It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Bible and what I have experienced

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Edit 2: cut

In 2013 I remember reading The Holy Bible entirely in three to four months. By the end of the last book I quit and took a break. 2013 wasn't my first time reading The Holy Bible. I was told by my classmates ever since first grade asking if I have read it. My response "No." They would follow with "you should read it." This kept on going up until third grade. My first time going into a mental institution. I met a few kids who also had life troubles. After a week being there, I was bored and started to read some books. Eventually one of the patients ask me if I liked reading. I said he left the room and returned with The Holy Bible. (Up to this point you might think it is all a bunch of coincidence, but i am not to the point of asking a question for you all who read this.)

I read a few lines and didn't like it much obviously because i thought it was boring and stupid. Discarding the book and waiting til I got discharged another patient comes in the room. This fellow was named Michael. -I'll cut the chase- Michael told me some "prophecies or predictions" that later came to life. He dictated how my life would be after I left the institution. Months later, everything he has said became real. He told me I would return to varies mental institution. The last one he said I would keep going back. That happened. (After much contemplation, I wondered if he was the archangel. I say this because he was very muscular and looked like he would kill somebody, but he was friendly and cool. He also had a cross tattoo on his left arm(?) Upside down. Kinda would make sense to lift his arm in boasting about God, but I doubt that's what it ment. I'm not sure.)

Up to this point I have and still am rereading The Holy Bible. This is where it made no sense to me when I read it in 2013 and this year. After 3-4 months of reading in 2013, I found some words have changed. Some place's names also change. Some I can remember are Padan-aram. (Place) and Yahweh-(something).
That is this year 2016 when I read it.
During 2013 those places didn't exist in my Bible. It said Is-kihariah-lalabop or whatever the heck it was pronounced. Almost as if the book had its own mind!

One thing I do think most people should remeber (or I hope they do) was Zion. Now it says Zephon!
Has anybody had this happen to them before or could it be I might be who they say I am? I mean, if you reread my original post in the beginning I state from first grade go third grade I kept being asked the same question. These were different kids as well and I doubt all had a conspiracy to torment my mind with such a serious subject of debate.

edit on 13-3-2016 by luciferslight because: Add/cut

edit on 13-3-2016 by luciferslight because: Cut 2

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Many books are called bibles, and differ in some ways amongst themselves.

I too have had the feeling that these books might have a mind of their own.

Reading it every year since I started, meanings have changed if not words within the same ink.

Michael may be understood in a filiation capacity beyond individuals named Michael as may be Abraham or Israel imo.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Yeah I won a copy of the Shooter Bible at a gun show.

before I was saved and believed as you all do, but not any more the Truth has set me free.

edit on 13-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Angles and Arch-Angles deal primarily with Israel and its father Abraham. But he always knew who the LORD was. Sounds more like you have been given projected suggestions a form of hypnosis and it has kept you in bondage ever since.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You might be surprised, but the same sort of thing actually happens with other foreign-language books as well (especially the really really old ones) when different translators get their hands on them or as new source documents are found.

But rare to have one with that name in it regardless. You must have picked up some unusual "restored names" version from a hebraic roots group (I'd like to get a copy of their Brit Chadasha sometime, now that you remind me). Even the JPS jewish bible sticks with the 'LORD' buffering.

Anyhow. Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Angles and Arch-Angles deal primarily with Israel and its father Abraham.

I believe this is due to the way people name these angles: Mohamed calls Gabriel Gabriel, but Lao-Tse would have named him something else.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Praetorius

That is not the case in my situation. I quite clearly read this three years ago without error. I remeber what it used to say. It's very weird what happens when I read it now. I'm sure you might remember holy Spirit was actually called "H"oly Spirit with a capital H. If that is not what you guys see and I'm the only person who does. Holy crap.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If I am not mistaken before recent times Mohamed said this messenger angel he called Gabriel had 800 wings.

But in every instance of Angels in the Bible they are always seen as men and never with wings. and the only ones to see them and not even now they were angels was Abaraham and Lot. Mary and Joseph knew they were an angel but like i said they all saw them as men and none said they had wings.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If you were admitted into multiple mental institutions then there's a real possibility you are mentally unstable. Not trying to be mean, but you implying in your post that you are somehow special reeks of delusions of grandeur which is sometimes a side effect of schizophrenia, which would explain your stints in mental institutions.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Angels are men and women imo

wings may be used as a figure of speech

the names Gabriel and Michael for instance mean respectively[gever el] and [mi che ha el]: "guy" el and "one who is (nondescript pronoun)" el

While el is often translated as god or birdman or what ever else, it's actually closer to the "lord" translation, as in the house of lords (a caste classification not necessarily identical to that of current Great Britain)

edit on 03121v2016Sunday by wisvol because: clarification of translation

edit on 03302v2016Sunday by wisvol because: further clarification of translation in context

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

find one verse where an angel had appeared as a woman. Not hair of a woman or AS a woman but like this one example which is repeated time and again when people in the narratives of the Bible see angels.

Ge 18:1 ¶ And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
Ge 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
Ge 18:16 ¶ And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
Ge 19:1 ¶ And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
Ge 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
Ge 19:10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.
You see They saw that as men but we know by the word and actions they are angels.

Now show me where a woman appears in the scripture and are identified as Angels in context. But before you try and quote this scriptues

Zec 5:8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.
9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.
note the absence of the word angel.

Because they are not angels.

then you go to worldy sources.

Michael and Gabriel are both said to be men and angels never are they said to have wings either.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Jesus' mother certainly is revered as an angel by many, mostly in European settings where previous worship of feminine figures was traditional.

I'd say given our common understanding of what angels are, all good women of extraordinary insight and consequence may be called angels although scriptures featuring the word "angel" referring to a woman don't spring to mind.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

there is a whole conspiracy on the changing of the original text to what we see now, even the newer versions that have came out in the past few years are different then before. Check you tube, i saw a documentary that covered this subject, although i don't know if it was just on that subject alone or on the whole conspiracy the powers that be are making science and media the new religion

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
a reply to: Praetorius

That is not the case in my situation. I quite clearly read this three years ago without error. I remeber what it used to say. It's very weird what happens when I read it now. I'm sure you might remember holy Spirit was actually called "H"oly Spirit with a capital H. If that is not what you guys see and I'm the only person who does. Holy crap.

My understanding is that that currently many versions of the Bible are being rewritten with the intention of causing confusion and ambiguity. I believe there are already a few Christian Bibles that call God, Lord God- Allah; That can be construed as disturbing..

The new versions and translations are supposed to bring people into the One World Religion and One World Government framework and way of thinking.

I would suggest you maybe take a look at the P E S H I T T A Translation, I think it's neat..
Also, instead of reading the Bible from start to finish, you can observe it instead thematically, it's much more interesting to read this way.

For example, interesting ideas and teachings about Wisdom (vs.folly) can be found in Proverbs or Ecclesiastes--

Start with those two Books, I guarantee it makes for very good reading..

edit on 13-3-2016 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

A true Angel has no gender, and does not require one..

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

But we all know by the Holy Bible that a disembodied soul is not an angel. At best it is called a spirit but never an angel. Jesus said the saved would be like angles in certain manners and practices but he did not say they would be angels.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Check the scriptures they are often referred to as a man or men. The gender here would not mean for sexual procreation just a classification of masculinity. Like God being seen as a father which is a masculine term.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I don't understand why you start this post with "but"

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

None taken, I agree. But what makes me think I'm *not* were the odd questions from my classmates. Especially with the dude I encountered at the mental hospital

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yeah and especially the verse where it says the sons of God took for themselves "wives"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join