It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toilet Etiquette

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Hold on, I'm obviously class dunce here. So, what is this religious practice? They stand on the toilet and what? Drop it in from a great height? And they make warning signs for this?

How does one wipe with water? Are they scooping water out of the cistern with their hands or something? Or does it refer to a bidet or summat?

Also, where does this occur? OP's profile says UK, but said information baffles me.

I am genuinely totally oblivious to what this phenomenon is about.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Edit to add, now, some people would rather not use paper to wipe but use water (especially at work) so i am confronted, as i walk into the cubicle, with dirty foot marks on the seat and a flood of water around the bowl where my trousers are going to get soaked if i pull them down .... Grrrrrrrrrrrr, just saying

Good God, please tell me you're talking about the use of a bidet, and it's not that these people are scooping up toilet water and hand-scrubbing their feces-laden budinskis. The way you worded that doesn't strike me as a proper bidet. Either way, I can empathize with this gripe (as for the rest, I'll let fly anything necessary in a public restroom, with no shame lol.)

I work at a small place. Two single toilet, private bathrooms for each sex. Unfortunately, a lot of the adult males where I work have not been potty trained, at least, not to US standards. (Not talking Mexico, they're from a place where they never saw a flush toilet before coming here.) List of gripes:

Urine covering the sit-seat every time I go in there.

Urine all over the floor surrounding the toilet (not overspray, it's as if they're walking in DO and letting the stream fly as they're walking in. This of course means it's on all of our shoes, floors & carpet as well. It also means pants wet with others' piss if I don't first clean their pee. I poop 3x/day at work, so this really sucks.

Poop-smell: we have 2 switches, one for the light, one for the barely-effective fan. Guess which one these geniuses leave on when they're done? Yep, the light.

I also question why the company chooses the 80-grit sandpaper for the TP, and why my breath blows harder than the "hand drier." There's no paper towels, so this means one of two things: either people are touching the door handle on their way out with poohands™, or they're washing their hands and touching the door handle with wet hands, this amplifying the handle#™.

Now I bring paper towels and cleaning wipes in with me. If I ever win a big lotto, I'm pooping on the floor on my last day.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

A tad more intense that what most of us naturally feel at such times. Now that you've fingered the problem, start working on a gentle solution that comes out in the end to your favor.

Was this meant to be defacation innuendo? Because if so, it was great, and hilarious!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Whoa... I work with mostly girls thank god haha.

A do not envy you.

Lol at the above post. I was going to talk about this becoming a hot topic and finish my jokes by saying I was just letting off some steam but I lost the plot or nerve to proceed.
a reply to: dogstar23

edit on 12-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: the owlbear

Hold on, I'm obviously class dunce here. So, what is this religious practice? They stand on the toilet and what? Drop it in from a great height? And they make warning signs for this?

How does one wipe with water? Are they scooping water out of the cistern with their hands or something? Or does it refer to a bidet or summat?

Also, where does this occur? OP's profile says UK, but said information baffles me.

I am genuinely totally oblivious to what this phenomenon is about.

I dunno about the religious implications really...I just know many places that have a lot of say, People of south Asian descent have signs in the restrooms saying not to squatty on the potty. Seats break off and lawsuits occur, I guess. But a cursory Google search will show you why people of this region do it. There is just a hole in the floor to aim for. That's it.

link   

I cannot believe you have never broken wind in front of your Mrs. How do you feel about burping?

I couldn't be bothered with the forethought required and in my opinion, fannying about.

Get it done. We all do it, if it is a pee the door stays open at home. I'm in terms bath and NS wants a pee he comes right in. I know this isn't easily done for some people.

is the bloke equivalent of waking up half an hour bore your lover to put foundation and lippy on before he wakes?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I call that stuff John Wayne toilet paper...
It doesn't take s# from Indians...

(Yes, I am one of those rare unicorns of native descent)

link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
I cannot believe you have never broken wind in front of your Mrs.

Nothing says true love like a Dutch Oven.

link   

Talk to a bariatric surgical patient post op over 5 years. They taught me about the "courtesy" flush and the pre-poo deodorizer you drop into the bowl before first splashdown.

As for myself, I was exactly like you. Then I hit 50 (years ago) and gave myself permission to let nature doo, pun intended, as nature does. I go whenever I need to, and say "excuse me" if I get noisy.

We all flush for the same reasons, and we all "whistle" while we work.

Good luck with your future movements!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

A reply to Slownail and dogstar

Not a religious rant but just to clarify, In my neck of the woods, UK, we have immigrants, who doesn't these days?

Practice in their countries is to "#" in a hole in the floor, must be a bloody good bomb aimer! No paper available in said countries, not for wiping arse's anyway!

The practice from their countries has been migrated to the UK, they will still stand, albeit slightly elevated by about 18 inches, hence leaving footprints on a plastic seat and wash their ass, using a plastic bottle filled with water, and their LEFT hand.

Do they clean up? never

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, just ask my EX-wife...
She was the one who Dutch ovened me.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I cannot believe you have never broken wind in front of your Mrs. How do you feel about burping?

I couldn't be bothered with the forethought required and in my opinion, fannying about.

Get it done. We all do it, if it is a pee the door stays open at home. I'm in terms bath and NS wants a pee he comes right in. I know this isn't easily done for some people.

is the bloke equivalent of waking up half an hour bore your lover to put foundation and lippy on before he wakes?

A burp is fine, and also pee-ing as she sits down to do it, its the wipe at the end i cant stand LOL .. wtf? what a waste of tissue, do you really have to do that?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

PM me Dutch Oven ....... i may like it LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This will sound so arogant but I wished the etiquette was completely obvious to everyone as I am not interested in other people's crap

Yet you know there is always that guy so everything turns into one big pile of mess

And you know how imperative it is that you make sure you took proper care with that bum of urs
Would be much easier if you didn't have to think about 100 others

I just realised I am slow cause I am typing all of this using one finger
edit on 12-3-2016 by 2mangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2mangle
This will sound so arogant but I wished the etiquette was completely obvious to everyone as I am not interested in other people's crap

Yet you know there is always that guy so everything turns into one big pile of mess

And you know how imperative it is that you make sure you took proper care with that bum of urs

At least you are clean

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Ah, the problems of youth.

When you gotta go, you gotta go. In time, when you line up with a urinal, you may just RIP one before you go. All a part of aging.

Just giggle and own it.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

PM me Dutch Oven ....... i may like it LOL

Urban dictionary, mate.
And as for liking it, to each there own. I have a thing for tight shiny things on the new Ms. Owlbear. Huffing farts under a blanket, not so much.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnororiginally posted by: 2mangle

At least you are clean

Like this?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

A burp is fine, and also pee-ing as she sits down to do it, its the wipe at the end i cant stand LOL .. wtf? what a waste of tissue, do you really have to do that?

Yes they do have to do it. or at least mine does, I wash the knickers.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

A reply to Slownail and dogstar

Not a religious rant but just to clarify, In my neck of the woods, UK, we have immigrants, who doesn't these days?

Practice in their countries is to "#" in a hole in the floor, must be a bloody good bomb aimer! No paper available in said countries, not for wiping arse's anyway!

The practice from their countries has been migrated to the UK, they will still stand, albeit slightly elevated by about 18 inches, hence leaving footprints on a plastic seat and wash their ass, using a plastic bottle filled with water, and their LEFT hand.

Do they clean up? never

Lol you know at my uni we had to have this massive lecture

Now each door has a massive poster

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join