It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Rally Trump Attacker Identified - Featured In BLM / ISIS Video!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: EightTF3

It was not private. Anyone could register and did.

Mr. Trump, who was faced with some folks that he was apparently afraid didn't agree with his every word, cancelled and ran like a scalded dog.

I think you need to find out more about the facts of the situation; your posts seem ill-informed.

Yes it is you clueless dick

Anyone can go to a sporting event or theater. I can't go to an opera, stand up in the middle of it and start ranting and raving cause somebody hits a note I don't like. He's rents out a hall, where people come to listen to him. It's a private event even if your to thick to understand that.

Ah ... true colors!

The event was OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. The PUBLIC showed up. Mr. Trump, in the style of most fragile nacisistic bullies didn't like his odds and ran.

Oh, and the name's not Richard friend. It's Gryphon.

So you are too thick to understand what a private event is. I'm done, troll somebody else

Yep, it's that whole "open registration - free to the public" thing that's throwing me I guess.

Obviously it is throwing you. Saying that over and over though doesn't mean you know what you're talking about

Ah ... but "open registration - free to the public" is the actual fact of the matter ... have not you bothered to read anything not found on a wingnut blog regarding this?

Are you saying that tickets were not available online to anyone who wanted to register? Do you understand what "private" actually means?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

They were also expected to stay in their seats and not rush the stage.

Did that happen before or after Mr. Trump cancelled the event?

Trumps a coward. He can't face off with anyone that disagrees with his garbage.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So because they could go means they can also behave however they want when they get there?

I think that's demonstrably false.

link   
a reply to: Signals

I love how trump handled the moment at the moment he hears trouble he turns around to basically take him on himself, then the fellows in black suits turn up
I would not imagine any other candidate acting like that, they would probably run for the hills instantly and throw in their flag.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Mr. Trump, who was faced with some folks that he was apparently afraid didn't agree with his every word, cancelled and ran like a scalded dog.

I think you need to find out more about the facts of the situation; your posts seem ill-informed.

Anyone can go to a sporting event or theater. I can't go to an opera, stand up in the middle of it and start ranting and raving cause somebody hits a note I don't like. He's rents out a hall, where people come to listen to him. It's a private event even if your to thick to understand that.

Ah ... true colors!

The event was OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. The PUBLIC showed up. Mr. Trump, in the style of most fragile nacisistic bullies didn't like his odds and ran.

So you are too thick to understand what a private event is. I'm done, troll somebody else

Yep, it's that whole "open registration - free to the public" thing that's throwing me I guess.

It's not a public forum for discussion.

Which the protesters don't want a discussion anyway.

Just being a troublemaker is enough for them.

Are you claiming that entry into the event was not free and available to anyone who wanted to register?

THERE WAS NO EVENT to DISRUPT! What are you folks missing here?

Trump, like many of his followers, is a coward. He turned tail and ran. He cancelled, and then tried to lie and say the Chicago LEOS told him to.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

They were planning to do it during the event to shut down his speech as he gave it. They were there pretending to be Trump supporters and they got found out along with their plans.

The reason the speech was shut down was because they made sure they had enough of their own in the venue to overwhelm the security present along with the Secret Service. Not only that, with that number of people present and rushing the stage all at once, there was no guarantee that they were in the front rows, so you would have had tramping concerns with actual Trump supporters who might have been between them and the stage, concerns with one or more of the security staff pulling and using a firearm in a packed venue that was chaotic with what could very easily turn into a massive brawl with people getting trampled. Now you could have bullets, and there is the GOP frontrunner in the middle of it all ...

My understanding is that it wasn't as much Trump who called it as it was security because they understood that there was no way to protect him if that all went south.

But, hey, who cares about the risk to life and limb? Right? You only care more about thinking that Trump is a coward.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So because they could go means they can also behave however they want when they get there?

I think that's demonstrably false.

People were upset when Trump cowardly cancelled the event.

Have I said, anywhere, that "people can behave however they want"? If so, quote it.

If not, stop the usual practice of trying to insert your words in place of what others say ...

I have repeated a simple fact here ad infinitum. The "protesters" had as much right to be in the rally as anyone did ... it was "free admission" and according to most reports ... they weren't even checking for tickets at the door.

This was staged. Now Trump can cry "victim" and justify the violence he's incited at every event he's ever had.

However, in November, he'll have to appeal to more than the "true believers" on the GOP fringe.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

They were planning to do it during the event to shut down his speech as he gave it. They were there pretending to be Trump supporters and they got found out along with their plans.

