It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smoke because I want to

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I could tell men that wear Axe or Polo make me feel like I am being suffocated by a pine tree forest as they walk by, but I don't.

Maybe you just need a little old school action, some Drakar Noir or Hai Karate.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Whenever I was criticised for smoking I used to ask the critic "how did you get here?"
They will invariably tell you that they drove or came by car.
I would say "do you allow me to limit your mileage in order to cut down on pollution?"

There's not much they can say from that point. I down own a car or drive one.

In the UK a huge group of liars all said that we had to ban smoking in pubs because they all want to always take their children to the pub for a family meal.
So they banned smoking in pubs and the pubs are all closing, because the liars who said they all want to take their children to the pub for a nice family meal were lying.
It should've been an opt in situation so we could choose to go to a smoking or no smoking pub.

There's a whole load of busy bodies in the UK who presume to know what's best and have a constant need to control. I suspect they like to point fingers at others all the time so as to divert attention from their own failings.

Its a bit like recycling. They want you to feel guilty for not washing and separating your waste at the same time as importing a mountain of plastic throwaway garbage for the "consumers".
Still. Keeps the economy going.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

There are much worse things.

Sure there are, but smoking is embedded within society and has been for a long long time.

Plus smoking is what we're talking about here.

I could just as well tell people they must all get rid of their cars, but I don't.

As I just said, driving is kinda essential to society at this point, whereas smoking....

I could tell men that wear Axe or Polo make me feel like I am being suffocated by a pine tree forest as they walk by, but I don't.

Your health isn't being affected and your clothes and hair won't stink of either cologne the next day. You're clutching at straws with this.

I haven't smoked since October, 2012, but I haven't lost my mind in the time being either.

If you think a person's right to smoke is more important than other people's health then I have to seriously question this...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Axe and midnight magic musk nearly put me in the hospital.I did develop pneumonia from the musk
and was very sick for three weeks.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Perhaps Old Spice or Aqua Velva may be better suited to your tastes.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The researchers concluded smoking accounts for 8.7 percent of annual healthcare spending in the U.S.

What about obesity? How many diseases are as a direct result of overweight and how much that costs the taxpayers? Should the government ban overeating too? Should we measure the amount of food people buy and consume?
How about car exhaust, chemical pollution, cellphone radioactivity and so on? They don't count as causing cancer?
Thousand of cars spewing their poisoneous gas right in our faces every day and nobody cares, yet the puff of a cigarette smoke from the restaurant entrance will cause everyone cancer.

The moment we think we have the right to tell others how to live their lives there will be no end to this stinking rabbit hole, and nobody will gain from it. Making separate sections for smokers in public places should have been enough for everybody.
I am with the OP alright not only because I smoke but because I think the people should have the right to live how they choose. Drinking, smoking, jumping off the window if they want. As long as they don't hurt anybody.
And because I think people should stop using the health excuse or the religious excuse or any other excuse to force others to live by their rules. If I'm stupid and I keep smoking then more than probably I'm not interested in all the righteousness rhetoric of health and well being.
And I would love to keep my right of being stupid in a separate section where it bothers no one.
edit on 13-3-2016 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ha! I do like Drakar Noir.
edit on 13-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Any tobacco smoker is welcome to sit next to me anytime while smoking a cigarette. I actually love the smell of others' tobacco smoke. I vape now and still smoke a few cigarettes a day but only a few puffs at a time. I'd rather smell someone else's tobacco smoke so pull up a chair!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Cool, I'll gas up the IROC and take the t-roofs off while you tease your hair.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Where I live, the government has put a ban on smoking in all bars and restaurants. Some bar owners tried to fight it and were closed down and/or arrested.

I stand corrected!
Did they also ban smoking in public places?

They tried very hard to , people were even getting fined £2000 for smoking in their own work vehicle as it counted as a work place while they were on their own

I think we can see where this is going

www.politics.co.uk...

Bristol has become the first city in the UK to ban smoking in outdoor public places

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Any tobacco smoker is welcome to sit next to me anytime while smoking a cigarette. I actually love the smell of others' tobacco smoke. I vape now and still smoke a few cigarettes a day but only a few puffs at a time. I'd rather smell someone else's tobacco smoke so pull up a chair!

