It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of UFO Traveling Well Above Supersonic Speeds!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

And...
She doesn't read ATS.
edit on 3/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 3danimator2014

And...
She doesn't read ATS.

Yes, and apparently she doesn't really enjoy hearing about things i read here either...women eh?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

And THAT'S how you do that.

Good job.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Clearly this is very tiny aliens in a very tiny UFO designed to look like a bug. They have come to earth in search of Ginger Snaps.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PrimeAutobot

How did you work out the distance in the background?

Just tell us how it is you know all these things.

Do you have another source that confirms this video?

Those are very reasonable questions. Convince me.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant

In the enlargements you can also see what look suspiciously like wings, first on top, then at the bottom of the object.

But as I said above...

Convince me otherwise.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't need any maths. It was publicised by the Daily Star.

That's tantamount to Scott Waring saying it's definitely a UFO.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrimeAutobot

Common sense tells me the object in question is supersonic.Its behind the building and high in the sky traveling much faster than any supersonic jet I have ever seen.

All you can tell from that video is that the object was somewhere between the camera lens and the sky in the background. Sure -- it could have been far in the background, but there is no reason to say that it could not have been somewhere in the foreground close to the camera.

I really don't get how you are saying it is clearly in the background.

Let's look at this scenario (below). In this graphic, the bug could fly close to the camera, but from the point of view of the camera, it would be seen against the sky in the background:

Put your thumb in front of your face and block out the Sun with it. From your eyes' point of view, your thumb looks to be up in the sky near the Sun...but you know it isn't really. This object could be a bug that is just like your thumb in that example.

edit on 3/14/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordSnow21

I have come to two possible conclusions. It is a craft 700 feet long, at 46 miles away travelling at 76000 miles per hour.

Or a bee, 7 feet away travelling at 24 miles per hour.

I hate Occam's Razor, i think its lazy science, but in this case, taking your computer evidence into account, I think we have to go with the most likely culprit being a bee, unless of course there are extra witnesses and or radar confirmation which would warrant further investigation. Is there a NUFORC or MUFON report? there's just not enough to go on with this one, and I'm unwilling to use "faith" or "believe". When our science is sufficiently advanced, I suspect quantum physics, rather than interstellar travelers, may hold the answer to many mysteries.

Oh I was just poking fun, not at any poster, but at the possibilities. We have no way of knowing what it was, but to me it looks like a bug, or to be more precise on what I see, a bee. I am probably wrong, but it looks like a bee to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Nice post!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Interesting.....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
OP, please don't take this post as a personal attack. I give you my word that it's not. I just want to explain how I feel about this type of post. It's sometimes difficult to make a post like this without it seeming harsh, so please forgive me in advance.

To me, it looks like a bug. C'mon, man. I don't know you, so I don't know anything about your familiarity with the subject of "UFO" videos. I do know that MANY of the above posters, including myself (with humility), ARE familiar with the subject. Like REALLY, REALLY familiar with it. Many of them have seen hundreds, if not thousands, of videos like this, and devoured every book, writing, post, or video that we can get access to. It's why we come here. ATS is one of the great wells of information. A lot of these guys, and girls, REALLY know this subject.

I can't speak for any of the other members here, but I can try to explain to you (the OP) why I believe you are getting a lot of negative responses.

To a LOT of normal folks, the concept of ETs, UFOs, "Other" life, etc. presents the ultimate question. THE ultimate question. Many of the members here, including myself, have an almost overwhelming desire for the answer to the question. I am SO disgusted and frankly pissed off that said question hasn't been answered with 100% certainty.

I became (obsessed?
) for those answers at a young age, probably around 10 years old, in the mid 1970s (Yeah, I'm 50 years old), when I checked out a book on the subject (Kehoe's book, I think, but I could be wrong) from the "Bookmobile" that many years ago frequented these parts.(I know, look it up if you don't know what a "bookmobile" is, haha). My Grandfather owned a small rural or "Country" store, so the bookmobile driver used his parking lot because of the customer traffic in and out.

