It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Video Of UFO Traveling Well Above Supersonic Speeds!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: darknessdelmundo
People here have made up there mind about UFO videos . All UFO vids are attack, are immediately deemed something mundane when the truth is we don't know what it is. I remember when this was an open minded forum where people would investigate and try to learn more about something before instantly saying its a bug, a plane or swamp gas or drone. I've given up on this forum. Ats is no longer a place to deny ignorance and give things a open minded discussion . It's just become a place for debunkers .

I don't know, I've seen a couple things that I could not identify readily as a bug, plane, or swamp gas. I've also had my eyes fooled by circumstances when even I should have known better, so that also happens.

This though, is a bug...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: darknessdelmundo

All UFO vids are attack, are immediately deemed something mundane when the truth is we don't know what it is.

You may not know what it is but I've seen Bugfo videos before , they're always spotted after the fact because they are small.

Ats is no longer a place to deny ignorance and give things a open minded discussion . It's just become a place for debunkers

How can you have an open minded discussion without both sides of the argument ?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

People here have made up there mind about UFO videos . All UFO vids are attack, are immediately deemed something mundane when the truth is we don't know what it is. I remember when this was an open minded forum where people would investigate and try to learn more about something before instantly saying its a bug, a plane or swamp gas or drone. I've given up on this forum. Ats is no longer a place to deny ignorance and give things a open minded discussion . It's just become a place for debunkers .

Don't be dismayed by those who mock and get personal, if you read the post you will see that some members have made an effort... Just take a mental note of who they are, If any alleged UFO had any credibility at all then ATS would find it.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an

Don't be dismayed by those who mock and get personal, if you read the post you will see that some members have made an effort... Just take a mental note of who they are, If any alleged UFO had any credibility at all then ATS would find it.

Yes. You COULD do that. Or you could try not posting rubbish ufo videos that invite mocking...i.e: 99% of them

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Yes. You COULD do that. Or you could try not posting rubbish ufo videos that invite mocking...i.e: 99% of them

People can post what they like... I don't think: inviting mocking, comes from anyone with integrity and I'm sure it's not integral to ATS policy either.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
In the enlargements it looks like a structured craft.
edit on 13-3-2016 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

People can post what they like... I don't think: inviting mocking, comes from anyone with integrity and I'm sure it's not integral to ATS policy either.

If someone posts a video of a bug while claiming it's a supersonic UFO and won't listen to reason. ..im mocking them. Why should I not.

You don't want people to mock?..dont post silly things. Simple eh?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If someone posts a video of a bug while claiming it's a supersonic UFO and won't listen to reason. ..im mocking them. Why should I not.

You don't want people to mock?..dont post silly things. Simple eh?

People can mock if they want to, that's the "simple" part.

I'm not selling anti-mock T-shirts lol...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: darknessdelmundo

It's not as simple as that if you post a video/image then many members with expertise in that field will comment. When you know how optics work you can look for clues into an image/video to determine what you are most likely looking at.

If someone does find the real deal that's how it will be proved.

edit on 13-3-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: PrimeAutobot
Please tell us the exact math you have calculated .I am waiting.

You are the one claiming it is supersonic, please show the maths you used to calculate that.
We are all waiting....

I ran some tests with my new software. It calculates distance, speed and time. I have come to two possible conclusions. It is a craft 700 feet long, at 46 miles away travelling at 76000 miles per hour.

Or a bee, 7 feet away travelling at 24 miles per hour.
edit on 13-3-2016 by deanNS because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's funny because the OP, and everyone else, can all be correct.

If the object is about 60 feet wide, then it must be far off in the background, and travelling supersonic speeds.
If the object is the size of a normal house fly, then it must be in the foreground, flying at normal insect speeds.

Both can be correct. It's just a matter of what you think is possible or not...

I would aim towards it being a common insect though. One does not fly super sonic speeds that low in the atmosphere where the air is thick and not create a sonic boom, nor create any vapor trails from the huge air pressure increase condensing water vapor. You can claim it is some alien technology allowing it, but then you go way off the deep end.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
By the way you don't need any special software to measure how fast the object is moving... You can just measure the speed it is moving based on various size assumptions.

