It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strange Event Occurring Twice.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
constant_thought:

Well that certainly makes my line of thinking a little less believable. I still think it's likely it fell forward then pivoted over, but how, hmmm...

I agree, it did topple forward. Two aspects are puzzling me. The first is what energy was applied (without a sound) to tip the 10 pound weight picture forward enough to topple it over from a lean of about 7 or 8 degrees? The second aspects is how it did not disturb the ornaments?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Or, the odd occasional visit of a particular one. I grew up around Pendle Hill, it used to be my playground.

Hope it's not Demdike.

(I had to google that, it was bugging me
)

I used to work with someone from Lancashire, she had possibly the best accent I have ever heard. It was brilliant.
It does seem like someone/thing (?) is trying to get your attention, though.
I like your ietheric idea a lot; even if it just gives us a different name for 'spirits' or whatever it's worth pondering. The life review, on the other hand, sounds torturous.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
beansidhe:

I used to work with someone from Lancashire, she had possibly the best accent I have ever heard. It was brilliant.

I am originally from Colne, the town from which Jennet Device cursed the peddlar and he subsequently suffering either a heart attack or stroke, He was brought to one of the pubs in Colne where I believe he died. This eventually led to Jennet being questioned by the local magistrate, and from her 9 year old mouth, she implicated her whole family and that of Chattox (or Sqinting Lizzie).

The life review, on the other hand, sounds torturous.

Indeed it does, but I think it is a safety mechanism. By purging all the negativity from our memories, we energise the spirit, which allows us to attune to a higher frequency environment which is the better thing. Otherwise we will be stuck in low realms of negativity.
edit on 13/3/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran

On Dec 22 2014 some spiritual glass barriers to the spirit prisons were shattered, hence the broken frame glass.

I'm sorry.

"Witch Escape -Ghost Town games 1.0.3 APK" (it's a game)

Publish date: Dec. 22, 2014

apk-dl.com...

I doubt that caused the broken frame glass.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I was just reading some more there, it's a really sad story. That was a horrible era in many ways - witch hunts, harsh and brutal poverty, the Reformation.

But anyway, I can hear your accent now when I read, which is also brilliant in my mind.

Are you going to try and test this - something? Maybe reframe the picture and put it back?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
How thick are the stensil plastered walls?
My guess is the painting is in the center of the wall aswell?

It wouldn't be a far fetched scenerio to say that the wall swelled due to heat and moisture being trapped within the wall. If the bricks outside the house face the sun for long periods of time, they would conduct enough heat to cause deformation.

If you notice the door to the room swells (sometimes harder to shut other times fine) that would be a give away. Also the old church's foundation could be shifting. Causing the paintings to seemingly stand up and eventually tip over. Could be a combination.

Could be a ghost of the church who's not a fan of that particular frame too.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

A gust of wind pushed the top of the picture away from the wall.

Due to the large area of the picture, quite a small gust of wind could move a considerable mass.

The picture's center of mass is above the top of the "Ent" figurines. It toppled forwards over the figurines, slid forwards until the center of mass was over the edge of the table, fell over and broke.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Maybe do a test. Place the falling picture on the ground leaning against the wall, place another picture right next to it about an inch or two away leaning against the wall. Does the picture still fall, do both pictures fall?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah, that's possible, huh?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Had a similar thing happen way back in 76. We had gathered back at the house, just family, and very close friends, after my father's funeral. It was around 11:00 o'clock at night when we heard a loud crash from upstairs. In my father's bedroom, the dresser mirror had fallen to the floor and had broken into over a hundred pieces.

The strangeness.
1. The mirror had been attached to the back of the dresser, the dresser was up against the wall, there was no play or space between the dresser and the wall.

2. There were lots of bottles, decorative items, and papers on the dresser. Nothing on the dresser was disturbed, or knocked off.

3. The mirror was whole. It looked like someone had just laid it face down on the floor and lightly tapped it with a hammer to break it without losing the peices. It looked like a completed jigsaw puzzle, not a price missing.

4. Everyone in the house was accounted for and present down stairs when the crash occurred. There was only one way you could get up stairs and you would have had to walk past everyone present to gain access to the stairs.

We left the mirror as it was for several days, trying to figure out what happened and trying to make sense of it.

We don't speak of the event often, but no one admits to having an answer for what they think happened. I said it then, and all I can still say, is I don't know how it could happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
have you put the picture back up since the last fall?

Can you try and place it back up there and use your own force to knock it over the treemen to see if it would flip right over them?

Please let us know.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Once again, many thanks for the replies guys.

The picture has fallen twice, the 2nd time becoming damaged. I will need to go back to the artist's shop and have the frame repaired and new glass.
I doubt a gust of wind would have been able to move the picture enough (beside which, the window was closed and it is double-glazed), and although the wall faces south-east, it is 2 foot thick, with a 3 inch gap separating the outer wall from the inner wall. Obviously, some form of energy was applied to the picture to make it fall...I just cannot figure out where from?

I have conducted some simple tests with the substitute picture in the first photograph. Every time the picture topples forward, it disturbs and moves the ornaments.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It wouldn't be the first time a photo was knocked off by a ghost. Figure out if its the picture or the table and once you do, just keep it the way it wants to be.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I can't think of any overall explanation, but recall three things of seeming relevance. 1. The famous mystic Wellesley Tudor Pole, in one of his letters, remarked that unless churches are properly deconsecrated before being adapted for other use, they can become a magnet for dark energies of some kind. 2. My wife told me that after her first husband died, she was with a coworker at the resort where they worked in Gran Canaria, when both of them saw a beaker of fruit juice lift off a low table and travel down to rest on the floor without spilling a drop. She thought it might be a sign from her late husband. Later on I met the other witness and she confirmed the story. 3. You might recall the old legend that a falling picture warns of a death. When I was 14, and my mother and I were being evicted from our old cottage, over the last few weeks at least four framed prints on the wall of a small corridor and a flight of stairs fell (I think, all during the night). In each case the picture cord had snapped, but none of the glass panes had shattered. It felt as if the whole building was dying -- that was my subjective impression.
edit on 20-3-2016 by CarlGrove because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join