Then came Spielberg's Close Encounters, and lots of other movies, and I was hooked. Then, in the summer of 1983, I acquired a C64, and later, a modem.

I became a BBS sysop by the mid 1980s, first for a short time on the C64, then on a 80386 PC clone with the wonder of all wonders, a Us Robotics 9600 baud HST modem, and discovered Fido-net, Usenet, and other discussion forums like it, and mirrored some of the discussion forums. Then I started reading those discussion groups, found out about names like Lazar, Friedman, Keyhoe, Betty and Barney Hill, the abduction phenomenon, Streiber, Bud Hopkins, Kevin Randell, Roswell, and many, many others.

Of course, even to people who had what now could jokingly be considered an "online presence", the Internet was not easily accessible in the beginning, unless you were in college. The web was years away anyway, and to me, at my age, it was a treasure trove of information that only drove the desire for answers to higher and higher levels. The amount of information available, although minuscule by today's standards, was absolutely astonishing to a 15-20 year old kid.

Then, by the late 1990s, a lot of people, myself included, REALLY HONESTLY believed that those answers were about to be answered. Every day I would think "Today might be the day!". It was all gonna come out. Yep... Any day now.

Then the internet exploded, and honestly, information almost became cheap. So we all KNEW, WITHOUT A DOUBT that answers were JUST around the corner. Yep... Surely couldn't be longer than 6 months. Any day now...

Yep... We're about to get those answers. Any day now...

The world was changing at an incredible rate. Things that were unthinkable only a few years earlier, were actually happening.

Yep... Right around the corner. I mean, the FRAKKING BERLIN WALL came down. East and West Germany no longer existed... Yep... Any day now... The Soviet Union fell! Oh, we're on the verge of the truth now!

Then came Hoagland. Started off interesting, then BOOM. Ding, ding, ding! He goes full blown nutjob...Yep... Almost there...Any day now...

Then the Phoenix Light incident happened. Yep. Any day now...

Then Greer starts the "Disclosure project". A freaking LOT of people come forward, especially ex-military personnel, calling for congressional hearings, and a real investigation into all this. Greer. Greer. Yep... Any day now.

Greer. Wow. To have started off the way he did, and seemingly making honest-to-God real progress the like of which had not been previously seen, and then to fumble the ball and go full metal jacket NUTJOB. Look up "Nutjob" in Webster's dictionary. There HAS to be a picture of Greer.

Fast-forward to 2016. And now, the world seems to be racing toward the edge of a cliff at breakneck speed, and we still don't have anything even RESEMBLING a concrete answer, and speaking for myself and probably many others, we are pretty pissed off, and really frustrated, because 35 years ago, I would have pretty much bet everything I had that we would have had those answers LONG ago.

You see, when a member posts a thread entitled "Video of UFO Traveling at Supersonic Speeds!", even though because of all the hoaxes, CGI, videos of birds, bugs, planets, ice crystals, and every other kind of absolute and complete BULL# that has been posted in the past, and from previous experience ALREADY KNOW that it's going to be the same bull#, there is that tiny voice in the back of our brains that says maybe, just maybe this is gonna be the one, and that tiniest inkling of excitement manifests itself, we watch the video...

And it's the same bug, bird, planet, cloud, RC helicopter, airplane, ice crystal bull# that it always is.

I still hang onto a perhaps foolish belief that we are gonna get those answers, but I'm sorry my friend, this ain't it. But I'll throw you an "A" for the effort. Keep on looking, my friend. Please! Stay with it. We'll get there. It's just around the corner...

Yep. Any day now...

So, my ATS extraterrestrial truth-seeking friends, does that about sum it up? How do YOU feel about still having such a bottomless slime-pit of uncertainly? I CAN'T be the only one who feels like this can I?

Or is it just me?

