It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of UFO Traveling Well Above Supersonic Speeds!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrimeAutobot

originally posted by: TerryDon79

a reply to: PrimeAutobot

screenshot of the bug from the video

picture of bug from google

I kind of see a lot of similarities.

Really? Lol That looks nothing like your insect.You people are really grasping at straws to explain this away.

Says the person who sees a video on the dailystar saying it's a ufo?

You don't know the distance from the camera for a start.
You can't conclusively say it is not a bug (as you can clearly see what looks like a wing).
Your guess of the speed is what the website is saying and not done by any calculation you have done yourself.

Yet I'm the one grasping at straws?

I have an idea contact the uploader his credits are on the website.

So he can tell me his video of a BUG is a ufo as well?

There's already plenty of headcases out there that think normal objects are ufos. I don't need another one to tell me the same story.

See? Cognitive dissonance ...If something doesn't fit call his or her paradignn call it a bug and the person taking the video a nut.

I suppose when Colombus sailed you would be one of the many claiming that he would fall off the earth?

Strawman much?

Of course the guys a nut. He thinks he saw a ufo when he obviously saw a bug. If I was to throw my kettle out the window and film it, it would still be a kettle, not some amazing, mega-shifting, shape-defying ufo.

Show me a bug doing the same thing in this video and I will call myself a nut.
If you cannot then admit defeat and call yourself a nut for thinking it's a bug.

You've already been showed videos and gifs of bugs doing close to what is done in that video.

Just because you don't want it to be a bug, doesn't mean it isn't a bug.

A gif is not a video last I checked..Also the bug in that video does not move across the whole frame.

I can say the same thing to you.Just because you want it to be a bug doesn't mean it's a bug.

A video is a series of still frames played one after another.
A .gif is a series of still frames played one after another (unless you have a still image .gif).

Therefore the .gif is as good as the video.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

It has already been shown....

Really in what dimension?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Really? Lol That looks nothing like your insect.You people are really grasping at straws to explain this away.

You can't conclusively say it is not a bug (as you can clearly see what looks like a wing).
Your guess of the speed is what the website is saying and not done by any calculation you have done yourself.

There's already plenty of headcases out there that think normal objects are ufos. I don't need another one to tell me the same story.

See? Cognitive dissonance ...If something doesn't fit call his or her paradignn call it a bug and the person taking the video a nut.

I suppose when Colombus sailed you would be one of the many claiming that he would fall off the earth?

Strawman much?

Of course the guys a nut. He thinks he saw a ufo when he obviously saw a bug. If I was to throw my kettle out the window and film it, it would still be a kettle, not some amazing, mega-shifting, shape-defying ufo.

If you cannot then admit defeat and call yourself a nut for thinking it's a bug.

You've already been showed videos and gifs of bugs doing close to what is done in that video.

A gif is not a video last I checked..Also the bug in that video does not move across the whole frame.

I can say the same thing to you.Just because you want it to be a bug doesn't mean it's a bug.

A .gif is a series of still frames played one after another (unless you have a still image .gif).

Wow a .gif is as good as a video? What planet are you on?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Strawman much?

Wow a .gif is as good as a video? What planet are you on?

You do know that you can convert .gif images to video and video to .gif?
Both are a series of images played one after another. I can make a .gif of the video of that bug you showed from dailystar. Does that mean the .gif is no good?

link   

Just because you want it to be a bug doesn't mean it's a bug.

You're right. It's the fact that it's obviously a bug, that means it's a bug.

link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Wow a silver bird/bug traveling so fast that it only makes it in a few frames? Really?

You can't tell the distance, hence, you have NO idea of the speed.

A bug up close.

I can clearly see the distance of the object.And it is in the background behind the building up high in the sky.If you want to keep thinking it's a bug that's ok...The earth is also flat and the center of the universe.

There doesn't appear to be anything establishing distance in the op. Nothing to really tell you where the object is in relation to the camera.

link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The object skips frame to frame because it is moving at such a high rate of speed.Like the propellers in the video.

So the propellers are moving at super-sonic speed as well?

