It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Study: 3 federal laws could reduce gun deaths by more than 90%"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You can love for anything but if you won't die for it then you haven't lived for anything.art some point you have to prove your right to exist. Taking that right from someone is a line I don't cross.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Sorry Criminals will still circumvent it and you are still punishing me.
WE won't allow their theory to come to fruition and I think they missed a few details.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Sorry Criminals will still circumvent it and you are still punishing me.
WE won't allow their theory to come to fruition and I think they missed a few details.
thank you. I'll help buy not even reading it. The punishment is the problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

DO elaborate.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

DO elaborate.
justice is automatic. An infallible law of our existence. Crime and punishment is a forced set off peramaters. If you knowingly experiment on me without my consent then you knowingly consent to me experimenting on you.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Only in the service pal.
Including ME.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Obviously Momof3 doesn't know that Illinois is one of the worse cities when it comes to not only gun crimes but murders by guns... Got to be delusional to use Illinois as an example of "reducing deaths by guns"... Criminals don't buy guns legally, they buy guns and bullets illegally hence they don't pay for these types of gun control measures.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I think you mean another poster is delusional. I didn’t bring up Illinois.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
"Because of the shortcomings of the firearms background checks, "we were very happy when we got the result that background checks for ammunition is effective, and could be more effective than (firearm) background checks alone," she said. Illinois, Massachusetts and New Jersey require a license or permit to buy ammunition.

Scientific article my butt... More like libtard authoritarians trying to stop legal residents/citizens from defending themselves... Not to mention being "control freaks"...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

That is a quote From the scientific study. But I’m glad you read it.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"Crimimals leep shooting and killing people. Something must be done"

"I know...lets pass a law making shooting someone illegal....."

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Return to the common law of the states is the fix. They hanged murderers and did it quickly, no 12 appeals BS. The common law would also restore the rights of the people (no in res in common law) property taxes would end, income taxes would end. Drug laws would end (except interstate commerce).

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Liberals have no problem infringing on OTHER people's rights, they happily advocate it all the time.

However, when it comes to THEIR rights, the rights important to THEM, being questioned...oh boy, time to start freaking out and screaming at the sky!!

Can anyone say "HYPOCRISY"????

Further, let's examine this notion of bullet ID a little more carefully. What would a 'chain of custody' look like...and who would track it? Another whole new government department, with thousands of new government employees?

Example (chain of custody):

Owner: (insert manufacturer)
Owner: (insert wholesaler / distributor)
Owner: (insert retailer)
Owner: John Doe
Owner: John Smith
Owner: Jane Doe
Owner: Unknown (stolen - police report XXX-XXXXX-XX)
Owner: Unknown
Owner: LeShawn Doe (partial) (recovered during crack house raid and arrest 4 states away)
Owner: Tweaker Bill (partial) (recovered, arrested...docket # XXX-XXXXX-XXX, other side of country)
Owner: Unkown (removed from deceased) (cold case...archived)
(end)

Yeah, that oughta' work!

In the meantime, there is paperwork for each one of those steps which means bureaucracy and cost...on both sides. Bottom line? REAL end-game = 'achieved' by anti-gun lobby (i.e. elevate prices for ammunition due to overhead costs to the point where nobody but government can afford to purchase it).

Gosh, how ever do we recover all these spiraling costs being incurred by the government??? Gee, I've got an idea...how about an ammunition tax??

Anti-gun lobby for the win! (mic drop)

edit on 1/18/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Lol. Yep it’s election season. I posted this study in 2016.
Here we go again, Gods Guns and Girls.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I posted this study in 2016.

By golly, you sure did too! My bad.

Well, at least we're consistent!

Here we go again, Gods Guns and Girls.

What else is there...except for beer maybe?

edit on 1/18/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

you are spot on there. To have the mentality it takes to hurt another person is lacking in empathy and morality, and it's a sickness that needs a cure.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Not to mention fabricating ammo isnt exactly rocket science. I mean...collecting spent brass only makes it easy. But isnt absolutely necessary.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: network dude

Not to mention fabricating ammo isnt exactly rocket science. I mean...collecting spent brass only makes it easy. But isnt absolutely necessary.

The regulation of ammo will just never be a reality. It's a dumb idea. There would be a better chance in regulating morality, and I also don't think that is possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Most gun deaths are due to criminal activity.

That is incorrect.

en.wikipedia.org...

The U.S. Department of Justice reports that approximately 60% of all adult firearm deaths are by suicide, 61% more than deaths by homicide.

Suicide is the leading cause of gun deaths.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

And the leading suicides are veterans. They account for somethimg like 43% of all gun deaths.

If we stop breaking the minds of young men with perpetual war we could see 43% of all gun deaths vanish.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join