It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Cop Tricks Autistic Student into Selling Him Weed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

They are autists. . . Autists are easilly tricked into working in this illegal busines. . . Because at the end they are the only one who lose. . . Who knows what will happen in the future. He may do it again.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

They are autists. . . Autists are easilly tricked into working in this illegal busines. . . Because at the end they are the only one who lose. . . Who knows what will happen in the future. He may do it again.

I am raising an autistic kid.

Are you?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ilikebooze

Yeah well who does arresting this kid help?

As someone earlier in the thread pointed out, a mistake now helps prevent a bigger mistake later.

He got probation and a learning experience.

Wonder what happened to the other kids? Their parents must be upset too.

So a criminal charge and now in the system over .6 grams of weed which isnt even enough to roll a blunt is helping him?

Are you smoking weed?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Are you?

So that makes you the end all authority? Yes your teenagers will never smoke weed right?
edit on 15-3-2016 by ilikebooze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Are you?

So that makes you the end all authority?

It makes me a person raising an autistic kid.

What about you?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Are you?

People like you are the problem in this country. So ready to lock kids up for nothing.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Are you?

So that makes you the end all authority?

It makes me a person raising an autistic kid.

What about you?

I am just a person who has raised 2 kids and dont want to see any kids locked up over freaking pot.
edit on 15-3-2016 by ilikebooze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Are you?

So you would be ok with an undercover cop befriending your autistic kid and asking him to get him weed?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Are you?

People like you are the problem in this country. So ready to lock kids up for nothing.

Getting a bit dramatic aren't you?

I never said I condoned what happened. But, its something that does happen and its legal.

If you're not going to be locked up for life in some facility, then you are responsible for following the rules/laws of society.

Autism is not an excuse.

edit on 15-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Are you?

So you would be ok with an undercover cop befriending your autistic kid and asking him to get him weed?

Would you be OK with an undercover cop befriending a non-autistic kid and asking him to get him weed?

Should we lock the autistic kid up in some facility for life because he is not responsible enough to follow the rules/laws of society?

My kid has been in socialization/behavior modification classes since he was 2 years old. He takes dance classes where he is free to move, but still has to socialize in a group.

Pro active so he is not ostracized from society. Pro active so he knows he has to make choices in life.

Will he always make the right decision? Probably not. But, I'm sure as hell gonna make sure he's learned the tools to do that.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Are you?

Getting a bit dramatic aren't you?

I never said I condoned what happened. But, its something that does happen and its legal.

If you're not going to be locked up for life in some facility, then you are responsible for following the rules/laws of society.

Autism is not an excuse.

You absolutely condone it you said it will help him lesson learned lol , are you reading what you wrote? This is targeting our children for felony convictions over pot.

That is bad enough right there, but this cop took it one step further and targeted the autistic kid, probably because the other kids could tell he was 24 years old and a new kid .

Again would you be ok with an undercover cop posing as a student at your kids school, befriending your kid, hanging out with him, eating lunch with him, texting him, saying whats up bro and fistbumping him, then saying after a week or 2 do you smoke weed?.... We should get high and go see star-wars , I dont know anyone yet so you think you can get me a little?

So he gets a very tiny amount .6 grams lmao. Bam felony drug charge. Now every time he applies for a job he is a drug dealer.

Yep that helps him.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ilikebooze

I'm not into the pot "scene", stoner culture, whatever. But I don't buy the boogeyman or gateway drug nonsense either.

My bigger problem, and the aside if you will of the OP is the terrifying idea that we are learning (programmed) how to be corralled, like cattle. (TSA, TN road searches, Prom wand guards, Border guards who give crap to CITIZENS, all that crap)

Anytime you see a citizen & a cop get into they ALL say "just settle it in court". Every damn dumb one of 'em.

I'm sorry, but that's BULL#.

In NH for example, you're allowed by LAW, to open carry, period. Cops often, OFTEN, will come over, disarm you, to "talk" to you, and ask you if you're a felon.

IDGAF what ppl say, that is an illegal stop, by THE LETTER OF THE LAW.

We have a generation of ppl willing to give up their rights, in the name of compliance, and you wonder WHY ppl are acting like whiny bitches & cops are taking advantage of this bc of COURSE they know the law, they just don't care bc they don't have to.

This kid is collateral damage in this bs compliance culture. This kinda crap wouldn't have been tolerated 40 years ago, they would've beat this narc's ass. His OWN colleagues would've beat his ass, cause its morally corrupt & bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You absolutely condone it you said it will help him lesson learned lol , are you reading what you wrote? This is targeting our children for felony convictions over pot.

Twist it whatever way you want, we're done.

I will not allow my kid to use Autism as an excuse to do something illegal.

edit on 15-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Are you?

So that makes you the end all authority? Yes your teenagers will never smoke weed right?

I hope this happens to them. Maybe Annee might grow a heart then?
edit on 15-3-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: schadenfreude
Jesse Snodgrass who just happens to be autistic at a local high school.

There are varying degrees of autism.

Did this kid know selling pot is illegal?

Autism is not an excuse to break laws IMO.

it is if you have difficulty understanding that breaking the law is more important than being socially acceptable. obeying the law is not on maslows pyramid, but the drive to be socially acceptable is. this kid spends all day around people who talk about their illegal activities and how much fun it is, then some guy walks up and starts being nice to you, then decides to do some business with you. illegal fun like the kids talk about, and someone wants to do it with YOU. instant ego boost. couple that with the "screw it, i want to do something for me" feeling that you get after being pushed around all day every day and you have a recipe for a socially inept and easily confused civilian to be smooth/fast talked into a dime bag.

i used to be that guy, and made a similar and equally dumb mistake in my youth. dont tell me you have never jaywalked for a pretty girl before. thats about what this amounts to, or should. too bad the war on drugs is still making bank.

