It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Reagan's 1980s: Astrology and Psychics Golden Era in the White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

Mrs Nancy Reagan whose funeral took place today and died few days ago at 93 years old, was in her younger years a Movie star in Hollywood and a person that believed a lot in the power of what is paranormal to determine the course of a life.

"I'd heard my parents [Ron and Nancy] read their horoscopes aloud at the breakfast table, but that seemed pretty innocuous to me. Occasionally, I read mine, too--usually so I can do the exact opposite of what it says. But my parents have done what the stars suggested--altered schedules, changed travel plans, stayed home, cancelled appearances."

During the 1950's and 1960's, Mr and Mrs Reagan hired the advice of Hollywood astrologer Carroll Righter, and later Jeane Dixon. In his 1965 autobiography, Where's the Rest of Me?, Reagan said that he and Righter were "good friends" and that "every morning Nancy and I turn to see what he has to say about people of our respective birth signs." It was on Righter's advice that Reagan arranged his swearing-in as governor at the odd time of 9 minutes past midnight.

New York times, May 3th 1988: In his autobiography, President Reagan refers to Carroll Righter, a well known California astrologer, as ''one of our good friends.'' Mr. Righter, who died last week, decorated his office with many pictures of the Reagans, according to Professor Truzzi. [ Obituary, page B12. ] ''You have to remember where and how that part of their life started,'' said an old friend of the Reagans. ''In Hollywood during the 30's and 40's, astrologers were social equals and friends, they weren't weirdos.'' On Hollywood and Washington

She was always concern on the Astrological influences under a person is born and also the different paths through a person can walk in life following the distinct causal lines that at some point only psychics can perceive.

When Her Husband became elected President in 1980 she was extremely concerned that after 12 years of failed attempts to become nominated Ronald Reagan was finally arriving to the White House but in a year marked by the so called curse of Tippecanoe, the worst that ever existed over the Presidency.

New York times, May 3 1988, Early in his political career, Mr. Reagan scheduled his inauguration as Governor of California in January 1967 to take place at an odd time, 12:10 A.M. News reports at the time said the decision was made to take advantage of favorable astrological portents

Nancy Reagan however was not a fatalist woman, she know that curses are of course something extreme

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Dear Readers,

Unfortunately there was a kind of connection problem with ATS website at the precise moment I was uploading the thread, that prevented me to continue writing the opening post before the editing time window ended, I am so sorry for that.

Here are some interesting links about references of the information included in the opening post:

www.forbes.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Continuing with what I was writing :

Nancy Reagan, however, was not a fatalist woman, She knew that courses are, of course, something extremely difficult to deal with, but they can be ameliorated with the appropriate advising of experts on the study of causal lines.

She hired the permanent advising of 3 Astrologers, C. Richter, J. Dixon and when she arrived to the white house also J. Quigley.

In an LA Times story, the spokesman for the now-deceased Righter confirmed that President Reagan never publicly revealed his exact birth time as a precaution against letting people read his exact charts and perhaps control him—"It was a pretty smart move," the spokesman said.

www.atlasobscura.com...

One former aide told the New York Times that President Reagan timed his re-election campaign announcement to favorable astrology, for instance.

Jeanne Dixon was the most senior of the pool of Astrologers giving advise to the White house, She had been in similar position several times in her so extensive career. She was a very reputed astrologer since the time of FDR And she was credited to have warned President Roosevelt about his death before WWII ended.

Similarly she became extremely famous for an interview published in the Parade Magazine in 1956 where she predicted the election of a told, blond, clear eyes, Catholic President who was going to die in office, JFK.

During the 1960 election she warned the media that although she had already predicted that Kennedy was going to be elected it was important to don't underestimate Richard Nixon, since she also felt he was going to be President.

Nixon called Mrs Dixon to be her personal psychic Adviser during his years as President. In a Book published in 1973 she predicted that the Main land of USA was going to experience a terrorist attacks carried out by middle east extremists, so it was her the eldest Astrological prediction of September 11th of 2001 , after Mitchel of Nostradamus of course.

nostradamuspredictions.org...

It was Joan Quigley, who is also already passed away who not only predicted the exact day of the attempt of assassination to Ronald Reagan in March of 1981 but also his survival. After such an achievement her influence on the Reagans became extremely important. She is credited to have advised the President to moderate his policy on the Soviet union, what opened the path to the end of Cold war.

"After the 1981 assassination attempt of my husband, I wanted to keep him from getting shot again" ..."While astrology was a factor in determining Ronnie's schedule, it was never the only one, and no political decision was ever based on it." from "My Turn.", by Nancy Reagan, published in 1989

Pls check:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What does Joan Say?, published in 1990: "I was responsible for timing all press conferences," she said, "most speeches, the State of the Union addresses, the takeoffs and landings of Air Force One. I picked the time of Ronald Reagan's debate with [Jimmy] Carter and the two debates with Walter Mondale; all extended trips abroad as well as the shorter trips and one-day excursions."

She said she told the first lady that Reagan's stance against the Soviet Union has to change ahead of his 1985 meeting with the Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in Geneva.

"Gorbachev's Aquarian planet is in such harmony with Ronnie's, you'll see ... They'll share a vision," Quigley claimed to have told the first lady.

Read more:

www.latimes.com...

www.chinatopix.com...

Ronald W Reagan was the very first President ever in the USA History elected in a year ended in 0 that didn't die in office, a remarkable achievement especially considering his so advance age when he was elected ( 69) and when he took office effectively (70).

This strange series of fatalities in the White house that include the deaths of 7 Presidents from 1841 to 1963 , starting from William H. Harrison to John F. Kennedy remained absolutely unbroken until the years of Reagan in the white house.

americanhistory.about.com...

It was under the advise of her psychics that Nancy convinced President Reagan to extend and sign a Federal law of protection of Native Americans.

www.americansc.org.uk...

As a governor of California in 1968 he was the very first State head that created a day to remember the Native Americans ( The American Indian Day) .

en.wikipedia.org...

This was part of the recipe used ameliorate the effect of the curse launched by Tippencanoe , an Indian Priest who cursed the Presidency of the US in revenge for the assassination of his brother the great warrior Tecumseh(1768-1813) who leaded many Indian nations in their war against the American Army .

periodicpresidents.com...

The thread is opened to the free discussion of this specially interesting astrological activity in the White house during the Reagan years. Please remain in topic on your posts and under the rules of decorum and mutual respect in the communication.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 3/11/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wow, basing government decisions on crank pseudo-science, as given to the President by his wife.

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

All that psychic consultation and yet they still ignored the AIDS crisis.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Well, apparently the metaphysical principle that it is behind astrology is described as:

as it is above it is below" according with the Kybalion, the recollection of the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, an ancient papyrus found in Egypt.

This means that everything in cosmos is interconnected. Carl Sagan, who once criticised drastically this influence in the White house of Astrology, however used to say that we all are made of stars dust.

Sagan as a physicist was of course extremely materialistic, while great physicians of the past like Hypocrates , Galen, and Paracelsus believed Horoscopes determined illnesses with great precision.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I remember their home address (I think in Palm Springs California) was "666"...and that Nancy freaked out and had the local city government allow a number change of it.

They did change it....

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Wow, that's a very interesting finding, I'm wondering what the so conservative evangelicals that supported Reagan may think on that so symbolic biblical number?

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

new topics

top topics

join