The reason the speech was shut down was because they made sure they had enough of their own in the venue to overwhelm the security present along with the Secret Service. Not only that, with that number of people present and rushing the stage all at once, there was no guarantee that they were in the front rows, so you would have had tramping concerns with actual Trump supporters who might have been between them and the stage, concerns with one or more of the security staff pulling and using a firearm in a packed venue that was chaotic with what could very easily turn into a massive brawl with people getting trampled. Now you could have bullets, and there is the GOP frontrunner in the middle of it all ...

My understanding is that it wasn't as much Trump who called it as it was security because they understood that there was no way to protect him if that all went south.

But, hey, who cares about the risk to life and limb? Right? You only care more about thinking that Trump is a coward.

So ... the protesters were there in sufficient numbers to avoid being kicked and beaten by the Trump faithful? "Roughed up" as it were?

Trump cancelled the event. Trump's own press release states this clearly.

You are right though ... this was a set up. Now Trump can whine and cry about how people are out to get him and shut him down. He is, I would and have been the first to admit, a consummate showman.

I've said all day I don't "approve" of what these folks did in protest ... but I understand it.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ah ... true colors!

Obviously it is throwing you. Saying that over and over though doesn't mean you know what you're talking about

Ah ... but "open registration - free to the public" is the actual fact of the matter ... have not you bothered to read anything not found on a wingnut blog regarding this?

Are you saying that tickets were not available online to anyone who wanted to register? Do you understand what "private" actually means?

Is it the free part that's making your head hurt?

I was going to say check out stubhub and let me know which of those events you could act like a disruptive asshole at. That'll probably continue confusing you though.

Here's another example. Saturday night live or any network TV show filmed in front of a live audience lets you register for free tickets..... Open to the public. What do you think happens if you start acting like an animal or rush the stage? If I got up during a Clay Aiken performance and started yelling homophobic slurs you'd probably cry and I'd deserve to be arrested. Despite having open registration and being free to the public I can't just do whatever I want. If you still don't get it this is hopeless
edit on 12-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Then why cry so hard about them having every right to be there and making distinctions about public and private? It seems to me you think there is some important difference that justifies something about what the disruptors were planning to do in your mind. As they were not planning to do anything other than behave in a manner that was intended to disrupt Trump's speech and prevent it from taking place at all, I will not call the ones inside the venue protestors in any way, shape, or form.

They were disruptive elements, pure and simple. In sense, you could call them terrorist in the sense that they manipulated fear, in this case, the fear of what would could happen if the venue got out of control, to impose their political will on others. That does fit the classic definition of terrorism.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Dude ... if I go online and register for an event, and I get a ticket for it, I have the same right to attend as anyone else who does this.

You don't like the sign I'm carrying or the shirt I have on ... that's your problem.

All the folksy examples in the world do not change this fact.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Wait back up there.

So your telling me Trump critics willingly REGISTERED themselves with a 'fascist' ?

Nooooooooooooooooo.

Surely not!

(post by EightTF3 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Then why cry so hard about them having every right to be there and making distinctions about public and private? It seems to me you think there is some important difference that justifies something about what the disruptors were planning to do in your mind. As they were not planning to do anything other than behave in a manner that was intended to disrupt Trump's speech and prevent it from taking place at all, I will not call the ones inside the venue protestors in any way, shape, or form.

They were disruptive elements, pure and simple. In sense, you could call them terrorist in the sense that they manipulated fear, in this case, the fear of what would could happen if the venue got out of control, to impose their political will on others. That does fit the classic definition of terrorism.

The only ones crying here are Trump supporters. They got their first taste of what the American people actually think and they don't like it. They now want to stomp their feet and get their way and not be confronted with those who don't agree with their idol.

Why are you trying so desperately to muddy the waters regarding the fact that this event WAS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC???

You and others are fallaciously trying to make this about free speech and assembly, but only for the blow-hard you favor.

Or now seem to favor. I had thought you saw through the Trump BS ... I guess it's time for you to climb on the bandwagon too, huh? That's disappointing.

"Terrorism." Tell me what did the protesters blow up? Where were the guns and threats of violence? What were the demands they made and what were the threats they issued?

Yet, you don't think the guy who tells his followers to "rough up" anyone who disagrees with him in these shtshows is a terrorist? He's inciting others on regular occasions to violence. He didn't get the chance last night ... and that gave his overblown ego a little boo-boo.

Bah. This is too disgusting to continue.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Dude ... if I go online and register for an event, and I get a ticket for it, I have the same right to attend as anyone else who does this.

