It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists tied to ISIS launch chemical-laced weapons on Iraqi town, officials say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
(CNN)Suspected terrorists with links to ISIS on Saturday fired rockets containing unspecified chemical substances into a residential part of the northern Iraqi town of Taza, Iraqi security officials told CNN.

The attacks caused an unspecified number of casualties from suffocation, burns and dehydration.

With all the hints since the capture of an ISIS Chem weapons leader and other earlier suspected chem attacks I'm sure we will be seeing an increase in activity...
And can't help but assume boots on the ground to be a possible forthcoming announcement...

us.cnn.com...
edit on 13-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: add link

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
bigstory.ap.org...

BAGHDAD (AP) — The Islamic State group has launched two chemical attacks near the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk, killing a three-year-old girl, wounding some 600 people and causing hundreds more to flee, Iraqi officials said Saturday.

"What the Daesh terrorist gangs did in the city of Taza will not go unpunished," Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said using an alternative acronym for the IS group during a meeting with village elders in Taza on Saturday. "The perpetrators will pay dearly."

Security and hospital officials say the latest attack took place early Saturday in the small town of Taza, which was also struck by a barrage of rockets carrying chemicals three days earlier.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Redrawing lines in the sand. If you cross this chemical red line, now this one, and this one…

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
They were making mustard gas the other day. But I have also seen them making Sarin Nerve Agent in Syria. So, we will have to see. However, nerve agent would have wiped out lots of people. Sounds like burns and suffocation like mustard agent to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I guess ISIS is been allow to do what Saddam was killed for it, as per reason for invading Iraq.

That is the reason I guess ISIS is been allow to take over Iraq.

What a joke and a hypocrisy or is only me the one that can see this this irony.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Day after day we see from evidence found that the West is deep into this crazy stuff .

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I see the humor in your post but also the reality as political and public favor needs to be swayed into an agreed upon agenda...
And this may well be the line in the sand needed to bring this about...
Slowly introducing the threat of chemical weapons...
an introduction of a key player...
several events to link the validity of the threat...
and then a massive attack to create an outcry from the world...
edit on 13-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

They've been know to use Chlorine in their weapons too

Islamic State 'using chlorine gas' in Iraq roadside bombs

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The technology and scope of weaponry being use by IST is staggering. An exclusive by Sky News about IS labs detailing bomb-making and rocketry was shocking:
news.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

That is a problematic report...
the ability to retool obsolete missile technology alone, aside from the other information mentioned is both troubling and shocking indeed.
The number of old weapons available which have a success rate of 99% accuracy when locked on and the potential problems they could pose is frightening...
Hopefully other reports are true on thier money problems because money is what has made these advancements possible...
edit on 13-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

That is a problematic report...
the ability to retool obsolete missile technology alone, aside from the other information mentioned is both troubling and shocking indeed.
The number of old weapons available which have a success rate of 99% accuracy when locked on and the potential problems they could pose is frightening...
Hopefully other reports are true on thier money problems because money is what has made these advancements possible...

I started a thread detailing these issues, and I was taken aback by the progress made by these groups. The creation and modification of weaponry to be used to kill innocents is unbelievable:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Looks like thier progress and potential plans having been exposed has forced thier hand at rushing attempts to use them...
Breaking news now...
m.huffpost.com...
Portland-Bound Missiles Found On Air Serbia Flight

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

They were making mustard gas the other day. But I have also seen them making Sarin Nerve Agent in Syria. So, we will have to see. However, nerve agent would have wiped out lots of people. Sounds like burns and suffocation like mustard agent to me.

Mustard Gas (Bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide - its chemical name) is relatively easy to make

At its crudest , in the Levinstein process, Ethylene, either from petroleum or by dehydrating alcohol is reacted with
Disulfur Dichoride. produced from passing chlorine over molten sulfur.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is basic chemistry . In fact at a university near me have a book produced in 1930's that shows how to manufacture chemical
warfare agents (wont mention university or book) in both laboratory and commercial amounts

Mustard is much easier to make, nerve agents are level of magnitude harder
edit on 13-3-2016 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Mustard Gas (Bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide - its chemical name) is relatively easy to make

At its crudest , in the Levinstein process, Ethylene, either from petroleum or by dehydrating alcohol is reacted with
Disulfur Dichoride. produced from passing chlorine over molten sulfur.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is basic chemistry . In fact at a university near me have a book produced in 1930's that shows how to manufacture chemical
warfare agents (wont mention university or book) in both laboratory and commercial amounts

Mustard is much easier to make, nerve agents are level of magnitude harder

I concur. I went to college for Engineering and had plenty of chemistry and physics. Enough for a lifetime for me. We had some crazy professors, but one in particular was a retired industrial chemist. He taught us to easily take any substance made in the lab and scale to quantities as large as we required on an industrial scale. Once you have the chemistry down to make any amount in a lab, it is just a matter of math to scale it up to whatever quantity you need. Of course procedures need to be modified, but he taught us that too and how to stop and control out of control reactions when some plant worker dumps the wrong chemical into the reactor vessel or whatever you have. You have to realize any scientist or engineer that is properly trained can make some terrible things. One of the main things is knowing where to acquire the particular knowledge you need for the substance to be made. We were well trained in that too. I wouldn't tell the GP where to get said information either. If they haven't already gained the education and respect for what their doing they certainly don't need it.

There was a chemical engineer that was involved in a terrorist attack right here in the US. He happened to be muslim and that led to certain sympathies with people that needed his help. There are lots and lots of well trained individuals out there in the public very capable of doing the unthinkable. Fortunately, the majority of them are not nut jobs regardless of background. There are things going on in society right under your nose that if you knew about you wouldn't sleep well at night and it is legal for the companies doing it to do so. They are licensed by the government and nothing stops the individuals working there from going off the chain. Thankfully, they all so far have been pretty stable. But, just look at the Anthrax attack if you want to see what one bad scientist can do.

edit on 13/3/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

I see the humor in your post but also the reality as political and public favor needs to be swayed into an agreed upon agenda...
And this may well be the line in the sand needed to bring this about...
Slowly introducing the threat of chemical weapons...
an introduction of a key player...
several events to link the validity of the threat...
and then a massive attack to create an outcry from the world…

You left out ignoring the death and destruction cause by thousands of tons of explosive ordnance dropped by attack aircraft, destroying infrastructure that people depend on to survive, resulting in many more deaths over time. Building up instead on the minor tragedy of a few deaths caused outright by some 'banned' chemical.

All weapons of war kill by using some form of chemical reaction.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Mustard gas is particularly ugly chemical - its vapors at low concentrations cause temporary blindness

A drop size of pin head unless instantly removed will create blisters size of egg. It literally strips skin off body

Mustard is also a mutagen which causes cell mutations effecting future generations

Its also a very persistent chemical breaking down slowly - it can remain active for weeks or months depending on weather conditions

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Being shot or blown up by high explosive does all those things, too. Blindness, compression of organs, hearing loss, shrapnel, burns, horrific wounds, loss of limbs, brain damage, paralysis, all by chemical explosive and projectiles.

Pain and anguish last a life time, too.

The propaganda wants to make one tool of war seemingly okay or acceptable by comparison to another. There is no difference, except in our minds because of the agenda to make the enemy more evil than US.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for that vid. Love Syrian girl, the wealth of captured goods reflect how the insurgency is being overwhelmed. They wouldn't normally allow this kind evidence, including photo IDs and "humanitarian aid", to fall into the Syrian armies hands if they could help it. They are surely more desperate, on the run, harried by Russian air strikes and Syrian ground operations.

Thats a good thing.

top topics

join