Making excuses helps no one.

Especially this kid.

The kid broke a law, I'm not contesting that. But I am contesting the practice of bagging lame pigeons in a duck hunt. There are crack houses and meth labs to raid, those citizens deserve more for their tax money.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ease up, folks. Can't you see that Annee has already passed judgement on this issue? Anything you could say at this point is just an excuse or a malicious twisting of her words. As she has already made clear in almost every post, she has children who have autism. Now, she won't admit this is why she feels like she is qualified to be judge, jury, and executioner on this case, but she's going to make sure to shove it in our faces every chance she gets.

It's become clear that Annee is not interested in having any sort of productful conversation here and is mostly just interested in shutting down anyone with sympathy. We all understand that technically the law is the law, but that's not what this is about and your continuously obstructive posts are disingenuous at best. If I had to guess, Annee is anti-cannabis. And I'll venture another guess that she denies this while making it painfully obvious to anyone who can read between the lines that she is. If her own children read through this thread, they would almost certainly resent her for what she's said here.

Annee is basically Stannis when he chopped off Davos' fingers for smuggling a few bags of onions into the castle when they all would have certainly died without it, except given the context of the situation Annee is probably worse.

Anyone with a shred of humanity in them can see the right and wrong of what happened to this kid. It doesn't require a big debate.

This is my first post on ATS in years. Reading Annee's posts just gave me some motivation I guess.
The community here has really changed. It feels like ATS has been infiltrated in order to stifle conversation amongst those who have seen through the BS of the system.

Oh and P.S: I'm an aspie

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: avp251
Ease up, folks. Can't you see that Annee has already passed judgement on this issue? Anything you could say at this point is just an excuse or a malicious twisting of her words. As she has already made clear in almost every post, she has children who have autism. Now, she won't admit this is why she feels like she is qualified to be judge, jury, and executioner on this case, but she's going to make sure to shove it in our faces every chance she gets.

I've already pointed out that autism fits under a huge umbrella and each case is unique.

So, I'm hardly being authoritarian.

Point is, no child with a dysfunction should be given the right by their parents to think it excuses them from the rules/laws of society. It does not help the child.

If this happened to my child, you can be damn sure I'd pull out every documentation from school and his doctor to take to court. If it keeps him out of jail and from having a record, great.

But, I would still tell my child the choice he made was irresponsible and his fault. I would not allow my child to excuse his choices because of autism.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If I had to guess, Annee is anti-cannabis. And I'll venture another guess that she denies this while making it painfully obvious to anyone who can read between the lines that she is. If her own children read through this thread, they would almost certainly resent her for what she's said here.

No, I'm not. I have medical pot.

When my kids were teens I told them I would bail them out of jail ONCE. Meant it, they knew it, and I kept my word. Had only one small incident when one was taken in for being underage at a party. Never again.

I'm not sure why Personal Responsibility is a dirty word these days.

Oh trust me, my kids have grudgingly told me they should have listened to me more, that I was 99% right on about everything.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Oh and P.S: I'm an aspie

I'm probably some degree of autism myself. Seems to be genetic in my family.

It was rough. Especially considering I grew up in the 50s and it wasn't really recognized yet.

I struggled. Still do in some situations. I am not ignorant to the dysfunction.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
Jesse Snodgrass who just happens to be autistic at a local high school.

There are varying degrees of autism.

Did this kid know selling pot is illegal?

Autism is not an excuse to break laws IMO.

it is if you have difficulty understanding that breaking the law is more important than being socially acceptable. obeying the law is not on maslows pyramid, but the drive to be socially acceptable is. this kid spends all day around people who talk about their illegal activities and how much fun it is, then some guy walks up and starts being nice to you, then decides to do some business with you. illegal fun like the kids talk about, and someone wants to do it with YOU. instant ego boost. couple that with the "screw it, i want to do something for me" feeling that you get after being pushed around all day every day and you have a recipe for a socially inept and easily confused civilian to be smooth/fast talked into a dime bag.

i used to be that guy, and made a similar and equally dumb mistake in my youth. dont tell me you have never jaywalked for a pretty girl before. thats about what this amounts to, or should. too bad the war on drugs is still making bank.

Making excuses helps no one.

Especially this kid.

The kid broke a law, I'm not contesting that. But I am contesting the practice of bagging lame pigeons in a duck hunt. There are crack houses and meth labs to raid, those citizens deserve more for their tax money.

But, it is a legal practice. As I said previously, they did the same thing when I was in school in the 50s (cigarettes, alcohol).

There are a lot of things that don't seem fair. Raising any teenager - - you just hope they make it through to adulthood.

My older grandson who was basically squeaky clean, went to a private Christian school, was never left with anyone but close relatives, etc - - - happened to be sitting in the back seat of a car full of teens. Cops found pot under the front seat. They let everyone in the back seat go. Sometimes you get lucky and a reasonable cop. Sometimes you don't.

Personal responsibility and smart choices is all you got. I would instill that in any kid. The last thing they need is to think they're special and can use it as an out.

The legal system can choose to use it as an excuse, and probably will - - - but, that's different.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join