It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do patterns of failure begin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Let's talk about patterns of failure, thought patterns and manifestation.

Let's begin by breaking down and analyzing the most basic and probably most common failure, eating.

Eating, what the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about building a solid foundation of a pattern of success and will power as method for focusing your mind to achieve a bigger goal. In my opinion giving in to the desire of eating when not necessary or for bad food is an indication of how in control you are, how focused, and most importantly will power.

I believe this is why the Jewish people fast as part of their religious practice.

To some of you this may be more of a ritual practice... Feel free to bring that up in this thread as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Simple answer ...

When negative thoughts become the norm.

The trick is to catch those thoughts early ...
And apply the exact opposite ...

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Um..... okay, yeah.
I am prone to Cartesian - type thinking, often viewing experiences in terms of the mind and body interaction.
Like when working with animals, I actually consider it a sort of exercise in developing the minds skills at working with it's body.

I see "levels" of skill in that, which in beginning steps require complete abstinance, then later move on to a conscious control of the action, with no set "all or nothing" rule.

For example, with my horses, I started out in our relationship not allowing them to ever eat anything while I was riding. Ever.
Once they were sufficiently used to that, so that they would not even ask or attempt to snag a bite on the trail, I began training them to eat while under saddle, when I gave them the cue to do so,
and stop eating when I gave them the cue to do so.

The mare I have now drops her head immediately when I say "eat" and pops it up when I say "fini".

Now if you apply that to the body and mind, it would suggest that in beginning levels of self mastership, periods of complete abstinance from sex, food, drink, speaking, thinking, moving..... anything really that is physically pleasurable-
would have to be practiced, until the body develops a "mode" it can easily move into. A lack of desire or drive for that thing.

Once that has been developed, it can be turned on and off like switch by the mind, depending upon context, intent, etc. allowing for moderation instead of all or nothing/abstinance or over- indulgence, type behavior.

I think in some spiritual practices the same idea is applied to sex,interactions with others, or speaking? Periods of "fast" in all kinds of sensual stimulation.

I don't know. This is the way I repeatedly find myself intuitionally seeing things, whether I want to or not.
I find that even the best of habits can become sloppy - my horse, if I start being unusually scattered and inattentive, will start to eat without cue more and more until I am unable to get anywhere because she wants to graze. Then I'd have to go through a period of total abstinance again to reset that mode.
I got lazy about letting walk off while I was getting in the saddle, and I guess I'll have to work on making her sit still for several minutes once I am up, to reset.

I got inattentive about my eating for a while when I was injured at home for a long period. My mind drifted off somewhere else and my body was left without a master, and I developed bad habits and gained weight.
So I had to move into a extreme mode of control for a while. Went into a rage and ranted here the other day. But it is working, found out I am right on my goals that I had set out for. I just am so ambitious and impatient....

I am rambling. Maybe I need a period of abstinance from writing? Nah, I may not be writing anything others want to read, but it remains within the realm of what is good for me to do.

ETA- but on the subject of eating in particular, and "failure" - I have some trouble understanding what you mean by that. (if my post seems off topic, it is not intentional)

edit on 12-3-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I like your thinking.

Prolly biased though ... being raised on a thoroughbred stud.

Yet the ability to interact with animals is multi specied ...

The big trick is to get us all talking positively ... internationally.

The animals get it. Do we ?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You know how they say "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"?

A monumental f-up begins with one small mistake.

Snowball effect.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm talking about building a solid foundation of a pattern of success and will power as method for focusing your mind to achieve a bigger goal. In my opinion giving in to the desire of eating when not necessary or for bad food is an indication of how in control you are, how focused, and most importantly will power.

I dunno

Take responsibility for your own actions. Giving in to cravings is a form of lack of will power. Eating for example, Is an urge, just like any other urge. Some are stronger than others. If eating is a problem, Try stuffing your face with something low carb/low cal. That way it will fill you up but with something of benefit. I know, we want something either Salty or Fattening to satiate the urge but it's really the "Full sensation" we want. Instead of filing up on pastries try carrots and broccoli.

