It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why multiculturalism is bad for society

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Seems like you have given up my friend. Let's hope it's not that bad and that we, as humans, can collectively wake up.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Multiculturalism is wrecking Europe on every level. People are less happy, more violence, more racism, lower level of education, public services and housing are stretched to braking point. People are not friendly any more, everyone is out for themselves, people walk continuously around with hatred in their hearts. The immigrants have hatred for their hosts...in short the whole thing is going down the pan and I'm fully sure that in 100 years from now the only people living here will be people who cant afford a plain ticket out!

It is designed this way though, there is a group of humans if we can call them that, the same people who own the banks and control the media who wish this and continually plan this. Though they think themselves the most elect among humans they are in reality a truly sick perverse people.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

originally posted by: markosity1973

So, how then do we overcome people who don't want to be served by us because of cultural gender issues?

If you work in the customer service field you have the right to refuse service to anyone you wish. If they ask why, tell them. Tell them that you don't like them personally and that there is no one specific reason. If they ask for the manager, bring the manager.

I am the manager.....

And I would literally lose my job for refusing service. The almighty dollar is all that counts in retail and most all companies are quite happy to sacrifice employee happiness and sanity to get the sale.

So you are the manager. Where does YOUR boss ( The store owner I assume) work? In the same facility? If so, maybe the example I gave isn't the best one.

Re-read the post please, and try to do so in a frame of mind that is looking for a solution to a problem such as this, rather than the reality that YOUR bosses would fire you if YOU do such a thing. That may be the reality of the situation now, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way forever. It didn't used to be this way did it? Things change, they always have, and that includes the boss/worker dynamic. If you want a solution to the problem bad enough, you'll find it.

The whole point of that example I gave was to get enough employees on the same page with this issue so they can come up with a workable conspiracy to keep people like that out of their store while upper management remains clueless. You're looking over your shoulder to make sure the boss stays happy and you're bending over to make sure foreigners who don't want to conform stay happy. Straighten up, look forward and look out for yourself.

Where there's a will there's a way.

I've done retail before so I know kind of what you're going through. The customer is always right, and all that Jazz. Like I said before though....things change. And that also includes the employee/customer dynamic. The bottom line is that a store will run without an owner being hands on 24/7, and locally word will get out that you are doing something like this and shoppers will come to a store where they know the workers care about the cohesiveness of their community. More customers will come than will leave because the tide in America is turning towards being less politically correct by way of trying to make EVERYone happy and comfortable, to doing what is right for the majority. I think you know that I'm right on this point.
edit on 14-3-2016 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Seems to work fine in canada, the kids of immigrants usualy tend to adopt there new country, the more the generations go by, the less of a difference in the way they adapt there lives.

Ya it does, but then again we don't allow 10's of millions of whoever wants to come in, to just waltz in.

Canada has the best system I have seen, agreed, and everyone knows it, so generally everyone is alot more calm.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The idea of adding from other cultures to your own is great. The idea of having no culture and instead having many different cultures is bad.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Seems to work fine in canada, the kids of immigrants usualy tend to adopt there new country, the more the generations go by, the less of a difference in the way they adapt there lives.

Ya it does, but then again we don't allow 10's of millions of whoever wants to come in, to just waltz in.

Canada has the best system I have seen, agreed, and everyone knows it, so generally everyone is alot more calm.

Exactly, in Canada the people who go there tend to want to be Canadian. So they integrate. In the US there is a large immigrant population, many illegal, that do not wish to integrate. That is the difference. Are the people coming wanting to integrate and add to the culture, or not integrate and try to impose their culture.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Where I live anti discrimination laws extend to refusing service.

I know I was not clear and made it sound like the business owners are money hungry as the only reason, but we cannot legally refuse service based on among other things, race, or religion. (Islam is considered to be cultural and therefore falls under the auspices of race in the terms of the law)

Here is the law explained

According to the Australian Human Rights Commission, you could be found to have breached anti-discrimination law if you refuse service to a customer based on certain attributes, such as their:
  • sexual orientation, gender identity and intersex status
  • race
  • disability.

