It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why multiculturalism is bad for society

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What a strange definition of multiculturalism...confusing and misleading...The definition irritates me because it doesn't mean multiple cultures....which is a positive thing as opposed to a NWO/Illuminati one world culture.

This thread is really about political policies for immigrants and the various ethnic communities in Great Britain. Apparently the policies create more segregation? Thats how it read to me...Article seemed like a lot of mumbo-jumbo and no specific examples of how having specific rights protecting ethnic communities is a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

While I can't give you a quote as I am posting from my phone there is a mention in the article of a white working class community that had money specifically designated for them. While the legislation or order mandating the expense may not have actually mentioned white working class people from wherever it was apparently implicit, at least according to the article. The same criticism could be levied against spending only intended for the Asian or Kenyan community. IMO it's more important to look at economics and not intentionally segregate each other by law. It's something thats been referred to a "the color blind bind". There is no simple answer. Black people in America are by and large the descendent's of those who were enslaved. That have faced generational poverty that has largely been the result of institutionalized racism, whether it was Jim Crow or the War on Drugs. The whole thing is a mess. I certainly don't have the answer but I do know that this POLICY of multiculturalism is not working and has proven to be counterproductive. Also, yes the article is specific to the UK. It can easily be applied to many Western countries however.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know, no denying that... that still didnt dampen the desire of people to come here and be american because at least they had a chance of giving their families a better life.

Didnt mean it always worked, and I am sure many great intelligent hard working people have fallen by the wayside due to bad choices or bad luck.

but the over all desire seemed to be, they wanted to be americans... not mexican-americans, or irish-americans or what not... just Americans. (I am sure there were exceptions there always is)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

My grandparents both came from Italy. My grandmother just turned 88, she still has Italian citizenship and visited multiple times over the decades. My grandfather died in the mid 1990's. He never went back to Italy nor did he wish to. His father fought for the US during WWI and he fought during WWII. I understand the sentiment. My mother, until age 5 only spoke Italian, once she started school she was no longer allowed to speak that language. Period.

Perhaps some don't want to Integrate. Maybe they'd rather receive the benefits from their host country and attempt to make it bend to their will? I don't know and cannot say. I have seen many disturbing videos on YouTube of Middle Easterners making unreasonable demands and absurd excuses for criminal behavior. That being said; I do not believe that the problem is entirely Islam. Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country in the world and doesn't have anywhere near the issues we see in the Middle East. Do they have problems with extremism? They sure do, but it's nowhere near the same degree seen elsewhere.
edit on 13-3-2016 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: s3cz0ne

Point blank, Multiculturalism is stupid and will not work. Assimilation, the great melting pot as it was works.

By the way, for our brain damaged audience, Multiculturalism and Assimilation are not the same thing.

Assimilation would be defined by most Americans as the country’s acceptance of hard-working immigrants who want to bring their cultural experiences to the table while simultaneously picking up essential American values. Assimilation is beneficial to society.

Multiculturalism, on the other hand, is proving destructive to society. As taken from recent comments of British Prime Minister David Cameron, today’s multiculturalism has become a “weakening of a national collective identity” through a gradual overhaul of centuries-old American traditions in order to capitulate to every demand of every culture of immigrant in the United States. Recent widespread European critique of multiculturalism, as publicly stated by the chief leaders of France, Great Britain, and Germany, has implications for the United States and provides lessons from which to learn.

You define assimilation, yet only sat that multiculturalism is stupid and won't work. I would say the US is very multicultural. It is based on being multicultural. Unless you think Native American traditions are lacking when people immigrate here and I have missed your point.

You also seem to think that part of the audience here is 'brain damaged'. I have no idea how you get away with saying things like that.

Wise words:

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birthplace or origin. But this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American.

"If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American.

"We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, and American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding house; and we have room for but one soul [sic] loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people."