You may not have control over the "Urge" but you do have control over what your hands are putting in your mouth.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I walked away still trying to understand what you meant by "failure"... taking cues from your other responses, i guess you refer to things like binge eating, or people who are addicted to junk food, sugar?

In that context my rambling on the mind training the body seem a bit too black and white.
I mean, I've never had such a problem (I don't like sugar) but many of the people I love have had it; my husband has a problem with certain sweet foods that he cannot pass up.

But food is highly linked to childhood experience, comfort, the need for love, affection, pleasure....

I have witnessed that when someone I love begins having "willpower" problems with such food, it is usually because they are exercising an unecessary or destructive will power elsewhere in their life!
They are working too hard, or in a job they hate, or being too isolated from others in their activities.
So strictly speaking, the problem is not a lack of will power, but of will power being applied in the wrong ways!

It is not enough to learn how to project the will of mind over body, but to do so in a just and wise way.

To use my metaphor of horse and master again, the master which does not take into account and allow for the needs of the horse to a reasonable extent will be bound for failure!!!

I have known quite a few of those types of horsemen- they insist on a dictator-type of insensitive domination, and eventually, one day, their horse blows up and kills them (or injures them badly, at least). It's is not "bad luck", it is not a "bad horse", and only observers that have not seen the long term events leading up to that revolt will assume the horse is undisciplined.

Having power is not always constructive. One must learn how to use it correctly!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I like the way you think, too.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
ah ! You mean behaviour patterns ? yes you have to self psychoanalyse sometimes it takes someone else

I took the pattern comment differently

See I took it as things repeating like Deja vu "time pattern" - I know we all had this experience

However, I had this strange incident

One night my mate decided to prank me (he asked a few of his mates to catch on I know none of them were even at the place where I was having my drink yet I heard every single word they were saying - so I was completely aware of the coming prank ..) So meanwhile I just played along with them it was kind of boring as I already predicted what exact reaction would make them chuckle .. So that kept them occupied

The next thing is truly bizzare
I remember seeing this Timezone thing machines .. They brought in a new machine that truly got my attention : called tactic strategic battle when I looked closer it looked stupidly complicated .. I turned away started walking when suddenly a very specific game character pipes in my head telling me to go back to the Machine.. U now the next thing of cause I turn the black screen on and there it is amongst all the characters u can possibly pick from

From then on (even thought I was using my own kill character ) cheatingly whispered each step I am mean to take and what is about to happen prior .. So for all the battles I already new the exact strategy and tactic to battle it all out

Anyway as we kept playing .. Suddenly for me the "plot" became all to familiar I remembered how me and this "character" played this game before and we just kept playing

The last bit I remember .. I went grab a beer to Pick up our trophy .. Yet when I saw the winning screen the very same character that was a few minutes ago a "interactive being playing like me" was suddenly only a blank looking character on screen

My friends had a prank night blast we all had a good time .. But ever since then each time I do something I know I have done this before.. Simple example were the curent changes seen it before all of it (the ddos attack, the layout, I already knew my phone will be out and for how long - this just made me a little mad so I purposely stayed those two hours longer)

Wow crazy much ?!?!!???? It's ats plus I know I wrote this thread before I also saw already your threads (very vivid one was a thread by a "black" girl with that sport dude on it )

I am witing this because it is messing with my head Sometimes .. I also know someone won't like how long it took me .. was it worth it ? Not sure
edit on 12-3-2016 by 2mangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Let's begin by breaking down and analyzing the most basic and probably most common failure, eating.

I believe this is why the Jewish people fast as part of their religious practice.

To some of you this may be more of a ritual practice... Feel free to bring that up in this thread as well.