• These are the only circumstances where refusal of service is allowed

When refusing a customer is allowed

You can refuse a customer as long as you’re not discriminating. Here are some common reasons businesses may refuse customers and examples of when it’s allowed:
  • Dress code
    Example: A customer comes to your restaurant with thongs on. You refuse them entry because you have a house rule that bans thongs. This is OK if you apply the rule equally to everyone. You can’t only apply the rules to a certain group of people (such as only men and not women), or apply rules that certain groups can’t meet.
    Note : In some states, the rules are different. For example, under SA laws about dress codes, you must apply the rule equally to everyone. But under WA laws about dress codes External Site, it’s OK to only apply dress codes to one sex if it reflects current community standards for men and women, such as banning sleeveless tops for men only at an upmarket wine bar.
  • Disruptive behaviour
    Example: When a group of teenagers approaches your cafe, you refuse entry because the same group has caused trouble before and the police had to be called. This is OK, since you’re refusing them because of your experience of their past behaviour, not because of their age
  • Legal requirements
    Example: You refuse to serve alcoholic drinks to customers under 18 years of age. This is OK because according to the law you’re not allowed to serve alcohol to under-age customers.
  • Safety reasons
    Example: You refuse entry to an amusement park ride because an 11 year old doesn’t have an adult accompanying them. It’s OK to refuse based on age if there are reasonable safety concerns.

• www.business.gov.au...

So,no it's not a case of me personally being difficult to your response and it does not matter where the owner is (it's a shareholder owned corporation anyway) One false move and I along with anyone else in my team can be up on charges for discrimination.

And these laws are enforced.

edit on 15-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:44 AM
    link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne
    a reply to: Azureblue

Diversity does not mean exclusion of whites IMO. Multiculturalism clearly is a problem because rather focusing on a single cohesive society we must all have our own unique identities. Why does one need to be African American or Mexican American or Italian American for example? Why can't we all just be Americans and focus on the common good of our country? Let's focus on economics not race, gender, etc. That's what the OLD LEFT did. Not so much with the neo-liberals.

As far as Israel is concerned, I can't say I entirely disagree. It's ironic that your post appeared as I am listening to a talk by Gilad Atzmon.

Multiculturalism clearly is a problem because rather focusing on a single cohesive society we must all have our own unique identities

We have our individual identifies because we are all different to each other not just in appearance. We are different in a way that we instinctively know that we are different from the next persons.

Human beings are all different from each other. I don't think the physical difference between races have much to do with the problems that emerge, they much more related to the fact that we all think, believe, and value things differently that causes the disagreement and conflict.

Mulims come the closest of all these days of being clones of each other and as we fiend, they are often difficult to distinguish one from another. There appearance and dress brings this about. There is both good and bad in this as they are a very united community and society and very much a mono culture. I bet there is little internal conflict in a Muslim Society.

I have surprised myself in coming to the view these days that intercultural and inter racial mixing in large quantities is something that should not occur in my view.

Its OK in small does as it easy to tolerate differences and make allowances for people but these days I have come to the conclusion that in large quantities, racial cultural conflict is only ever a matter of time. Perhaps humanity is not ready for this yet?

I happen to also think the people behind the current Muslim invasion agree with this and that's why they are paying for and facilitating this current Muslim invasion of Europe. They want this inevitable outcome to come to pass.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:53 AM
    link   

I think your name kinda points to your ideology..

So how do you fix the demographics?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:31 PM
    link   
    a reply to: markosity1973

The reasons why a person is refused service are not the only one's you see covered in the letter of the law. The reasons why a person can refuse service to another are so numerous and subjective, that I personally see the laws you stated as being redundant unless you do things in such a way where your actions obviously illegal. In your case though, if all the team members are not on the same page as to whom to refuse service to or not, I would not recommend refusing service to an obvious muslim because you don't like muslims, under the guise that you all of a sudden got diarrhea after that muslim just done done waiting behind 4 other customers. (just an example)

Have a nice day.

edit on 15-3-2016 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:02 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Tsuro

I think your name kinda points to your ideology..

So how do you fix the demographics?

I think your name kinda points to your ideology. Feel free to read into my name whatever you wish however it was just a name that came to mind driving home one night, however, I can understand someone drawing an association of the name to the content of my views on this subject but I have views on many other subjects to.

What would I do? - Undo all those laws and agreements that have led to this situation.

I would change the law and make refuge a max of 5 years with only special exemptions. logic says it's impossible that every single one of these 'refugee' to be under imminent risk of instant death or torture upon return to their homeland.