"The effort to keep our citizenship divided against itself, by the use of the hyphen and along the lines of national origin is certain to a breed of spirit of bitterness and prejudice and dislike between great bodies of our citizens. If some citizens band together as X-Americans or Y-Americans, then after a while others are certain to band together as Z-Americans or T-Americans, and every such banding together, every attempt to make for political purposes an alliance, means down at the bottom an effort against the interest of straight-out American citizenship, an effort to bring into our nation the bitter World rivalries and jealousies and hatreds."

- Former President Roosevelt

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The documentary below is a thought provoking insight into the problem being faced at the moment

I watched it and was left with very mixed feelings. The Iraqi family that had the baby in Sweden left me feeling that they needed to be helped but then you hear the Swedish woman speak and she is dead right with what she sees and espouses as the problem i.e. she cites one small example where a Jesus sculpture on the wall of a building that has been there for many years now has to be covered up to keep 'them' happy.

The core problem as I see it is this; These groups come in and they form ghettos. They do not integrate among the rest of us, they stick together and try to recreate what they have left behind in a new country. There is very little cultural exchange as a result and we end up with what looks more like a state sponsored occupation than a melting pot of cultures.

The Islamic refugees go one step further and demand that we start making allowances for them instead of being grateful for us letting them have a safe place to be.

I live in a country of immigrants and we've had very little problem until Islam came along. Everyone else comes along, finds their place and fits in. They get out into the workplace and are accepted among us and before long they are learning all our silly colloquialisms and sharing stories about their homeland with us.

Islam on the other hand is very resistant to this. I met two male Syrian refugees just yesterday at work (I'm a retailer) they just did not seem to 'get' that we are an open society and that people are free here. They came into the store, one dressed in traditional arabic attire. The way they dressed was not a problem for me, but a female team member greeted them, as is her job and they completely ignored her. So we were off to a good start. Then they decided they wanted help and I responded. They were quite fine dealing with me, because I am male although I found them to be very high maintenance. Then it came time for them to purchase the items I had shown them and they went up to the counter.

They refused to be served and have their sale put through by my female team member So I had to do it for them.

That is so not cool that I don't know where to begin. It made myself and the other team member extremely angry and we had to vent once they had left.

We see people from all cultures in our line of work and never, ever have we come across this before. We overcome language barriers quite often with humorous pointing and mime games. We overcome complete ignorance about our products with demonstrations and tips on how to use them. Colour of skin and accent means nothing to us.

So, how then do we overcome people who don't want to be served by us because of cultural gender issues?

This is but one small example the culture clash that Islam brings upon us. They are the ones that are backwards, not us. They are the ones that need to change and adapt, not us.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Excellent quotes indeed. If I attempted to settle in many countries of the world I would be deported immediately. I certainly wouldn't hold the expectation that allowances be made for my cultural beliefs and preferences. Of course the deportation part may be largely economic as I would be coming from the US and many countries lack the resources to assist their own citizens. I just watched a video on YT that depicts a showing of some sort of video that has a "pro-gay" song playing. The Muslim immigrants go nuts. To the point that the whole thing is shut down. There are repeated chants of "Muhammed, Muhammed" and the organizers are being questioned by their guests why they hadn't turned it off when it was demanded.

Again I return to this question. What is a viable solution? There are bound to be conflicts, and likely, compromise. That compromise should not subjugate the hosts IMO. If anyone has a good answer to this question; many of us are waiting. Obviously there will be a clash of cultural values, and while they are VERY visible in certain media outlets they are likely being over represented. Back in the summer of 2006 I was in Italy. They have been dealing with the issue of migration for quite a while now with many of those arriving not being legitimate refugees. I almost got into an altercation with an English speaking African migrant at the Trevi Fountain in Rome for refusing to buy a flower for my "Beautiful Girlfriend" who was in fact my cousin. The guy didn't want to take no for an answer and needless to say it was a quite unpleasant experience.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

It appears to have less to do with Islam and more to do with Middle Eastern and North African culture. This is certainly not an indictment of all people from those regions as I have a couple of Syrian friends that happen to be Muslim. As I mentioned in a previous reply to someone else Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country in the world and of all the Indonesian immigrants I've met, albeit a very small number, I've never witnessed anything like this kind of behavior.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Indonesia didn't really have a huge problem with fundamentalist Islam until it started receiving an influx of them from the Middle East.