Propellers move well over 2000 revolutions per minute.

And at what speed is the bug....sorry....I mean ufo, moving?

Nice try with the bait lol

It's an honest question. If you know for a fact that it's a ufo then you would know how fast it's going. The only problem is is you can't. Why? Because to know the speed you need to know a few things.

How long it took to go from point A to point B.
How far it travelled and how far from the camera it is. Hmm, do you know the answer to that?

Common sense tells me the object in question is supersonic.Its behind the building and high in the sky traveling much faster than any supersonic jet I have ever seen.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The object skips frame to frame because it is moving at such a high rate of speed.Like the propellers in the video.

That doesn't tell you much about speed, though. I think you're demonstrating my point.

link   

Wow a silver bird/bug traveling so fast that it only makes it in a few frames? Really?

A bug up close.

I can clearly see the distance of the object.And it is in the background behind the building up high in the sky.If you want to keep thinking it's a bug that's ok...The earth is also flat and the center of the universe.

There doesn't appear to be anything establishing distance in the op. Nothing to really tell you where the object is in relation to the camera.

I can tell the object is in the background.At the same time you can't say for sure the object is right in front of the lens.

A challenge for you bedlam,show me a similar video of a big traveling across the screen at the same rate of speed and we can put this to rest.

link   

It's an honest question. If you know for a fact that it's a ufo then you would know how fast it's going. The only problem is is you can't. Why? Because to know the speed you need to know a few things.

How far it travelled and how far from the camera it is. Hmm, do you know the answer to that?

Common sense tells me the object in question is supersonic.Its behind the building and high in the sky traveling much faster than any supersonic jet I have ever seen.

So what is it's speed?

If you know distance traveled, distance from camera, time taken to travel a set distance (which you can calculate if you know the distance and height of the object) then you should be able to tell us how fast this thing is going.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

That doesn't tell you much about speed, though. I think you're demonstrating my point.

I don't see how..The reason I made that point was to show that the frame rate doesn't keep up with the propeller either.

link   

Common sense tells me the object in question is supersonic.

Obvious troll is obvious.

link   

A bug up close.

I can tell the object is in the background.At the same time you can't say for sure the object is right in front of the lens.

A challenge for you bedlam,show me a similar video of a big traveling across the screen at the same rate of speed and we can put this to rest.

You can't TELL the speed. That's my point. If you have NO idea of the distance from the lens, and the angle of the lens, you CANNOT determine the speed.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

So what is it's speed?

If you know distance traveled, distance from camera, time taken to travel a set distance (which you can calculate if you know the distance and height of the object) then you should be able to tell us how fast this thing is going.

Lol in order to know if the exact speed I would have to know the exact distant which is impossible. You know that's the case so you ask for an unattainable thing ..

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

So what is it's speed?

Lol in order to know if the exact speed I would have to know the exact distant which is impossible. You know that's the case so you ask for an unattainable thing ..

So if you don't know the exact distance how do you know it's travelling super sonic?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I don't see how..The reason I made that point was to show that the frame rate doesn't keep up with the propeller either.

RPM is not a speed. It's a rotational rate. You can't tell anything about a 'speed' unless you specify a spot on the prop and know the distance from the center.

The object in the video doesn't have a speed you can determine, unless you know the distance from the lens and the angle that the lens covers.

It's a similar issue. You're seeing something and making a visual assumption.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

A bug up close.

You can't TELL the speed. That's my point. If you have NO idea of the distance from the lens, and the angle of the lens, you CANNOT determine the speed.

Bedlam, a freaking monkey can see that the object is in the background high in the sky...For it to travel across the whole frame it would have to be supersonic

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

A bug up close.

Bedlam, a freaking monkey can see that the object is in the background high in the sky...For it to travel across the whole frame it would have to be supersonic

No. A monkey would probably try catching it and eating it.

That's what monkeys do to bugs.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

For it to travel across the whole frame it would have to be supersonic

Or close to the camera....

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

A bug up close.

You really can't - are we watching the same video? The one in the OP? It never seems to cross over anything that would be a giveaway to relative distance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join