It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone really like daylight saving!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

visitebuthem you sure sound healthy. I would love to try your fresh soup. I see your point. The extra hour for you keeps the flashlight in the holoster.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Who doesn't want a bit of day left after the work day is through. Play ball with the kids walk the dog just hang out on the porch with a beer and a book.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Ben first postulated the idea while in Paris that Parisians could save on the cost of candles by waking an hour earlier to take advantage of morning light. Nothing was done about it but still his idea.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's no so bad to set the clock forward on a Sunday. I got to buy beer an hour sooner.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Win if you don't mind dehydrating or constantly having a bottle of water by your side. I can only do a few days at a time in the desert because I'm prone to rapid dehydration. My skin even feels tight.

Me? Mid-Atlantic temperate zone. Short winters long summers. Ok humidity enough to bathe in but...

There are places in Indiana too that don't observe daylight savings.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sillyyolme, you have a good point. I would not want to carry water with me wherever I go.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yes, and wish they'd just leave the clock ahead. I love sunlight longer in the day.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Unity_99 your above post is awesome!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

visitebuthem you sure sound healthy. I would love to try your fresh soup. I see your point. The extra hour for you keeps the flashlight in the holoster.

Alaskan scallops lightly seared in organic Ghee
2 cloves garlic
Fresh organic Kale
Fresh Organic Chard (Red stalk)
Fresh organic Oregon chinese snow peas
2 large organic green onions
Minors chicken broth base (no MSG)
Squeeze of organic Meyer lemon juice
1/2 cup of BV Sauvignon Blanc wine
Fresh ground pepper
Sea salt

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

visitedbythem that is awesome. Everything you have is grown and controlled by you, you soup must be super amazing and healthy. I will have to Whole food buy everything. I will make your soup tomorrow and let you know.

I thank you for sending me how to make it!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Love daylight savings!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I do to zazzafrazz, I just wish we kept it all year and would not have to fall back. Some people like to fall back so they can stay at a bar one extra hour LOL.

edit on 13-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I hate daylight savings
and I'm proud to live in an Australian state where they don't do it! Muahaha! I'm going to leave Queensland one of these days, make a home elsewhere, and get entirely confused when I go to the mall at 8am only to find out it's 7am.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

kaelci, so you agree the time should never change?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Would be nice to have a constant time that never changed
Just because it's hotter weather and you may want to spend an extra hour out in the sun, it's no excuse to suddenly remove an hour of time. Just.. go out there. Enjoy the sun. The time doesn't dictate what you do, YOU do!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

kaelci, I agree too. I just want a constant time. I am sure if you owned a watch company and sold to the public today would not be a day you would enjoy at work! Yikes changing 300 watches. A time for a stiff drink on my watch.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Praetorius
a reply to: TinySickTears
Just to clarify...there's exactly the same amount of sunshine daily regardless of what the clock says.

let me clarify then.
in the winter when i am driving to work at 6:15-6:30 i dont like that. in the winter when it gets dark before 6pm i dont like that.

once we spring forward when i drive to work at 6:30 and it is light out i like that.
in the evenings after the clock change i can sit outside on my porch in my zero gravity chair enjoying the fresh air with it still being light out well past 8pm.
i like that.
after all that was the thread question.

i like being able to sit out till the late evening drinking some tea while my wife reads a book beside me and our daughter draws with the sidewalk chalk. or we take long walks in the evenings cause we can see. you know. daylight.

i much prefer it this way. i would prefer we didnt fall behind an hour in the fall.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

A good point TinySickTears! The driving time. My friend lives in north Alaska. She says she looks foreword to June 21. 24 hours of daylight. That might drive me crazy!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Southern Arizona actually doesn't do daylight savings; it's nice, in my opinion.

It actually helps me feel a little closer to the seasons. In the winter I get to work when the sun starts waking up, but in the summer the sun is rising over the hills when I'm eating breakfast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join