Using will power to not eat when the mind says it is hungry and to eat diverts the power of will to focus on just not eating is a cyclic trap. The energy created from the will to fight the hunger and thought is energy that could have been used on a much greater purpose. To beat the trap, the body has to reach a state where physical digestive or hunger issues, including noises they produce, have been eliminated, which is a brief period of time that opens the window to escape the trap before physical weakness takes over causing a new problem to mentally battle which is cyclic until passing out or renourishing with food.

If one feels hungry and thinks they are hungry, they have extended energy in a way that sends signals to themselves to replenish and eat. That extended energy may have been through mental activity, not physical where calories are burned.

Having said that, those who fast and do so specifically to focus their energy to manipulate powers and principalities are responsible for any negative outcomes against humans that resulted from that and the Universe keeps record. If the energy focus is rooted in loving your neighbor as youself and love for God based, it benefits humans and that is good and wise.

Most people who eat when their physical body does not need it are eating because mental strain took place, or is taking place, and massive amounts of energy is being used. Not being in a mental state to direct the mental energy in a loving way that is benificial to self and another, due to the mental state usually being negative, eating is a better option to plug the flow until the mental state evens out. The people supressing negative emotions that are peaking, with food, are recycling their negative energy, not directing the peak emotional negative energy outward. That is an act being the lesser of two evils. Some people obviously make a habit out of this and it becomes addictive like any other habit that can overtake a person and they start engaging in the action before any emotional peak has taken place.

Focusing the mind on the big goal that leads to sucess using mental energy that isn't bothered by becoming unfocused because of a gas pain, bloating or stench from a fart, hearing the body digest food or protest the lack of food by rumbling and squealing in the stomach, while also pushing the thought of pride aside for having not ate and body chub is being burned up, or self depreciation pride for not having ate food because they think food is evil or they are evil making them feel they are unworthy to eat or shouldn't eat, with all of those removed, becomes sucessful if the only agenda to not eat is universal love and not self seeking which is the only solid foundation leading to ultimate success. That is possible to do at a peak emotional state but hard.

It is hard to direct energy into Universal love, the ultimate goal that leads to success, because powerful peak emotional times, being good or bad, is difficult to direct outward because the energy stays near the source and the source, being human, is not aware that energy can be directed and shared or is aware that it can be, but forgets to direct and share because they are so wrapped up in the experience, or are consciously attempting to rejuvenate themselves if it's peak positive energy and hoarding it to themselves, living among such a large number of humans who are easily drained because they have forgotten the ultimate power of Universal love which is of God and needs to be fed. Forgetting that is the MOST common failure. Manifesting love with focused thought patterns is difficult to do when society is deep into survival mode being around physical decay, garbage, warring over jobs/income, shelter, health-care, food and others who do not appear to be receptive to Universal love and oppress.

Just as one can fast with no food, one can fast with the others which the majority of those who engage in spiritual energy based will power fasting would not be willing to give up. They would not willingly give up their income, home or healthcare for an extended period of time all to which the lack of those not being accessable to every adult human being is as neglectful and wrong as purposefully starving a person from food but a much slower death. Insinuating victimized people such as mentioned can achieve a personal goal if they purposefully go along with not eating food for a time as if not eating in itself is something to be proud of , is shallow and promotes the idea of others not wanting them here and them finally agreeing they don't want to be here either, with no love, no income, no house, no healthcare and now no food. Not a good way to develop people if the foundation of love isn't there, but a good way to oppress people if the foundation of love is shattered.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
when it comes to psychology is the peer pressure from the so called group of friends of our

what do you think about your group of friend

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ok I can't make any quick comments so I'll be back after work to comment.

Thanks for the replys.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Our enlightened souls are held in captivity by dust. If we instead use the creators light for temporary joy instead of permanent enlightened bliss then the dust wins. Its as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

In light of the reality that the first rungs on the ladder of 'success' are called, by those with no Perspective; 'failure', are you suggesting, somehow, to 'avoid' them, or 'rename' them?!