Why does the media give them the title of 'Refugee" or "economic refugee" Its odd that the Australian media has given them the title of Asylum seekers when its very clear they are "citizenship demanders."

Many of these Muslims in Europe do not seem feel any sense of gratitude for being permitted to live in European countries? Its almost as if they despise Europe and Europeans. They make no bones at all about taking the place over. Why would that be.?? They will take the place over in 20 - 25 years because of the huge difference in birth rates between Muslims and whites.

How come Israel advocates multiculturalism for all other countries but will nothing to do with it them selves? Is it because they don't want to water down their ethnicity, their traditions, customs and their culture. A nation with a strong sense of its identify and it future and pride in that identify and future is not about to allow itself to be subverted and taken over with peaceful weapons very easily.

Genuine refugees from WWII were glad someone took them in and they kept their head down and their arse up and did not run any risks of being sent back.

again, its impossible for every single one of them to be under imminent risk of instant death or torture upon return to their homeland. Why does no one ever ask for evidence of such claims?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:13 AM
    link   

Yeah and I rest my case, each nation has a 8% immigrant status, but you sure like the stereotype before cultural ideals.. Every culture is taught as school, your own beliefs are taught at home.. You live in the past "azureblue" or blame the Jews?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:24 AM
    link   
    Multiculturalism can only work if there is a common interest. Such as the love and appreciation of the country you live in.

It doesn't work when you just swamp one culture with another and then make the native culture change for the newcomers.
    It is also impossible to make generalised statements against cultures because every culture is different and should be discussed on an individual basis.
    [Immigrants from Denmark are different than immigrants from the Yemen for example].

When the Eastern Europeans came to Britain, people were annoyed. It was a natural reaction, nothing racist, just natural. It would happen with any group with an identity, that is flooded by another.
    However in all honesty, the Eastern Europeans were not much of a problem. They learned english, worked and their children will be for all intents and purposes Brits.
    Why?
    Because they were never that different from us in the first place and have no agenda apart from bettering themselves.

Now being swamped by muslims is a completely different ballgame.
    I don't understand how this is never allowed to be discussed without being called racist [considering islam has nothing to do with race]?

Muslims do not identify with countries, they are first and foremost muslims. Before anything else. It doesn't matter where in the world they are, they are muslims first.

Being a muslim from a strictly muslim country, you were brought up with certain ideas. These ideas are now being brought into countries which are in fact the exact opposite from muslim values.

Something has to give. And I always thought that the muslims have to start changing towards their host countries but in fact it is the host countries pandering to muslims. We are so 'open minded' and 'friendly', we stop using words such as christmas and allow muslim practices that were never part of this country, such as segregating men and women when they meet, separate divorce courts etc.
    One of the small but annoying things is the acceptance of halal meat in Supermarkets and the changing of pizza toppings from pork to vegetable or beef products...in DOMINOES and other takeaway paces.

It may sound silly to you but why on earth can't I get a pork topping in a place that isn't usually visited by muslims in the first place, in a country that is allowed to eat pork?

Not only muslim, but from an arab cultural background, which puts western women on par with sluts and prostitutes, sexual attacks are on the rise since the newcomers have entered our countries. Places that were safe once are not any longer.
    Women are now starting to change the way they dress. Some only venture out after dark with a 'protector'. Sounds familiar?

Anyone saying that there are also homegrown rapists, can shut up as I myself have witnessed the deterioration of areas that I could walk alone at night safely, to absolute danger zones to be completely avoided because they have been taken over by 'beautiful, ethnic' immigrants.

And someone here said it nicely [sorry forgot your username and can't go back from this screen to check], but it is always white places that need more ethnic people, never the other way round. There are schools in London, that are 99% 'ethnic' but Offsted doesn't tell them to include more white pupils. Yet the other way round, the schools are forced to be more diverse. Why? Isn't that extreme racism?

Furthermore, letting everyone in, will inevitably include the dregs of society, wanted criminals, terrorists, thieves, rapists etc as it is getting too 'hot' for them in their own countries. There are no distinctions. Who thought this would be a good idea?

Only someone with a profound HATE for European culture and people.

What is wrong to pick the good from the bad, forcing the newcomers to learn the language, making sure they assimilate and KNOW what OUR values are and ask them to VALUE them?
    Are we and our culture not worthy of protecting?
    If not, why not? Apparently it is so very important to keep your culture [as long as it isn't European].

