It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 is confirm the worst year for movie releases hoping 2017 is different.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Awesome! I was afraid you were going to be right, but after reading your OP, it seems your thread title is backwards, and 2016 will be a great year, full of comic/superhero movies. I thought there were only going be a few!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Psychonautics - I'm with you on the X-Men movies - I mean, I'll see it when it's on Netflix or rental, but Marvel's mutant comics from New Mutants through all the X's and spinoffs, but so far the X-Men movies still haven't seemed to catch up to the rest of the Marvel universe. Maybe they were too early in the game and they'll turn the corner now with Disney.

As for Apocalypse, I haven't seen any trailers yet, but as long as the personality and abilities are on par with the comic book Apocalypse, he can look like current-day Macaulay Culkin under the cape for all I care. What better embodiment of Death, Pestilence and Famine?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Is The Legend of Conan about Conan the Barbarian? Who the hecks gonna replace the Terminator for that?

No One,

Arnold will be starring as an aged Conan.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You have terrible taste.

GHOST BUSTERS!

Well you did give Ben Affleck a pass in another thread. Shows your level of scrutiny.

Enjoy those crap films everyone else is dreading.
edit on 3 28 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well, I just saw "The Jungle Book" and felt that the high price I paid for the ticket was actually worth it, for once.
edit on 23-4-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
I hope the new Alien 5 movie doesn't get delayed. I hope there is more action mores coming out next year. Even WW2 movies I'll except over any superhero movie. Someone should make an Attila movie or Mongol Invasion movie. Maybe even a Roman war movie about Celt or Hannibal would be a nice change.

Cool, we have similar tastes, I have only seen Alien (Which I loved), and the second one ( I might have seen the 3rd one, i dont remember) and Prometheus (I thought it was pretty good, besides a few annoying bits)
I only know Neill Blomkamp from District 9 which I thought it was a refreshing take on Sci-fi but maybe lacking a bit on the suspense. But am looking forward to what he does with Alien 5.

Yeah I'm tired of superhero movies, I mean, I watch some of them and maybe enjoy a few of them, but ultimately I feel that they are squeezing the life out of comic books, and just for profit. Almost completely ignoring and not finance original scripts.

I'm eagerly waiting for a good historical epic, the last one I have seen, that I remember, was Gladiator (and that's 16 years old)
Funnily enough it's from the same director, Ridley Scott, as Alien and Prometheus.
I feel there are still so many great stories from the Roman empire and other 'swords and sandals' stories, which haven't been told properly on film, I guess the big studios don't feel like it's that worth it anymore.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale Really? I might go and see that, but if it has flashbacks to another actor as the younger Conan then I might not like it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Who is going to see The Nice Guys or Independence Day 2 for a change?

www.youtube.com...

Not much good movies coming out that aren't comic books.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Considering it's already May now.

The year is almost half over.

And there really hasn't been anything WORTHY to watch.

I have to agree

2016 WORST YEAR.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Considering it's already May now.

The year is almost half over.

And there really hasn't been anything WORTHY to watch.

I have to agree

2016 WORST YEAR.

My god. I check Captain America Civil War. It is so overrated. At least slightly more entertaining than overrate Deadpool. Still stupid at the same time. There is so much ways the conflict could not have started and the civil war starts with barely any information like it is missing some scene(very rushed).
Deadpool is super overrated. The story is all over the place and makes absolutely no sense. Movies have turned to Marvel fanboys. It wasn't really funny and I got bored of it.
I'm not going to even bother with X-men. Comic book movies are a joke.
edit on 5-6-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I saw the Nice Guys the other day, I enjoyed it.
A very funny 80's style buddy cop movie set in the 70's. Storyline is pretty simple but the chemistry between Crowe and Gosling is what really makes it work.
It was actually refreshing to see a buddy cop movie like they used to.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Rouge One, one of the few films I was looking forward to is in reshoots since the test screenings were awful.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join