It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History channel admits to Franklin's association with The Illuminati

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Now there is no "direct" association with The Illuminati in the clip, but it mentions secret society, and we know Franklin was a Mason, so put 2 and 2 together...

I was listening to Alex Jones' radio show today and they kept replaying this clip from a show on The History Channel the other night.

I thought it was interesting that this much information would be officially released. I dont know, it doesnt really delve into detail, but it still is interesting they played something like this....

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Illuminous]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sortry, Franklin who? I'm guessing of Roosevelt...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
maybe the secret society was the masons ? what makes a cable tv show any kind of authority anyway? even the new york times makes up stories

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh look, I admit to be running the NWO. Does anyone actually take me seriously?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Oh look, I admit to be running the NWO. Does anyone actually take me seriously?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Sortry, Franklin who? I'm guessing of Roosevelt...

I think he means Benjamin Franklin...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminous
Now there is no "direct" association with The Illuminati in the clip, but it mentions secret society, and we know Franklin was a Mason, so put 2 and 2 together...

And you get the FDR was in the masons, they are probably the secret society that he belonged to.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Benjamin Franklin was a member of two so-called "secret societies": the Masons and the Sons of Liberty. When you "put 2 and 2 together" you get 4, not an extinct Bavarian fraternity.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Benjamin Franklin was a member of two so-called "secret societies": the Masons and the Sons of Liberty. When you "put 2 and 2 together" you get 4, not an extinct Bavarian fraternity.

Ben Franklin could've been a member of the actual Bavarian Illuminati tho no? At least in so far as having co existed with them? The Illuminati seemd to think in terms similar to the Founders.

I know that none of them are supposed to have been members, but, it woud certainly have been interesting if the Sons of Liberty and Illuminati had at least made some contacts.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Benjamin Franklin was also a free thinker as well as possibly being a Mason...he was also a deist.

And, among presidents, he certainly wasn't alone...check this out...

www.deism.org...

(look under founding fathers on the left)

If you're unsure of exactly what a deist is, this site will explain it sufficiently as well

[edit on 11-1-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminous

Have you thought it possible that the secret society being referred to in the clip is Freemasonry?!? What in the clip would lead you to think "Illuminati"~!?!? You cannot say that the History Channel admits to Franklin's association with the Illuminati, because in reality it did no such thing. Sounds like you're reaching...

[edit on 12-1-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
History channel exposed in ratings ploy bu fundamental inaccuracy and wild rumour-mongering. I believe anything as long as it is not confirmed by TV. Its what you SEE and HEAR. Maybe some of you know what I mean by that.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Ben Franklin could've been a member of the actual Bavarian Illuminati tho no? At least in so far as having co existed with them? The Illuminati seemd to think in terms similar to the Founders.

According to Weishaupt's autobiography, he based the Illuminati loosely on what little he knew about the Sons of Liberty, of which Franklin was a member. The major difference was that the Sons were combatting Tories, while the Illuminati were concerned with fighting against the Jesuits. After the Illuminati went defunct, Weishaupt wrote of his co-members, and most of the more prominent members also wrote about their experiences in the Illuminati. It doesn't seem that the Illuminati ever expanded outside Bavaria, or cared to, and its members were practically all German.

I know that none of them are supposed to have been members, but, it woud certainly have been interesting if the Sons of Liberty and Illuminati had at least made some contacts.

That much is possible, and perhaps even likely. Thomas Jefferson publicly defended the Illuminati, and Weishaupt in particular. It is believed that Frederick the Great helped the Illuminati out by loaning them money, and at least some of our forefathers may have done the same. They would no doubt have liked to have seen a similar revolution on the Continent as they were leading in the Colonies.

new topics

top topics

join