Why is our culture so despised that it needs eroding at all costs, whilst others are encouraged to keep theirs?

We are seen by these people not as 'good' and 'compassionate', but as complete idiot walkovers. Hence the influx of male cowards by force. These people once needed violent tyrants to keep them from behaving like that. These 'leaders' understood their own kind and as we got rid of them, we opened Pandora's box.

It is all nice and romantic to believe that we are all the same underneath, but the truth is whilst we all have the same organs and belong to the same species, it doesn't take into account the cultural differences that make us behave a certain way.

Nobody is stopping any immigrant to pursue their right of religion but we MUST draw the line when the religions and cultures of guests trumps our laws and the culture of the country they live in.

I myself are an immigrant but you wouldn't know. I came to Britain because I love Britain [England] and wanted to belong. I don't hang out with other Germans [I know none], I am completely immersed and more British than some natives we know.
    And I as a foreigner, have seen this beautiful country change in the 26 years I have been here. Change because of completely alien cultures living amongst us without caring for this country and its values. It hurts my heart, it really does. Furthermore, my own country has gone down the drain, not because of Germans but because of immigrants who bring their way of life with them.

Just to finish off this long post, I'd like to mention that I love immigrants from countries that bring enrichment and different ideas, as long as I know that overall they are appreciative of their new country and show it too, rather than walk all over it and demand the unacceptable.
    Us natives are humans too, we have feelings and we 'd like to preserve our way of life, why is it allowed to destroy what we believe?
    Why do we hear about 'human rights' and 'preservation of culture' only when it comes to immigrants?

It is this blatant disrespect for our feelings that enrages us. You should think that in your own country, your culture is safe. We are treated like idiots that have no rights whatsoever and our way of life doesn't need protecting. Nobody ever asks us if we want this influx of strange habits and nobody cares if we don't. Plus we are made out to be criminals if we dare to speak up.

This whole immigration thing could have been handled differently. Slower, with more respect to us and we might have felt differently. But we are nothing.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:09 AM
    link   
    The article referenced basically says multicultural policies are bad. Which they usually are . In America we have an ever flowing influx of immigrants which usually come in waves of people. When any government tries to make policies for new immigrants that they do not understand it usually goes wrong . It is only when the immigrant assimilates to some degree and has input into how to treat their people that things get better. Their are always people afraid of the changes the immigrant will make to the country . But for the most part I have noticed that immigrants bring change to the way we think, eat and treat other human beings. And children of immigrants are the most motivated people I know. They more often then not have an inner drive to make their country better which always makes the country stronger and a better place to live.

I BELIEVE TO HATE AN IMMIGRANT IS TO HATE YOURSELF . Cause if you look in your family history there was a time when your family was an immigrant.

a reply to: s3cz0ne

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:21 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
    It has been my experience that " multiculturalism " and " diversity " means the same thing.

The West is too white, but Mexico is never too brown, Africa never too black, Asia is never too yellow and the Middle East is never too dark tan?

Just my observations, from my nearly 40 years.

As the only countries not diverse enough are only ever predominantly white countries.

That's what I don't understand. It's only ever predominantly white countries where diversity is seen as lacking. It's like being white is something to be ashamed of, whereas non-whites should be proud of their race/ethnicity.

Oscars so white? Well NBA is SO black! University/college is so Asian! Insert X is so Arab!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:15 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Hecate666

I think you typify the consternation felt by some Europeans. I'm not sure that I can agree with all of your points however. Yes there has been an uptick in crime. That's only natural as there are more people. The thing is the criminals represent the minority. Is it irksome that many are fighting age men and are not fighting for their respective countries? Sure. I'm 28, if I lived in Aleppo I'd be hightailing it out of there with my wife and daughter because they are whats most important to me. If I were single it might be a different story. I've seen the videos of the man saying a doctor told him to "make sex" with as many people as he could. I read the sexual emergency story about the 10 year old boy. I've seen Migrants openly proclaiming that they will conquering Europe through birth rates. Of course this is all disturbing.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
    link   
    a reply to: nyjet67

I agree. I don't hate immigrants. My grandparents were immigrants. The difference is that they WANTED to Integrate. They would not allow Italian to be spoken at home once the children started going to school. They WANTED to be American. It, *appears*, that many of the newcomers wish not only to not assimilate but seem to have a disdain for Western culture and values.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join