It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Cop Tricks Autistic Student into Selling Him Weed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Expand YOUR mind. You're the one talking about a household, I'm the one talking about limiting speech based on "labels".

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Now this cop had to go through Ca. POST Training (Police Officers Standards and Testing) and would've had this RULE beat into their melon. This not only falls on the cop getting this 17 y.o. to work/rat but this cops Supervisor for approving a CHILD be a tool of the police. This isn't just 'bad form' this is disgraceful..

Yes, I agree. I was just taking another side.

If you have a vulnerable child - - its even more imperative that they be taught to be aware of people taking advantage of them. Autism is not an excuse to break laws to have a friend. Anymore then its OK for a regular teen to do something illegal for a friend.

While I would definitely have fought "tooth and nail" for my kid, I certainly would have also held him responsible for the decision he made.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And I agree that although in this particular case the real 'Victim' isn't the State of Ca. but the kid that got railroaded. Now it would be just as asinine if instead of a 17 y.o. Autistic kid, the Police used a 17 y.o. who was just about to board a plane for a full ride scholarship to Oxford. You don't use kids for crying out LOUD.

.6 of a gram? Are You 'snipping' Me? That wouldn't even spin a 'New Yorker'.. After the Val-Tox™ field test how much was remaining? Oh, You didn't 'Field Test' the grn. leafy substance that had the same properties as cannabis?

Now if this was 'Mexican Ditch Weed' then it is indeed CRIMINAL.

Parent #1) "Geez, what has happened to the youth of today? Back in My day We would drink Coca-Cola and toilet paper houses...

Parent #2) Oh, My 17 y.o. is working U.C. (under cover) for the local cops, He can't count to 10 and doesn't have any friends but I think this just may be the avenue to get Him going...

Pathetic! Absolutely pathetic.

I like the idea of this lazy turd writing parkers out at The Mall before He recruits some "operatives" from the local Middle School....

namaste

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

And I agree that although in this particular case the real 'Victim' isn't the State of Ca. but the kid that got railroaded. Now it would be just as asinine if instead of a 17 y.o. Autistic kid, the Police used a 17 y.o. who was just about to board a plane for a full ride scholarship to Oxford. You don't use kids for crying out LOUD.

There were 25 kids arrested in this sting.

.6 of a gram? Are You 'snipping' Me? That wouldn't even spin a 'New Yorker'.. After the Val-Tox™ field test how much was remaining? Oh, You didn't 'Field Test' the grn. leafy substance that had the same properties as cannabis?

Quantity is not the issue. Buying and selling is the issue. No where is it legal to street buy/sell drugs.

Your parent dialog is too real to be funny. I've heard too many similar dialogs in my life.

My kids are now in their 40s (I'm raising grandkids now). Raised in the Dr. Spock "Your kid is your friend" era. What a load of crap. I am your 'parent', I am not your damn friend!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Quantity is not the issue. Buying and selling is the issue. No where is it legal to street buy/sell drugs.

Did you read link? The kid had to go to a homeless guy on the street to get a little weed how is he selling drugs?

Why not just bust the homeless guy for selling to kids? Because this way he gets 2 dealers in one and gets to railroad some handicapped kid.

Now because he got a joint to smoke with his FRIEND he is a low life felon drug dealer. Getting my friend some weed does not make me a drug dealer.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ilikebooze

Did you read link? The kid had to go to a homeless guy on the street to get a little weed how is he selling drugs?

Why not just bust the homeless guy for selling to kids? Because this way he gets 2 dealers in one and gets to railroad some handicapped kid.

Now because he got a joint to smoke with his FRIEND he is a low life felon drug dealer. Getting my friend some weed does not make me a drug dealer.

Explain how that is not buying and selling.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Really? They didn't arrest the kid for buying weed. They arrested him for selling it. Explain to me how he sold it?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Really? They didn't arrest the kid for buying weed. They arrested him for selling it. Explain to me how he sold it?

The undercover cop gave him money, twice.

Twice he went out and bought weed for the undercover cop.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So he had to go buy weed from someone else? That does not make him a drug dealer. The guy who sold it to him is the drug dealer amiright?

ETA

What kind of weed dealer has to get a half a gram from someone else? That is just ludicrous.
edit on 16-3-2016 by ilikebooze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So he had to go buy weed from someone else? That does not make him a drug dealer. The guy who sold it to him is the drug dealer amiright?

ETA

What kind of weed dealer has to get a half a gram from someone else? That is just ludicrous.