One weird thing i have noticed over the years non smokers love the smell of rolling tobacco , i hate the smell of cigarette smoke yet i am a roll up smoker and have noticed this from a few other people .

Hand a rolled up ciggy to a cigarette smoker and they say it is to strong and vice versa

never figured that one out

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

One thing that I did forget about and it is an important one...
good pipe tobacco doesn't bother my asthma the last time I
smelled some.I think it is all the garbage that the companies
use to make the cigarettes that bothers me.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: tweetie

One weird thing i have noticed over the years non smokers love the smell of rolling tobacco , i hate the smell of cigarette smoke yet i am a roll up smoker and have noticed this from a few other people .

Hand a rolled up ciggy to a cigarette smoker and they say it is to strong and vice versa

never figured that one out

Lit or unlit rolling tobacco? I love the smell of both.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is what pisses me off about government healthcare.

When everyone paid their own healthcare costs, it was their business if they smoked or drank or ate too much.

Now that it's government run, it makes your health EVERYONE'S business.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can remember years ago working in Manchester. It was a hot and humid day and all the buses were sat waiting for commuters with their engines roaring and thick black smoke pouring out of exhausts. There was a thick haze all over the city centre and high pollution in the air.

As I had finished work I sat on an empty bench to wait for my bus and lit up a cigarette. As I have said the bench was empty and there were lots of other empty benches all around but a woman came and sat down next to me and then started with the hand wafting and tutting. The fumes from my little cigarette obviously affected her far more than the thick black exhaust fumes and she huffed and moved.

These are the type of people smokers are up against. I would never deliberately enforce my horrible habit on someone else but then if everyone stopped smoking people like her would come up with something else to ban!a reply to: dukeofjive696969

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Unlit tobacco in a pouch or tin , dozens of times i have had non smokers say they love the smell of it and stick it right under their nose breathing in deeply .

Jeremy Narby in his book the Cosmic Serpent said that some shamen used tobacco in their rituals rather than drugs , maybe it is their brains saying to them this stuff is good

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I hear you.

I hate when people act like they have a right to bother you OUTSIDE well out of their way. I understand I shouldnt smoke near people, but HOW DARE you impose your ideals on me in public and well out of your way.

I like to imagine them going ape crap crazy when a car drives by spewing fumes, or when a baby farts.

People are small minded and take up and champion causes because they are idiots with no real purpose beyond, eating, sleeping, and sex.....those break down into many types of psychological traits, here are the EXTREMES: Fitness freak, sloth....lazy free spirit or hard working psycho, sex addiction or repressed asexual...things.

I could make a stink about it. I choose to focs on myself though and not others I am not the parent of.

The no smoking thing as far as OTHER people you feel the need to correct is ; Fitness freak extreme.

They are insane though. Not to be listened to beyond the amount of time you give crazy people talking to themselves on the subway.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am an ex-smoker, but not spiteful. In fact, I actually enjoy being around smokers. If I found out I only had months to live, I would go out and buy several cartons of Kools and smoke and smoke and smoke.

I quit because smoking caused/contributed to the poor circulation in my lower legs. Before I quit, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I smoked, my toes would tingle and go numb. Dumbass. So, for me, I had a real and measurable negative psyiological repercussion caused by smoking. I chose to quit -- and it wern't easy -- because I wanted to live a bit longer, preferrably with my feet still attached. As it is, I waited too long and will have to have my veins stripped later on in the year.

The ONLY problem I've ever had with smokers is the butts. If you deal with your cigarette butts, I have no problem with you. I used to pinch out the cherry and either field-strip the butts or curl them up into my pocket.

Good rant.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I agree with the non-smokers. It does smell good. Earthy. It's an ancient plant. It has anti-depressant qualities, enhances focus, curbs appetite, kills pathogens in the body, etc.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!! I'll be talking myself into smoking a lot again. I rolled my own for many years.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've been quit for a month now, don't crave it, don't miss it... I wish I could tell all you smokers and have you believe it, that it is literally the dumbest thing you could ever use your freedom of choice for. Don't congratulate me, the wake up call is coming at a high price.

Please all of you, quit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join