It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 is confirm the worst year for movie releases hoping 2017 is different.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nothing but comic book movies. Where is my action movies? Where is our medieval movies? Where is our documentary movies? There is absolutely no variety ever this year. Not even giant monster movie. I'm tired of all these super hero movies. I hope "Legend of Conan" comes sooner. I hope the new Alien 5 movie doesn't get delayed. I hope there is more action mores coming out next year. Even WW2 movies I'll except over any superhero movie. Someone should make an Attila movie or Mongol Invasion movie. Maybe even a Roman war movie about Celt or Hannibal would be a nice change.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I absolutely adore superhero movies.All those that you don't want to see are the ones that I'm anticipating.😃

Your year will come again.After Riddick 4,presumably.

Cloverfield 2 is being filmed right now,isn't it?There's one for you.
edit on 11-3-2016 by Ericthedoubter because: Cloverfield

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I saw The Fall of London today. Great action movie. And terrific visuals. A little far fetched, but being a critic, I still thought it was well worth my money and for my gal too.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I grew up reading comics & watching their cartoon series. So I'm loving it lol. If I'm in town, I'll try to take my nephew to go see "Captain America: Civil War".

I just wish Apocalypse looked more like the buff warlord he's supposed to be, as opposed to the scrawny cloaked dork I saw in the previews (different movie). He is one of my 2 favorite Marvel villains but they're making him look pretty lame. Oh well.
edit on 12-3-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I plan on seeing Batman v Superman because I'm pretty sure Wonder Woman is in it an something a member here on ATS posted about, Suicide Squad. It's a good year for some of us.

Is The Legend of Conan about Conan the Barbarian? Who the hecks gonna replace the Terminator for that?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Deadpool came out last month. First movie I've loved in a long time.
So I don't believe it has been a bad year for movies. Everybody has their own opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I would echo the sentiments of a previous poster, by saying that Deadpool was a fantastic action romp, and a jolly good laugh (Right up Main Street, one might say). It's the first movie I have seen at the pictures since the Avengers: Age of Ultron came out, and I found it hilarious, visually gorgeous, and a grand homage to the character of Deadpool.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I would echo the sentiments of a previous poster, by saying that Deadpool was a fantastic action romp, and a jolly good laugh (Right up Main Street, one might say). It's the first movie I have seen at the pictures since the Avengers: Age of Ultron came out, and I found it hilarious, visually gorgeous, and a grand homage to the character of Deadpool.

I second you on Deadpool, great fun comic action super hero movie. After watching the latest Star Wars, I really didn't want to go see it multiple times. But I could easily watch Deadpool again.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Drag0nlady and I went to see it on valentines weekend, it was great!!!

Ajax-" what's my name? "

Deadpool-" spells Francis out in the bodies of dead henchmen "

Lol, loved it, great fourth walk breaks too, deadpool is one of my all-time favorite characters, and Ryan Reynolds was born to play him, it was a perfect marriage made in hell.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Personally I've been enjoying the comic book films of the past few years and there's a few other films releasing this year that I'm excited about(sadly not Ghostbusters). The new Bourne film, Assassins creed, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Star Trek Beyond, Kickboxer, Boyka, John Wick 2 ect.. There's plenty OP, just look a bit harder.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I just wish Apocalypse looked more like the buff warlord he's supposed to be, as opposed to the scrawny cloaked dork I saw in the previews
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I agree 110% . But who would you get to play the part ? Not even Arnold or Lou,in their heyday, could match Apocalypse as portrayed in the comics.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I skipped Deadpool, don't believe the hype. I'm not gonna pay to watch Ryan Reynolds play Ryan Reynolds for 2 hours. I get it, he's a quip machine. I can go watch standup that would be funnier. I'll catch it for free at some point. Till then, I can just watch Waiting (Reynolds one good comedy film)

I might actually skip X-Men Apocalypse as well, as I am a childhood fan of X-Men, and the Apocalypse story line. The trailers don't look very good and Apocalypse looks so....ugh he's supposed to be huge and have a voice like James Earl Jones. Can't take the movie seriously when a cartoon from the mid 90's does a better job portraying the villain.
edit on 12-3-2016 by Psychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I think people are sick of copy and paste sequels like Alien 5 or Conan 6, and I don't see any demand for historical type movies like the ones you suggest.

It's all swings and roundabouts though, and eventually superhero movies will fade away and some other genre will take it's place.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I agree with everybody about Apocalypse. He looks like a cross between Ram Man from He-Man and a purple butt plug.
Olivia Munn looks incredible, though. Wow. Like really incredible. But I still won't spend $12 to go see it in a theater.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Conan the Barbarian is from a comic..

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Nothing but comic book movies. Where is my action movies? Where is our medieval movies? Where is our documentary movies? There is absolutely no variety ever this year. Not even giant monster movie. I'm tired of all these super hero movies. I hope "Legend of Conan" comes sooner. I hope the new Alien 5 movie doesn't get delayed. I hope there is more action mores coming out next year. Even WW2 movies I'll except over any superhero movie. Someone should make an Attila movie or Mongol Invasion movie. Maybe even a Roman war movie about Celt or Hannibal would be a nice change.

Um.... there have been good movies in most categories and plus... we're only THREE MONTHS IN to 2016.
Seriously, there's three quarters of the year left, maybe chill your beans a bit.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well I saw the Revenant the other day and im still thinking about it. I have never see a film that looked like that one. It's was stunning. Incredible film.

I want more of those.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Conan the Barbarian is from a comic..

Not quite...

Robert E. Howard was a pulp novelist in the early 20th century. A contemporary and pen pal of H.P. Lovecraft. He was the mind behind Conan. Too bad he did himself in at 35. Marvel did obtain the rights to Howard properties and released books based off of Conan, Solomon Kane, Kull the Conqueror, etc. but that was about fifty years later.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here's a few I've been looking forward to that aren't comic book movies:

Ghostbusters reboot
Independence Day: Resurgence
Jason Bourne
Star Trek Beyond
Rogue One
Midnight Speacial

that said, I have no problem with comic book movies at all and they've been some of my recent favorites.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Movie industry has always been like this.

Right now it's controlled by Disney essentially. Super hero movies are what bring in the most money and most advertised.
Good movies to surface, you just need to look for them, they rarely are promoted.

I remember a few years ago I was going to see a big advertised movie when we got there something was wrong with the film so it was cancelled we ended up just choosing a random movie saw Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox, turned out to be one of the best movies I have ever seen, can't remember what we were supposed to see, but it worked out nicely!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join