Indonesia had become a reasonably progressive and open, even pluralistic, Muslim culture and proof that Islam could be fairly tolerant even when the majority, but it's slowly being radicalized by the exportation of the Middle Eastern brand of the religion.

American Muslims had been the same until the exportation of the same, too. I'm certain you see the same problem all over. For some reason, the fundamentalist version of Islam has a stronger pull than the more open and tolerant version.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne

It appears to have less to do with Islam and more to do with Middle Eastern and North African culture. This is certainly not an indictment of all people from those regions as I have a couple of Syrian friends that happen to be Muslim. As I mentioned in a previous reply to someone else Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country in the world and of all the Indonesian immigrants I've met, albeit a very small number, I've never witnessed anything like this kind of behavior.

Yeah, you see it depends on the person too.

I've met Indonesians who are absolute a-holes. In fact I went to Bali once and will never ever return there again after the way we were treated.

I work near a large group of Afghan refugees though and we get along fine - in fact I've made friends with several of them.

I accept that there are good and bad in every society. But you cannot deny that Islam is creating unique problems for western values.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Excellent documentary from RT. Whatever one's thoughts about RT might be they have put out some great work lately. The docu about the "Bacas" in Afghanistan was excellent as well, it was a bit short and lacking however IMO.

Either way, however one sees it, this film clearly demonstrates a truly complex situation. It's a good watch and certainly raises many questions. The prime question, the one that I keep returning to, is what to do? What is the humane, just and civilised response to all of this? Again I have no answers. It's complex and it is certainly not black and white, as much as I dislike using the expression because of supposed racial undertones.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

There is one very small but very powerful country in the mid east that advocates multiculturalism for all other countries but they will have absolutely nothing to do multiculturalism themselves.

Immigration of people from the third and second world is a form of subversion. The intent is destroy national identify and national pride.

Such a countries become bitza countries, they are made up of people who are bitza this, bitza that and bitza everything, These people have no loyalty or interest in that country, they just want to live their lives like they lived in their own homeland and care nothing for the host country. These people will not stand up and fight for the host country or its long term interests. They will not stand up and fight for anything.

The per-exisitng homogeneous population turn inward and focus only on their own lives to the exclusion of national life; they care only about their own personal careers, family and pastimes and sport.

This sort of 'give up' mentality (subversion outcome) makes the country ripe for takeover using silent weapons like multiculturalism, diversity (which means exclusion of whites) and calls for tolerance (tolerance to non christan non white populations).

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

There is no easy answer, because all of the ways of vetting the refugees for cultural suitability are considered racist and banned.

i.e. I don't think anyone in Western Europe would have an issue with Christian and other non Islamic refugees coming in and even staying.

I can remember back in the 1980's we got many Catholic refugees from Cambodia and Vietnam in our parish in NZ. They were welcomed like long lost friends by everyone, becoming mini celebrities because we shared something in common with them already and we were all eager to know where they came from and their stories. They came into the wider community and worked very hard, earning their respect as we all have to.

I'll get flamed for saying this, but it's Islam everyone is suspicious of. And we have ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram etc etc to thank for that.

What's the old saying? Once bitten, twice shy?
edit on 14-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Diversity does not mean exclusion of whites IMO. Multiculturalism clearly is a problem because rather focusing on a single cohesive society we must all have our own unique identities. Why does one need to be African American or Mexican American or Italian American for example? Why can't we all just be Americans and focus on the common good of our country? Let's focus on economics not race, gender, etc. That's what the OLD LEFT did. Not so much with the neo-liberals.

As far as Israel is concerned, I can't say I entirely disagree. It's ironic that your post appeared as I am listening to a talk by Gilad Atzmon.
edit on 14-3-2016 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Thank everyone for all the stars and flags everyone! I had no idea or expectation that my first thread would end up on the front page! Again thanks and please let's continue the conversation!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

So, how then do we overcome people who don't want to be served by us because of cultural gender issues?

