path will come to him so long as you keep seeking.

I know how this sound's but I have tried to show you how I kept my strength in my darkest time's and know it may help you also.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join