Buy and sell is pretty simple.

You give someone money for a product, they provide you with the product.

Not much more to it then that.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

ETA

Buy and sell is pretty simple.

You give someone money for a product, they provide you with the product.

Not much more to it then that.

Lol. Did he have to go buy weed from someone else or did he break out a bag and weigh it up with a portable digital scale and a tiny ziplock baggie and sell it to him?

Look we cant make drug dealers out of everyone who wants to buy and smoke weed. The fact is without this cop begging him to get him weed he would have never sold anyone any effing weed.

So the cops are just making drug dealers out of our kids and you seem just fine with that.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The fact is without this cop begging him to get him weed he would have never sold anyone any effing weed.

This needs said again.......

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The fact is without this cop begging him to get him weed he would have never sold anyone any effing weed.

So?

Fact is he did.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Most civilized countries call that entrapment.

Matter of fact. IT IS THE VERY DEFINITION! !!!!!!!!!

In criminal law, entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.[1] It is a conduct that is generally discouraged and thus, in many jurisdictions, is a possible defense against criminal liability.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Still think what that cop did was A-OK ANNEE?

edit on 17-3-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Most civilized countries call that entrapment.

Matter of fact. IT IS THE VERY DEFINITION! !!!!!!!!!

In criminal law, entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.[1] It is a conduct that is generally discouraged and thus, in many jurisdictions, is a possible defense against criminal liability.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Still think what that cop did was A-OK ANNEE?

Where have I said what the cop did was OK?

Stings are legal. If they can take it to court and prove otherwise/entrapment, great. But, until entrapment is proven in court - - its not entrapment.

In this particular lawsuit, suing the school, trying to make the school liable - - it was thrown out.

Emotions/opinions don't change laws. The legal system does. If you think a law (or procedure) is unfair, do something about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I really hate it when people say "it's legal" or illegal.

I guess you are fine with runaway slaves being killed back in the day cause you know.....it was legal.

Or how about something closer to home? It was legal for businesses to discriminate against your disabled mother for years. Were you fine with that too cause......legal?

I'm done trying to reason with you if you can't see that being autistic might meen you are more susceptible to being coerced or entrapped.

IMO the kid was entrapped and if I had been on the jury he would walk.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

I really hate it when people say "it's legal" or illegal.

I guess you are fine with runaway slaves being killed back in the day cause you know.....it was legal.

Or how about something closer to home? It was legal for businesses to discriminate against your disabled mother for years. Were you fine with that too cause......legal?

I'm done trying to reason with you if you can't see that being autistic might meen you are more susceptible to being coerced or entrapped.

IMO the kid was entrapped and if I had been on the jury he would walk.

One hundred fifty year throwback - - to make a point?

I can do better then that. When I was a girl it was illegal to wear pants to school.

Society evolves. Always has, always will. My brother was taken to jail for banana skins.

It is not entrapment until it is proven in court.

I get it - - you want things to be your way.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I get it - - you want things to be your way.

Don't we all?

I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one. No sense in this back and forth.

Enjoy St. Patrick's day.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So the cop has no moral compass but he is only following his "mandate". It does seem unfair I guess, I mean because he is autistic and special needs if he got behind a wheel of a car at the instigation of a friend and killed someone the disability would make it a special pleading? Like I said if he's a high school senior albeit "lonely" when is he supposed to acquire a moral compass? When he's 30,40,60? Again I dont condone the cops behaviour but are you suggesting that he get a free pass?

I see that the charge was dismissed by the Judge and he was ordered to resume school. That wasn't enough for the parents but they had to try and get some "pain" money in a civil case. What lesson are his parents showing their kid -

"you didnt really do anything wrong - and now we'll sue and make some bucks"

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

The drug charge against Snodgrass was eventually thrown out and a judge ordered him back to school — not before a scathing indictment of the undercover operation by the judge. “Instead of deception and trying to trick kids into doing bad things, if you actually support them, educate them and nurture them you get results like what happened with Jesse tonight,” said his father. Cruz reports Doug and Catherine have filed a lawsuit against the Temecula Valley School District for expelling their son.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ok so the kid got 6 months probation and will be "marked" for the rest of his life. I wouldn`t call it getting away with it, even more so I think the penalty is harsh.

But what did the cop get? IMMUNITY!!!

Which makes me #ing sick. And even more so it is sending out a message that the system no longer protects the weak but rather monsters...as long as they work for the system it doesn`t really matter right? #ing disgusting

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join