If you work in the customer service field you have the right to refuse service to anyone you wish. If they ask why, tell them. Tell them that you don't like them personally and that there is no one specific reason. If they ask for the manager, bring the manager. Hopefully the manager is a female, but if he is not, bring in the highest ranking female in the store who is on the page page as you who is willing to impersonate the manager for the purpose of driving them and their business out of your store. The customer won't know the difference because, since they don't want to assimilate by learning our ways, they won't know the difference between a manager and a regular worker. They just have to take your word for it and they only have their own intolerance and ignorance to blame for that. Do that and they'll probably walk out of store on their own because a woman is in charge. (HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT!!!)

This is how you deal with these bozo's. Treat them like second class citizens who don't belong because.....they are and they don't. Because of their inbred DNA that dictates that they should not and will not assimilate with other cultures that have advanced in tandem with other cultures, or to individual communities that have their own ways and beliefs that DO fit in with their culture as a whole....they are not advanced. They still have the same beliefs, mindsets and intelligence that they had 2,000 years ago in their own little god-foraken corner of the world. They have not evolved.

They want to live like animals, put them in cages. And this is not specific to that culture. There are plenty of other types of people on this planet who fit that bill of not wanting to assimilate to the culture of the country they moved themselves into, or to the personal beliefs of a community within that country. Plenty enough to where a rational and logical person will realize that multiculturalism, cultural diversity, etc....is only as good as the people being integrated by their own choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

originally posted by: markosity1973

If you work in the customer service field you have the right to refuse service to anyone you wish. If they ask why, tell them. Tell them that you don't like them personally and that there is no one specific reason. If they ask for the manager, bring the manager.

I am the manager.....

And I would literally lose my job for refusing service. The almighty dollar is all that counts in retail and most all companies are quite happy to sacrifice employee happiness and sanity to get the sale.
edit on 14-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I would not see it as bad or good....good or bad, I see it as....we are all mixed already, what is the big deal? Is it because those traveling don't share the same views as those 'judging'....anyways....me 2 cents

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We need the technology to get off-world and colonize the solar system and asteroid belt. Then communities of like-minded people and ethic groups can clump together and exist peacefully.

Earth is getting crowded...and everyone wants their "faction" to be in control.

We need space travel. We need to get off Earth.

All the war, poverty, pain and miserly of the 21st century? It's birth pains. Human kind is being pushed out of Earth's womb. We are literally pushing ourselves to the point where we can't co-habitate with one another on this planet anymore -- and we either get off it and start colonizing the stars or we self-destruct.

Birth is never a pleasurable or easy process. It's messy. It's painful. There's a lot of screaming and stress levels are very, very high. There's also some element of risk involved of the baby not surviving.

If Earth is our womb, and humanity is the infant -- we need to be preparing being born and realize that is what is going on (if we wish to survive).
edit on 14-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: eldemie
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I would not see it as bad or good....good or bad, I see it as....we are all mixed already, what is the big deal? Is it because those traveling don't share the same views as those 'judging'....anyways....me 2 cents

Did you read the linked article? That is an honest question, not an attack of sorts. It is about the forced political culture of multiculturalism. It is not a condemnation of diversity. It's about groups of HUMAN BEINGS being shoved into a box that they never consented to be in. It's about having ones identity choose for them by THE STATE. I hold many "liberal" views but I wonder where all of the Roosevelt Democrats have gone. It pains me to see so called "Neo Liberals" like Hillary. And for that matter where have all the Eisenhower Republicans gone? Where is the party of Lincoln that was actually quite revolutionary at one time? This cultural experiment that has been imposed on us is a disaster and the NeoLibs and NeoCons are both to blame. They've manipulated the population into voting against our own best interests through the use of stupid, peripheral wedge issues like abortion and gun control? When will the US and West in general wake up to the machinations of the CFR, the Trilateral Commission et al. When will people see the larger agenda? The economy and economic well being of the MAJORITY of the people. How much longer will we continue to be fooled? This is CLASSIC divide and conquer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join