It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a Veteran. Don't own property. You are not permitted to vote.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Sargeras

If Pakistan didn't have nukes it would be part of India despite what you think. No, Pakistan is NOT a powerhouse in any way shape or form. They exist because they have nukes, and only because of that reason.

This kind of thinking is why the idea only veterans can vote is ridiculous.

Um then why didn't India take them before they had nukes?

Because India and Pakistan have been fighting ling before they had nukes.

Pakistan developed them because India was.

Not to protect themselves from India.

I have never met a less informed person so convinced of their own knowledge.

Your hilarious to me!!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: enlightenedservant

My brother Inlaw hits me with the " You shouldn't be allowed to vote if you didn't serve in the military " comment and many others sayings almost every week. He does not care that I spent a whole career as a Firefighter/Medic and Nursing.

He is what is considered in around here as the typical south western Pennsylvania hunter. Bible in one hand, rifle in the other. Quick to make a racist joke.

Generally I can tune him out. But last night was just to much. 😝

I can completely understand. I've had a major temper problem for most of my life and it literally took anger management lessons for me to get it under control (with religious guidance, too). I'm mentioning that because one of the major techniques I learned is that sometimes it's best to just agree to disagree and walk away. Some people simply won't change or come around to your way of thinking.

And not to preach, but one of the lessons God taught me is that "The point isn't to defeat them but to bring them to their senses." Unfortunately, I quickly lose patience with that approach, hence my first suggestion lol. (Ironically, "patience" is also the virtue that counters the sin of "wrath" in the 7 Sins/7 virtues.)

So in a nutshell, just be patient. And remember that it's better to end a conversation with people like that than to make it worse. Though, sometimes it's also better to take a stand, especially when others can be harmed by the person's words or actions. Ok, I think I'm going in circles.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Wow... My response is... I think I'm going to go hug all my neighbors! It sounds like not only are yours terrible, but they're also politically stupid!

It saddens me that they have a right to vote. Do they also think renters should only allowed to drive in the slow lane? Or maybe no gun ownership for renters?

Did I read your OP wrong, or was there really more than 1 person (nationwide) who felt this way? If I didn't trust you based on your long standing and solid reputation here, I'd assume this was one of those new-account fake story posts! How ludicrous are these people?!

Um, so yeah, my answer is, I'd probably look at them incredulously and say, "Are you actually snipping serious?!" - I would actually use the word snipping too, I'm not self-censoring. Just to add more confusion into their already deeply, disturbingly confused lives.

ETA: Ok, apparently i did read wrong. My eyes are going cross eyed on me cuz I'm super tired. Apparently it was just your brother in law with that comment, which renders my entire post stupid. But your bro in law is still ridiculous!
I'm going to sleep before I misread anything else and get all up in arms over nothing lol.
edit on 3/14/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join