It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump faces backlash after calling Tiananmen Square protest a 'riot'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Spider879
I have read every single article you linked. Nowhere did Trump "double down" on China. The fact is , he doesnt even mention anything about Beijing or the revolt there . The only time it is mentioned is by the article writers themselves referring back to the same old tired statement you keep speaking of in 1989-1990 . I am very much disappointed in your post , as I thought you might have came up with some new stuff. Disappointed , but not surprised.

But I also thought you may have been speaking of the tariffs and taxes on Chinese goods that Trump has spoken of. To try and balance the trade inequality between the two countries. I might have considered that as more of a challenge.But , of course , that would have meant you would have been slightly off-topic on your own thread. After all, it is about Trump ,"riot" and Beijing , yes ?

The thread title is a dead give away as what this thread was all about, as far as trade and policy goes , saying China China China!! is not policy it's a chant.
and yes he was asked about his previous statement on Tiananmen Square and he doubled down by saying that the thuggish Chinese officials showed strength in their massacre, the original interview was done by Playboy mag 1987.

edit on 12-3-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: sprtpilot
Trump "backlash" always = higher poll numbers. Rightly so.

So did Hitler and Mussolini's for the people loved them so.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I keep on thinking Trump is going to dig a hole he can't climb out of. He says things that really concerns me, and then he never takes responsibility for saying them. Trump supporters have to stop making excuses for this guy! None of them hold him responsible for saying some outrageous remarks. If he was an established candidate saying these things, he would be crucified!

Donald has said some things I feel the established candidate wouldn't dare say, such as Bush lied about the reason for going into Iraq. Instead of backtracking on it when the establishment put pressure on him, he should of stood his ground. The same thing surrounding 9/11. Unfortunately, his crazy remarks about America engaging in torture, punching a protester, etc... really prevents other voters from supporting him.

I love the idea of a non-establishment candidate. Except...

-Not someone who is a billionaire and part of the very same corporate elite who has engaged in buying out our elected officials.

-Not someone who can't relate to the average American who is struggling everyday to keep their head above water.

-Not someone who clearly doesn't research the issues before addressing them, which makes them come across as being less than intelligent.

-Not someone who has been caught in blatant lies or says something outrageous and doesn't take responsibility for it.

-Not someone who backs-off when he's pressured on issues that are being ignored and denied by the establishment.
(Isn't that what we want a non-establishment candidate to do?)

-Not someone who is willing to accept an endorsement, and praise an incompetent politician, quitter and publicity whore like Sarah Palin.

-Not someone who has a temperament like a 5 year-old, engages in bullying, name calling and threatens them with law suits when criticized.

-Not someone who is clearly a narcissist with a huge obnoxious ego maniac.

-Not someone who speaks out against sending manufacturing jobs overseas, when some of his own products are manufactured in China.

-Not someone who attacks illegals and than employs them at his real estate construction sites.

But hey, if you like these attributes go for it! I just wish there was someone who was much more intelligent and professional running in his place. I just don't think when it comes down to the general election and the one-on-one debates, the majority of voters will eventually declare Donald Trump the loser.

If not, God help us all!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I guess people forgot about what that was all about.

People standing up to a COMMUNIST REGIME.

As far as I am concerned Trump is that guy immortalized standing in front of that tank.

Cannon volly to the left of him.

Cannon volly to the right on him.

He's still standing from the commie onslaught.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I guess people forgot about what that was all about.

People standing up to a COMMUNIST REGIME.

As far as I am concerned Trump is that guy immortalized standing in front of that tank.

No he simply admires bullies whose tactics he misconstrues as strength, be they commies, an autocrat like Putin or even ISIS, so no! he in not the guy in front of the tank, he is the guy driving the tank.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join