It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholicism, the Univeral church:what that means

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mazzini
And the funniest thing about the Holy Catholic church today is it is the most (secretly) pagan religion in the world. I don't know if you have noticed or not, and if you would even believe anyway, but it is.

You just need to look at the imagery and symbolism they use. In its earliest days they were allowing pagan converts to keep certain traditions and in certain cases making them official church traditions. Mary is prayed to as well as the Saints, they did a pole in Rome to determine who most Catholics prayed to and Jesus came in 5th. Not saying most Catholics are pagans but they do a whole lot of pagan things. Christianity in it's most biblical form could not get rid of certain pagan traditions without re-writing certain sections of the New Testament. Virgin birth is not a concept that Judaism ever adopted and the Greek use of virgin in Isaiah is erroneous. Jews only translated 5 books of the Old Testament in Greek and technically the Septuagint only refers to those 5.

So I would never call someone a pagan that doesn't call themself one, but Catholicism has adopted from the pagans tradition on a number of occasions. You can't change that and many Christians are dropping Christmas and Easter now doing everything possible to de-paganize Christianity and I don't blame them. It is what God and Yehushua would/do want.
a reply to: chr0naut

I am careful to make specific reference to the conservative, widely accepted and traditional interpretation of scriptures.

"For we did not follow cleverly devised stories or myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty [His grandeur, His authority, His sovereignty]. For when He was invested with honor and [the radiance of the Shekinah] glory from God the Father, such a voice as this came to Him from the [splendid] Majestic Glory [in the bright cloud that overshadowed Him, saying], “This is My Son, My Beloved Son in whom I am well-pleased and delighted”— and we [actually] heard this voice made from heaven when we were together with Him on the holy mountain.

So we have the prophetic word made more certain. You do well to pay [close] attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and light breaks through the gloom and the morning star arises in your hearts. But understand this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of or comes from one’s own [personal or special] interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God
" 2 Peter 1: 16-21 (from the Amplified Bible).

edit on 22/3/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I fail to see your point here. Like I said, if you want to be a canon only person I am perfectly fine with it.

I would rather and do read anything and everything I can get my hands on about ancient religions because nobody gets it 100% correct you need the collective wisdom of the world uncensored if you want to know God.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

And for the record I myself AM moved by the Holy Spirit. I can interpret scripture.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Unless one is baptized by the Spirit and of fire he will not see the Kingdom

So if you don't have the Holy Spirit you are in trouble. If you have the Spirit you can and should use it when interpreting scripture. Peter isn't banning interpretation of scripture, just restricting it to people born of the Spirit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join