It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smoke because I want to

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Nothing makes my blood boil more than going to a nice beach, sticking my hand in the sand and feeling or seeing cig butts. So disgusting!

Medical waste is not fun to find either.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I gave up the cancer sticks 12 years ago. I always say NO ONE will EVER quit unless they truly want to.

That being said, I support your right to do whatever you like in regards to smoking.

However, I do not support your right to smoke inside a building where others do not want to inhale your second hand smoke. You have a right to smoke, but not a right to force others to do it as well.

I support the right of a business to decide for themselves if they want to have a smoking section. It would need to be a separate room, fully enclosed, but yes, absolutely.

Just because I choose to abstain from the coffin nails, I do not shove my opinions down my friends throats. If they smoke, I let them. If I'm driving my car, they cannot smoke in it. If I'm in their car I say nothing to them if they light up. Mutual respect.

They're nasty, smelly, and do you no good whatsoever, but so are a lot of other things.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nothing makes my blood boil more than going to a nice beach, sticking my hand in the sand and feeling or seeing cig butts. So disgusting!

Medical waste is not fun to find either.

Ive never found that fortunately...where the heck did you find that?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Sandy Hook when I was younger.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Sandy Hook when I was younger.

Disgusting.

Poor you

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Disgusting.

Poor you

Happened frequently back then when they were dumping garbage off the New York/New Jersey coastline.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's almost as bad as finding a body. At least you didn't catch anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Disgusting.

Poor you

Happened frequently back then when they were dumping garbage off the New York/New Jersey coastline.

The thought is actually making me feel sick. Tissues and dog poop and cig butts are bad enough..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That's almost as bad as finding a body. At least you didn't catch anything.

In New Jersey you go to the Meadowlands for those, not the shore.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have rejoined ATS just to submit my response. Your ranting is quite pathetic. I am more than happy for you to smoke yourself senseless - kill yourself, its your life. What I don't like is that if you smoke in the company of others (hopefully you don't) then you are enforcing the chemicals onto others. It is a fact that smoking is bad for your health - it causes many chronic illnesses. Like I said - you can get any chronic illness you want BUT it costs money to treat you and time. To be honest I would much rather that time/effort/money be used on people who have not self inflicted their disease.

My brother aged 48 died 18 months ago from lung cancer/brain tumours brought about by years of smoking. Even after this diagnoses he still continued to smoke, I was with him when he was told - it was September 2014 and we buried him in November 2014... his youngest child aged 16 taking important exams that year at school. He has left a family in turmoil, it will impact on his children all their lives - what they witnessed and their raw grief. Like you, he wanted to smoke, enjoyed it and had your mentality.

I personally find it selfish, arrogant and pathetic. Take a long look at yourself - it isn't about YOU... try for once and think about others - your family (if you have one) and those who are around you.

That is my rant over. Thank you.
edit on 14-3-2016 by easystreet because: incorrect spelling - changed context

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I remember as a child, as a foster kid.. my foster parents would drag their 8 to 12 kids (once up to 15) to a Bingo joint. They'd play bingo while we say bored out of our minds.. but everyone would smoke. There was a haze in the place. I'd hate it as a kid.. because I'd smell terrible after leaving the place. I'm pleased they have disallowed smoking in many places. As I grew up, again.. I played darts semi-professionally, and having to leave the bar every night smelling like a cigarette was disgusting. Not to mention what 2nd hand smoke can do.

So each to their own I guess. You are ranting because you can no longer smoke in freedom. I was ranting because it was disgusting to me for years.. now, it's so much better. I don't have to leave restaurants, bars, clubs, and other establishments smelling terrible. Not having to ingest the 4000+ chemicals in cigs.. including the 43 cacogenic ones.

Basically you are saying "It should be up to the owners discretion." At which point, EVERY bar would allow it. Meaning if you don't smoke.. and you don't want to inhale the crap.. you don't go. Guess what - that's not fair either. You CAN smoke in other places, including outside. I CAN'T avoid smoke if you smoke in places I'd like to go.

You can rant all you like.. but I don't feel sorry for you, nor do I care that you don't get to smoke in public places. You have other options. If smoking was allowed anywhere, I don't.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I smoke sometimes because my wife hates me for doing it, the time she quits nagging me about it I'll stop smoking in secret. .

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I remember as a child, as a foster kid.. my foster parents would drag their 8 to 12 kids (once up to 15) to a Bingo joint. They'd play bingo while we say bored out of our minds.. but everyone would smoke. There was a haze in the place. I'd hate it as a kid.. because I'd smell terrible after leaving the place. I'm pleased they have disallowed smoking in many places. As I grew up, again.. I played darts semi-professionally, and having to leave the bar every night smelling like a cigarette was disgusting. Not to mention what 2nd hand smoke can do.

