It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood actor dies at age 126.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Reece Witherspoon who worked alongside him in the film Legally Blonde made the announcement today.

It seems like we lose a legend every week at the moment.

The actress posted a photograph of the pair posing on set during a break in filming the comedy, in which Witherspoon plays a ditzy blonde who believes she can win back her boyfriend by enrolling at Harvard law school.

"With a sad heart, I have to let all the #LegallyBlonde fans know that Bruiser Woods (also known as Moonie) passed away yesterday," she wrote.

Sky news article
edit on 12/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

wow so the dog was aged 126?

Way to go, ATS such trivialities

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

wow so the dog was aged 126?

Way to go, ATS such trivialities

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

OP...are you legally blond too???

Note...the dog was 18 years old...not 126
edit on 12-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

OP thinks that dog years are a legitimate thing. Got the number wrong though, at best it's 4 years per human year.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

OP thinks that dog years are a legitimate thing. Got the number wrong though, at best it's 4 years per human year.

Correction:
www.calculatorcat.com...

For the first two years, a dog year is equal to 10.5 human years. After that, each dog year equals 4 human years. This calculation is based on studies that indicate dogs, except maybe larger breeds, develop more quickly in the first two years of life.

On the site there is a dog years calculator to human years...so let's give this a go:

Looks like OP is more than way off!

Even if you reversed the calculation from 126 yrs old...that dog would calculate to be 28.3 dog years...that's crazy and I have not heard of a 30yr old dog.
edit on 12-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I was simply going on the standard belief in the UK that it is 7 years per actual year for a dog.

Only ATS would come at this kind of thread with facts, figures and debunking.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Lol.. both R.I.P. and ya had me scratching for a sec.
Thought this was gonna be a William Taft's baby sitter situation. 😄

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My dog likes to eat a premium dog food that's $45.00 for a 30 pound bag. That's like $200.00 in dog money.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Pardon my intrusion but:

Ahhhhhhh.....

Don't mind me while I quietly sit here basking in the beautiful calming serenity of a non-Trump thread.....

Ahhhhhhh, sweet bliss indeed.

Oh, and RIP Bruiser.

He lived a long and happy doggy life.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Good old ATS, that's the beauty of it all. Even in a light hearted, tongue in cheek thread, members are determined to prove someone incorrect. Long may it continue.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I think that dependes on what breed of dog it is and if it is a working dog or a couch potato or not

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My little one is 13 human years so add up how you like...
She will be around for 13 more...

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Only ATS would come at this kind of thread with facts, figures and debunking.

True

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Good old ATS, that's the beauty of it all. Even in a light hearted, tongue in cheek thread, members are determined to prove someone incorrect. Long may it continue.

I was particularly impressed buy the use and link of www.catcalculator.com as a debunking method.

Who can argue with a site of that level of importance and integrity?

I feel both humbled and ashamed.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I think that dependes on what breed of dog it is and if it is a working dog or a couch potato or not

True...now let us take this logic and go here with it:
www.ajdesigner.com...

That being said...again, doesn't work out to 126 years old.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I was particularly impressed buy the use and link of www.catcalculator.com as a debunking method.

I feel ashamed that some of us *cough* still can't spell properly on here....it is "by", as in by the way, and not buy something at the grocery store

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

www.ajdesigner.com...

Dogs are like people in more ways than one , life for a human can be 52 or 86 depending on where they stay in my country

So if you are a Dog who lives with a poor family you are in for a short life

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
the oldest dog I ever knew recently passed away at the ripe old age of 18. Man she was old, and that is like probably top 1% of dog longevity.

I don't consider chihuahuas and toy breeds dogs at all, They are snake food as far as I am concerned. A real dog starts at least 20 pounds.
edit on 3/12/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I feel ashamed that some of us *cough* still can't spell properly on here....it is "by", as in by the way, and not buy something at the grocery store

I am aware of this grammatical fact.

It is a joke thread though and is nearly nine O'clock in the evening on a Saturday night so give me some leeway if you may.

On a grammatical note I would like to ask on the correct use of four full stops as the ending of a sentence and the lack of a space in between said full stops and the next sentence?

I am far from qualified but feel that this may be in itself grammatically incorrect.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

www.ajdesigner.com...

Dogs are like people in more ways than one , life for a human can be 52 or 86 depending on where they stay in my country

So if you are a Dog who lives with a poor family you are in for a short life

Note...these calculations take into consideration normal, healthy living conditions as pets and I am sure statistics that go back in studies of animal life longevity.

That said, if you are poor don't own a pet. Get another job instead.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join