It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders wins: Ohio judge rules 17-year-olds can vote on election day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Which still has nothing to do with what I said. That comment was about how you accredited people being on their parents insurance till 25 due to ACA.

Glad you were able to get that in 86, my bet there is much more than you are telling us but that isn't the topic either.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

When did I bring up Sanders?

The topic is about Sanders.

If kids decades ago were taught about capitalism and purchasing power and about different politics more in depth and such, we wouldn't have many of the problems we have today.

Funny decades ago 'kids' were actually smarter than today's.

They didn't lead a coddled existence.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Because that's what that trash said.

Try READING IT.

Children can stay on their parent’s plan until 26, when they turn 26 they qualify for special enrollment. Dependent coverage is also offered by employers. Below is everything you need to know about the Affordable Care Act and young adults under 26.

obamacarefacts.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The topic is about him getting 17 year olds to vote in primaries if they will be of age come election day. Something you haven't touched on, just been ranting about the same old same old.

Just what the hell do they have to be concerned about. Most still living under mommy and daddies roofs. Most are going to college thanks to the student loan debt that accounts for over 1 trillion dollars in DEBT. And thanks to the ACA they don't have any health insurance concerns since they are covered until the age of 25.

This is about all you have had to say about it. Which was just "screw these kids, they don't need to be voting anyway because I already know everything about them and I don't agree with it".

Yes I know it says that, wasn't the point Neo. It was about how your jab ignored that all it did was add one more year to an already standing policy.
edit on thSat, 12 Mar 2016 15:07:43 -0600America/Chicago320164380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The topic is about him getting 17 year olds to vote in primaries if they will be of age come election day. Something you haven't touched on, just been ranting about the same old same old.

Clearly someone didn't read the op.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Clearly someone didn't read the op.

That is not only your topic, it is your title. You have derailed and gone OT on your own thread over and over.

This is about 17 year olds being able to vote in he primary election in that state if they will be 18 on election day, which is the case in many states. It is a good thing, you just don;t like who led the charge for it in that one state.
edit on 12-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Apparently some people have NO problems with the rules being changed mid way through the primaries.

So a candidate that's getting stomped on creates new 'instant' voters.

And that's not 'corrupt'.

Moving right along.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

WHAT does this say ?

So a seventeen year old can't be trusted to buy a gun. They can't be trusted to buy a pack of smokes. They can't be trusted to buy a bottle of beer. But their 'adult' enough to vote!

Which was found HERE:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try reading it slowly.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

"It is an outrage that the secretary of state in Ohio is going out of his way to keep young people — significantly African-American young people, Latino young people — from participating,” Sanders said.

Idiot x 2

1) Apparently only blacks and latinos are born before November in Ohio?

2) It should be an outrage to any race-card throwing reactionary that Sanders is focusing on blacks and latinos. Are white and asian people not good enough for him? The nerve.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wasn't union. It' was back in the 86 where $3.25 has today's value of $ 7 bucks an hour.

Inflation is a snip too.

By purchasing power $3.25 in 86 is about as much as $14 today. So here you are complaining about RL being a pain when you had $14/hour and insurance at your no skill entry level job. Today people get half that with no insurance. Sounds like you had it way better. How can you be ok with that? It's the job of adults to make sure the next generation has an easier time. A complete failure on your part.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah bagging groceries requires a phd!

LOL.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

To me this wreaks of desperation from the Sanders camp. AT 17 I had more interesting things to do than pay attention to American politics. But the bigger question should be asked. This close to the election cycle should things like this be happening ?

I don't think so.

Sen. Bernie Sanders notched a potentially significant win on Friday evening when an Ohio judge issued an order, allowing 17-year-old voters to participate in the state's presidential primary on Tuesday.

How low can Sanders go?

This is what Sanders attorney says:

"This is a huge victory for 17-year-olds across Ohio. Their votes for presidential nominees will now count when they vote on either Tuesday or over the weekend in early voting," Deutch said in a statement.

So a seventeen year old can't be trusted to buy a gun. They can't be trusted to buy a pack of smokes. They can't be trusted to buy a bottle of beer.

But their 'adult' enough to vote!

"This last-minute legislating from the bench on election law has to stop," he said, according to The Associated Press. "Our system cannot give one county court the power to change 30 years of election law for the entire state of Ohio, 23 days into early voting and only four days before an election."

I agree with Husted.

-In Texas, the age to purchase a firearm is 17. There are probably other states, especially for long guns, but it is your claim, so up to you to count them up.

-Federal law: b. Purchase - A person of any age may purchase a LG from a non- licensee (not a gun dealer) who resides in the same State as the purchaser. source

-In many states if you will be 18 on the day of the general election, you can vote in the primaries at 17. I was 17 when I first voted, in the primary election. I was very much interested and involved.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

How can you be ok with that?

Because 20 years from now because of inflation todays wage will be more than what it will be 20 years from now.

That's how it works. Even it there is never an increase.

As time progress's the value of money decreases. Which means it take MORE of it to buy things.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Sorry you had other things to worry about at 17.

Not everyone is you.

I was perfectly capable of voting at 17, so I guess all 17 year olds could.

But then again...not everyone is me

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I was very much interested and involved.

Good for you!

I was too busy working, chasing girls, acting like a normal teenager

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah bagging groceries requires a phd!

LOL.

Just wait until everyone gets a free education!

Imagine the horrors of being in charge of hiring people then?

Word of advice to future college graduates! Stay the hell away from "Human Resources"! Is it just me or does that name alone make a free thinker shudder?
edit on 12-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The law of supply, and demand.

When there is too much of something the 'need' declines. So does it's value. That creates high unemployment, and people in need so great they will take jobs that are less 'worthy' of them.

Not that public education is worth the paper it's printed on now.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Funny to watch you turn this into an attack against Sanders. Here we have a candidate wanting Americans to vote, namely the younger generation who typically never votes, and you try to make it into a negative thing.

Neo is against voting, that what's your op tells me.

Sanders is popular among the young voters so of course he wants them to vote in the primary.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

These days a world of educated people is somehow a horrible thing.

This anti-intellectual push in America is disturbing. In today's America it is now "cool" and "fashionable" to be ignorant and proud of it.

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Sorry you had other things to worry about at 17.

Honestly yeah.

Sex was my biggest concern.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join