Lets assume the object is 0.3 inches long (common house fly size), and lets assume it is 173 inches long (about the size of a family car), and also lets assume it is 231 feet long (size of a 747 jet).

Now use the object itself as a measuring device. Count how many body lengths the object traveled:

Here I copied the object from one frame, and pasted it end-to-end across the entire view. We can see that its about 111 body lengths across.

If the object is 0.3 inches long, it traveled 33.3 inches.
If the object is 173 inches long, it traveled 1600.25 feet.
If the object is 231 feet long, it traveled 4.85 miles.

Now, I don't have a proper time stamp on the video, nor do I care to rip the video and load it into a video editor to get one, so I can't get an exact measurement of how long it took the object to pass the view, but I would say it is roughly 500 milliseconds (half a second). So now we can measure how fast the object was moving...

(bug size) 33.3 inches per 500 milliseconds = 3.78 MPH
(car size) 1600.23 feet per 500 milliseconds = 2182 MPH
(747 size) 4.85 miles per 500 milliseconds = 34,920 MPH

Knowing that the object took about 500 milliseconds to travel 111 body lengths, you can do the math for any body length to get the approximate speed...

Using this, it is easy to see that if the object was about the size of a common housefly (0.3 inches long) it was only flying about 3.78 Miles Per Hour across the view of the camera. Which is about right since the average speed of a housefly is 5 MPH.

edit on 13-3-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
By the way you don't need any special software to measure how fast the object is moving... You can just measure the speed it is moving based on various size assumptions.

Knowing that the object took about 500 milliseconds to travel 111 body lengths, you can do the math for any body length to get the approximate speed...

Using this, it is easy to see that if the object was about the size of a common housefly (0.3 inches long) it was only flying about 3.78 Miles Per Hour across the view of the camera. Which is about right since the average speed of a housefly is 5 MPH.

Very awesome! I wish I could give you multiple stars.

Thank you for proving that it's a UFO going at supersonic speeds

KIDDING! But that someone would lean towards a huge object going that fast, versus a bug, seems unreal.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

..... But that someone would lean towards a huge object going that fast, versus a bug, seems unreal.

Come on man, you've been on ATS for 4 years, you should be used to this "logic" by now.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I have come to two possible conclusions. It is a craft 700 feet long, at 46 miles away travelling at 76000 miles per hour.

I hate Occam's Razor, i think its lazy science, but in this case, taking your computer evidence into account, I think we have to go with the most likely culprit being a bee, unless of course there are extra witnesses and or radar confirmation which would warrant further investigation. Is there a NUFORC or MUFON report? there's just not enough to go on with this one, and I'm unwilling to use "faith" or "believe". When our science is sufficiently advanced, I suspect quantum physics, rather than interstellar travelers, may hold the answer to many mysteries.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordSnow21

I have come to two possible conclusions. It is a craft 700 feet long, at 46 miles away travelling at 76000 miles per hour.

I hate Occam's Razor, i think its lazy science,

Not to be a d*ck or anything, but Occam's Razor isn't really a scientific method.

But i get what you are saying

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Not to be a d*ck or anything, but Occam's Razor isn't really a scientific method.

yeah, i know
thats why i went with "most likely" the culprit rather that "it is". with more evidence i'd be happy to give it further consideration. If we want to take this subject seriously, then scientifically i think we have to leave this one where it is for now, an inconclusive video that probably features an out of focus common critter. I dont suspect its a manufactured CGI hoax. i understand that its fun and entertaining to wildly speculate but without evidence it's probably wasted thought and frankly makes us all look like we're missing a marble or two.
edit on 13-3-2016 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2016 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

...its just wasted thought and frankly makes us all look like we're missing a marble or two.

There is a reason why my wife doesnt know my ATS screen name....

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014
If she reads ATS, she's guessed it.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 3danimator2014
If she reads ATS, she's guessed it.

No, she thinks im a office manager.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>