Maybe that's it. Very well could be.

Yeah. It pisses me off. Not your post, my supersonic UFO/insect/bird video posting friend, but just the apathy of the public on this issue, and the lack of any solid answers. You keep doing what you are doing, because honestly, other than the OP Topic being (IMHO) a teeny bit too sensationalist, you honestly never know what is gonna happen when ANY info is posted, and you damn sure didn't do anything wrong.

Yep... Any day now.

Sorry for my somewhat rambling, stream of consciousness writing style. Sometimes I think so much faster than I type, that it can come out a bit cattywhompous.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrimeAutobot
What I find interesting is that in these supersonic UFO videos there is no sound barrier being broken.

Which is strong evidence that it isn't supersonic.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I am leaning towards slow moving gnat inches away.

I am too lazy to do the math, but thanks for the example. Wish I could give applause.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Excellent post, pretty much my thoughts on everything and succinctly put.

And your thoughts on Greer are exactly how I felt!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Here's what I noticed. What has happened since nearly everybody has a portable camera and video recorder?

One might think, "Hey now we will finally get all that evidence of ET that is out there." We didn't. There is even less than before.

On the other hand, we've seen a flood of policemen being terrible pricks that very few (white) people would have believed 20 years ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deanNS

Dear deanNS.You wrote something on my wall a couple of months ago i would like to know who you are and why you wrote what you wrote..thanks.If you can pm me it will be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

I am too lazy to do the math, but thanks for the example. Wish I could give applause.

That's ridiculous! If the object were only inches away, it would not even be noticeable because it would be too out of focus. But, in order to be large enough to be resolvable by the camera, an object the size of a bug would have to be close to the camera lens. So the explanation fails, for the object remained in fairly sharp focus throughout all the frames. Quite apart from the obvious fact that the object looks nothing like an insect. But of course, all those who desperately want to avoid having to accept that it is paranormal/extraterrestrial will latch onto ANY logical possibility, however implausible, including one that hypothesizes that the object is something that it looks NOTHING like and which would not be in focus because it would have to be close to the camera lens!
Some of you need some common sense.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
"Oh what fun, it is to ride, in a big.......Bug"

What a great thread hey?, just seems like yesterday that there were dozens of these turning up on ATS....

At this stage...it is pertinent to mention that this "Daily Star" article and UFO video, are dated March 2016.....

Soo, it seems not to have cause much of a revelation back then either.

Yes of course it is a bug/Blurd, you can clearly see the gossamer wings reflecting in the single frame shots.
You can also tell the bug is making a slight random "S" curve trajectory...... as Earth bugs do...
It fairly easy to tell the object is closer to the filming camera, than it is to the plane..logic dictates that.

So, using complicated math, Universal trigonometry, various algorithms, the Cray super computer and a Nintendo DS, we ask the question....is it a random Alien spacecraft from and other World, that has travelled billions of miles, and years of light speed to fly over an old propeller driven Earthling craft, without even waving...Or is it a Bird/bug/bird?

Clearly, many people who view these types of videos, do not live in a country or area of Earth that Actually has these bugs et al, flying all over the place......As I and many others do.
Ever seen a 1 inch long Horse fly or sand fly? or a 3 inch long dragonfly? or moths as big as your finger?...thought not.

Its a bug....give it a rest.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

That's ridiculous! If the object were only inches away, it would not even be noticeable because it would be too out of focus. But, in order to be large enough to be resolvable by the camera, an object the size of a bug would have to be close to the camera lens. So the explanation fails, for the object remained in fairly sharp focus throughout all the frames.....

Here is a bug right on a camera lens, but is still in focus enough to discern what it is.

Let's say this spider is instead a wasp or beetle or something, and instead of in being on the lens, let's say it was flying a meter or two from the lens. In that case (similar to what I think is the case of the OP's video) it would most likely be able to be seen on a video in relatively sharp focus.

edit on 25/8/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join