You don't like the sign I'm carrying or the shirt I have on ... that's your problem.

All the folksy examples in the world do not change this fact.

Alright, you're just an idiot. You have a right to attend, that's what your ticket grants you. You do not have a right to disrupt any more than you would if you registered for and received a free ticket to SNL.

LOL ... when did the "disruption" start again?

Check those facts before you start calling names ... or you may find yourself looking into a mirror.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So long as they don't say it where you can hear it ... as long as they don't promote their cause in the public square ... as long as they're not too uppity about it?

You do realize that this is the mentality of the disruptors at Trump's rally's don't you?

He says what they don't like where they can hear it...
Promotes his cause in the public square...
Is too uppity about it...

Pot meet Kettle!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sostratus

So long as they don't say it where you can hear it ... as long as they don't promote their cause in the public square ... as long as they're not too uppity about it?

You do realize that this is the mentality of the disruptors at Trump's rally's don't you?

He says what they don't like where they can hear it...
Promotes his cause in the public square...
Is too uppity about it...

Pot meet Kettle!

Yes, the "I know you are but what am I" argument has been done to death in this thread.

Got anything else? I guess "disruptors" don't have free speech rights either?

You Trump supporters specialize in these categorical names for your opponents ... I just can't wait until you really get honest and start trotting out the age-old "Undesirables" into the narrative.

That will be so much easier shorthand to use.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't favor Trump, but what I saw was a group of people who denied free speech.

The 1st Amendment was put in our constitution to protect speech, specifically political speech above all. Don't you think that when a group creates a situation with the express stated intent of preventing the speaker from speaking at all, that it is anti-free speech?

And I am not talking about Trump, this has been going on across America on college campuses for years now. Speakers, specifically speakers with ideas that are considered controversial or anti-PC, are often prevented from speaking by one means or another. It violated the safe-spaces of the precious snowflakes don't you know. They shouldn't have to be challenged by ideas they don't like. So this happens.

I notice you made no comment about the very same tactics used by one of the very same groups to deny another speaker his free speech rights. It was a demonstration that this is common practice and not confined to Trump. I don't like what you say, so I will do my best to deny your right to say it is the motto of today's zealots.

I stand with the old quote that says, "I may not like what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Clearly, you disagree. You think these disruptive elements had every right to deny a person's right to free speech especially because you don't agree with what he says. Scratch a progressive, find a fascist.

You can call Donald a fascist all you want; sometimes no one recognizes one better than a bird of the same feather.

I dislike Bernie's speech in the extreme, but I'm not wanting this to happen in any of his rallies, even if they register for a free ticket.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don't favor Trump, but what I saw was a group of people who denied free speech.

The 1st Amendment was put in our constitution to protect speech, specifically political speech above all. Don't you think that when a group creates a situation with the express stated intent of preventing the speaker from speaking at all, that it is anti-free speech?

And I am not talking about Trump, this has been going on across America on college campuses for years now. Speakers, specifically speakers with ideas that are considered controversial or anti-PC, are often prevented from speaking by one means or another. It violated the safe-spaces of the precious snowflakes don't you know. They shouldn't have to be challenged by ideas they don't like. So this happens.

I notice you made no comment about the very same tactics used by one of the very same groups to deny another speaker his free speech rights. It was a demonstration that this is common practice and not confined to Trump. I don't like what you say, so I will do my best to deny your right to say it is the motto of today's zealots.

I stand with the old quote that says, "I may not like what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Clearly, you disagree. You think these disruptive elements had every right to deny a person's right to free speech especially because you don't agree with what he says. Scratch a progressive, find a fascist.

You can call Donald a fascist all you want; sometimes no one recognizes one better than a bird of the same feather.

I dislike Bernie's speech in the extreme, but I'm not wanting this to happen in any of his rallies, even if they register for a free ticket.

Trump cancelled the event because he wanted to, the Chicago police department never adviced him to cancel it, so that's just another Trump lie.

Trump could have confronted and engaged in a discussion with the protesters but he's too big of a coward to do that.

The government is not actively trying to silence Trump, so this whole outrage over how his right to free speech was violated is pure baloney and it's a narrative that was insantly manufactured by the right to portray themselves as the victims.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What seems to always get lost in free speech, and any other right for that matter, are that one persons rights end where another persons begins.

Your rights end where mine begin and mine end where yours begin.

Disrupting ones free speech at a rally is not justified under the guise of another ones free speech.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join