So each to their own I guess. You are ranting because you can no longer smoke in freedom. I was ranting because it was disgusting to me for years.. now, it's so much better. I don't have to leave restaurants, bars, clubs, and other establishments smelling terrible. Not having to ingest the 4000+ chemicals in cigs.. including the 43 cacogenic ones.

Basically you are saying "It should be up to the owners discretion." At which point, EVERY bar would allow it. Meaning if you don't smoke.. and you don't want to inhale the crap.. you don't go. Guess what - that's not fair either. You CAN smoke in other places, including outside. I CAN'T avoid smoke if you smoke in places I'd like to go.

You can rant all you like.. but I don't feel sorry for you, nor do I care that you don't get to smoke in public places. You have other options. If smoking was allowed anywhere, I don't.

Quoted for agreement. My parents smoked like chimneys my whole life which i contribute to me never having actually tried smoking. Not even once.

And i agree that if it was left to bar owners, they would all choose smoking. Why would they not? Wouldnt make any sense.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I smoke sometimes because my wife hates me for doing it, the time she quits nagging me about it I'll stop smoking in secret. .

You should start a marriage guidance thread mate

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well I more or less thought about a How to bend the boundaries of woman thread... I'm way past the guidance along time ago...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
It's about forcing others to inhale your smoke and bear the stink of tobacco (or w/e), all because you want to smoke.

You don't get to inflict that on other people, not anymore.

Ok I get it you don't want second hand smoke I understand that. But force my smell on you??? If I can vote for something to stop that I would vote to ban all those dang bath and body works stores from the mall. Also all the perfume counters in Macy's belks ect they leave me dealing nauseous. Btw not saying second hand smoke is good for you but in the realities low levels most places it's not worse then many other things you inhale every day. Ever wonder what new car smell is?? Yeah that's all the chemicals and adhesives curing in the car and they all cause cancer.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I enjoy smoking too. I'm only 40 years old and I've been smoking 25 years. Because of health problems I'm currently having I'm afraid if I don't quit I won't see 50. Every morning when I smoke my first cigarette I get dizzy to the point I feel like I'm going to pass out. I'm having heart palpitations all the time.

I watched my grandfather die at age 59 from throat cancer and it wasn't pretty. I regret starting in the first place. I feel like I'm hopelessly addicted.

My grandmother grew up on a tobacco farm in Kentucky. She started smoking when she was 10. She use to pluck leaves off the plant and smoke them. She ended up with emphysema and on oxygen the last 5 years of her life. At the end one of her lungs collapsed. They had to cut a hole through her side and stick a tube through her ribs to drain the fluid out of her lung. When they do that they don't give you any painkillers because they slow your breathing. I've seen it done and I hope it's something I never experience.

I have a feeling if I don't quit it will be an early grave for me.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xstokerx

originally posted by: Prezbo369
It's about forcing others to inhale your smoke and bear the stink of tobacco (or w/e), all because you want to smoke.

You don't get to inflict that on other people, not anymore.

Ok I get it you don't want second hand smoke I understand that. But force my smell on you??? If I can vote for something to stop that I would vote to ban all those dang bath and body works stores from the mall. Also all the perfume counters in Macy's belks ect they leave me dealing nauseous. Btw not saying second hand smoke is good for you but in the realities low levels most places it's not worse then many other things you inhale every day. Ever wonder what new car smell is?? Yeah that's all the chemicals and adhesives curing in the car and they all cause cancer.

the thing is that all those things oyu mentioned dont stick to us.

I can assure you that a few minutes in a smokers house or aroud smokers will have our clothes stnking. When my wife goes to her fathers, she comes back stinking of smoke.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here is the way I see it. 100% of the people who complain about having been exposed to a few seconds of secondhand smoke are still alive (as evidenced by the fact that they never shut up about it) AND they're actually in the majority! So, if secondhand smoke does in fact kill, it sure takes it's damn time about it. LOL

Yeah. I'm not a smoker anymore. I did smoke several packs a day for 20 years and finally quit because I was just tired of it and really didn't like the idea of slow death by cancer.

Frankly, if you intend to keep smoking no matter what, you're probably going to have to learn to grow and process your own tobacco eventually. The forces of tobacco prohibition are growing and critical mass will come soon. They will eventually just flat out ban smoking everywhere. Just because they can.

Most of the complaining is because it stinks. And that's a fair point but I don't really care. What are they gonna do if you walk by them and crack a fart? Are they gonna ban that too?
edit on 14-3-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Its just weakness in your attitude.

Quitting, it sucks and its hard.. but its done everyday. Just keep yourself busy, accept your going to struggle.. take each day at a time.

If you dont want to do it, fine - but, you should also exclude yourself from the public health system.

Why should people who looked after themselves have to wait in line for medical help - behind someone like you who doesnt give a damn and destroys their body?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join