You are NOT "in control"!
That is no more than ego/vanity! There is no 'free-will', no 'choice', other than as 'thoughts/feelings' that we insanely 'believe'!
Desperately we make attempt after attempt, and come up with excuses after excuses.
We vainly take credit for the 'comfortable' and cast blame and excuses for the uncomfortable!
You are either 'in control' or you are not!

"Sometimes we get what we want (and take credit), but we ALWAYS get EXACTLY what we need (much of the time, 'uncomfortable', about which we whine and blame and excuse)!

Every moment of Universal existence already exists!
You cannot alter or change a single moment, ever, by your vain imaginary 'will power'!

You don't even manufacture the 'thoughts' that you perceive!
We think and speak and type and do exactly what is in perfect accord with who and what we are at any unique moment!
It is just vanity that we 'believe' that we are little 'creator gods' in our imaginary ego world!

edit on 12-3-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Our enlightened souls are held in captivity by dust. If we instead use the creators light for temporary joy instead of permanent enlightened bliss then the dust wins. Its as simple as that.

It's NEVER "as simple as that"!
Especially when 'that' is just a metaphor!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I disagree. The senses of the material body, its lusts, its pains, its joys, can also be felt in nightly dreams. Within those dreams we think we are caged within that reality as well. But when we awaken from the dream we become enlightened that it was nothing but an illusion, So in the greater illusion of maya, we live within our garden of eden, still tasting the apple even though we have been warned of the consequence. Its perhaps our unwillingness to give up the dream that keeps us here.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You can get a good result by being wrong and lucky.

When luck is the success factor and the person thinks it is the norm, that is the beginning of failure.

Failure begins with an incorrect assessment.

Success in reality is always hitching a ride or catching a bus. Reality is what it is.
edit on 12-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: namelesss

I disagree. The senses of the material body, its lusts, its pains, its joys, can also be felt in nightly dreams. Within those dreams we think we are caged within that reality as well. But when we awaken from the dream we become enlightened that it was nothing but an illusion, So in the greater illusion of maya, we live within our garden of eden, still tasting the apple even though we have been warned of the consequence. Its perhaps our unwillingness to give up the dream that keeps us here.

"To escape one's illusions is to plunge headlong into chaos!" -Iota

We cannot abandon this 'make-believe' Reality, but we can abandon and heal the insanity of 'believing' it!

There is no difference between the 'night time' dream and the day time dream.
It's all Mindstuff, all 'imagination', all 'make believe'.
Insanity is 'believing' it. Any of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Here is a "pattern" of failure for you:

Expectations - when one creates a plan, they have an expectation that it will work - this is a mistake in my mind, things can change, so, it is ideal that you can abandon your plans if they do not work, otherwise if you lose, you will only have the ruins of your former plan to work with.

"Abandon" means that you can pull your funding from a project and get your money back, as opposed to being locked into a contract with fees or penalties in case the project does fail.

If you follow that you can make many "attempts" - scrapping the failures and making new ventures with new materials and not dedicating any vital items that would be useful in the pursuit of a further plan.

If your plan "works" you can always, if you want, recover items that you scrapped in the past and still maintain vital items for any further ventures.

What would be "vital" items - things that are used to achieve the objective, so obviously if you need a spade to dig a hole, then make sure you can get it back if your hole is not dug properly.
edit on 14-3-2016 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2016 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The act of giving into to a want or desire is an exercise in will power either having a negative or positive impact.

What happens is this begins to form a patterns.

One it becomes a habit that becomes persistent in other areas of your life. It's a form of apathy.

Each time you do it your negatively effect your over will power and it compounds over time especially when it begins bleeding into other areas of your life.

What I'm saying is that if you master the foundation, the foundation being the small things such as eating or performing your target goal push-up count without quiting or spending that extra 2 dollars on that candy bar or eating that candy bar or reading the last chapter on that book or just shave instead of letting it go another day.

Simple habits that form from apathy and lazyness or lack of will and focus.

What I'm talking about is mastering these minor details as a way to change your patterns and habits and create more successful ones built on a more solid foundation.

I think that will answer many of the post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join