It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why inequality, income and otherwise will always exist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why inequality will always exist.

For pleasure to be enjoyed, something living must endure pain.

Want a glass of affordable juice? Some worker must work all day in the heat for a low wage.

Want a book? Someone must write it.

Want beef? Some animal has to die!

Want to give the cows some kind of happy California cow existence? You must starve yourself of beef!

Even pre civilization to get a peach from a tree you had to walk to the tree and likely step on some living ants in your path.

Want corn? Gotta use some pesticide (bug and insect killer)

Want an orgasm with a condom? Some sperm and eggs must die.

Want to procreate without a condom? Labor pains, nausea and back pain for the woman and labor from the man to support the child.

Want a self aware intelligent robot to do all the work? Someone has to build it and what if the robot has to be so smart it can feel pain?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

You must have a very sad life.

Cheer up.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Someone said "There will always be those that are poor". The point being they are responsible for their own welfare and should not be boot strapped into a false reality wherein they are handicapped forever to help themselves.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Peace on Earth, Good Will towards Man. A good argument in support of the argument on income inequality. We should make strides to make life less of a burden for all.
edit on 12-3-2016 by ugmold because: clarification

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If energy ever became non-scarce being poor may end. but poor is a relative term as well.

The human condition has been poverty only recently as innovation exceeded population growth did a large number of people get out of poverty. In the past ages people would multiply until most people were poor again. tech gains were very slow until the industrial revolution.

economic history can be divided into pre-industrial revolution and the industrial age. It is one of thee most important events of all time if not the most important.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce
For pleasure to be enjoyed, something living must endure pain.

I enjoyed sleeping in on the weekend, wheres the yin to that yang.

This thread is absurd.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yes, a funny way at looking at it. Try this:

In the early days, real earl days, people would collect under a tree of ripe apples and stare hungrily upward, watching for one to fall and beating all of the others to it. One day sent his son to get an apple for the family. The son was a bright lad and he didn't want to hang around with the grubby adults just waiting, and it was the days long before portable music devices that you plugged into your years, so he decide he would climb the tree and get his dad's apple. He did that. His dad was amazed and spent the night pondering what had happened. He developed a marketing plan right then and then by the fire and went to sleep a happy man because in the morrow he would be working on his first million. And it happened. He sent the boy out early to climb the tree, shake it good and hard and get all of the fallen apples collected before the crowd arrive. (They seemed to like to travel as, more or less, in herd style.) So the father and son carried all of the apples back to the cave and set up a booth with a sign. "Apples for sale--whatca got to trade?"

That middle man then gave the tribe leader a armload of apples and gently asked him to make rules that he was doing something entirely legal, and that the people must buy his produce and they no longer could go to the tree on their own as, actually, the tree was now owned by the new apple merchant. And he was happy to pay a rent-a-club to keep people away from stealing apples from his tree. So in that way, folks with a corner on the market of some product. He set up a distribution system far and wide, and banks, too, and invention some electronics so his son didn't have to merely hum his favorite songs anymore. That all happened about time humans developed ears, I think.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I agree with the premise but not the reason to get there. The real reason inequality will exist is that humans are a hierarchical species, and because the vast majority of us happen to be extremely poor at self evaluation we tend to grade ourselves in comparison to others. As a result, people naturally want to see a hierarchy of those who are doing better than others, and everyone wants to point to a group that they can say they're doing better than. It justifies their own existence and reaffirms they made the right choices in life (regardless of the truth of that) because they're better off than X.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I was reading some research on life after death, an some of the patterns that emerge in those who do hypnosis to explore past lives and the experiences in between. I find it interesting how many will find the same sort of thing happening in between, which suggests there is a soul. Though I can't say I believe it, exactly, I find it curious.

But an idea that hit me the other day is that these all tell of earth and physical manifestation as being a plane for learning about third dimension, time and space, and it's laws. That all the experiences need to be available for that activity!

-To learn the experience of lack, of abundance, of sadness, of joy, all these variations that polarity makes possible.

Also, that there is not like, one group of souls all "growing up" together, in a linear plan for earth school, but rather, souls constantly coming in to begin, one finishing up and graduating, and everything in between...at any given moment in time.

It hit me that what that indicates is- no matter what we do to create an ideal world void of what we judge "negative" experiences, injustices, imbalances, or even, "evil", it won't be successful. Because all that is necessary in this school.

Though certain areas may have an evolution we can observe - a country can go through cycles of being more extremely polarized until they reach a revolution and become more equalized for a period, as that begins to slowly widen again, to come to the same point later in time and turn over again....

But somewhere on earth, there always has to be all the experiences available. They always will be.

I found that sort of profound to consider! What if we die and suddenly see the world from that vantage point and laugh?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
"Otherwise" in the title thread should also be discussed.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Nothing at all in this thread has said anything about the Problem of Income Inequality. It also seems to be confusing a typical sliding scale of things being not equal and what is meant by Massive Income Inequality.

Nobody expects everything to be totally equal across the board. We all understand that there is a scale of income with an upper and lower end to it. The problem is that isn't what we presently have. Nor is it summed up nicely by using examples of people having to exert effort for some kind of reward.

Some of the examples in the OP are also just incorrect or not applicable.

If this is what people actually think represents a good counter argument for Income Inequality issues it's no wonder why it persists. Because if this qualifies as a good breakdown of what the debate is about you have little to no knowledge of what the topic is even about.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: monkeyluv

Well, the otherwise is, the people who didn't go through alot of pain are always going to be better off than the PTSD afflicted. Look at soldiers for example, real infantry soldiers who fought in war, the homeless rates are higher, the unemployment rates are higher and the suicide rates are higher. The sex capitals of the world also have the lowest murder rates, look it up. But income wise a janitor will never be equal to a heart surgeon in income, or else noone would want to be anything other than a janitor. That's why communism can't work. I see this as codified fact that the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer.
edit on 14-3-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce
a reply to: monkeyluv

Well, the otherwise is, the people who didn't go through alot of pain are always going to be better off than the PTSD afflicted. Look at soldiers for example, real infantry soldiers who fought in war, the homeless rates are higher, the unemployment rates are higher and the suicide rates are higher. The sex capitals of the world also have the lowest murder rates, look it up. But income wise a janitor will never be equal to a heart surgeon in income, or else noone would want to be anything other than a janitor. That's why communism can't work. I see this as codified fact that the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer.

According to the title thread, "otherwise" should also exist.

new topics

top topics

join