It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Galatians; Christians falling from grace?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
a reply to: Mryhh

If you look at any of my previous posts, you would be well aware that I know the differences between Yeshua the Messiah and Jesus Christ, Mryhh.

I can see you are on the path, and can only warn you to be careful. I was as cocky as you are and can only tell you that it is very important to retain meekness and humbleness.

Now you're learning the truth, you will become a particular target for Satan - and he fights dirty!! Remember to hold on to what you have... because you can't crucify the Messiah twice!

edit on 13/3/2016 by Maigret because: Additional information

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:51 PM
a reply to: Maigret

No the Holy Bible is my authority, not Paul, but Paul was the vessel whom Jesus Used to give us the teachings of the Gospel of the Grace of God. Which is different from that gospel of the Kingdom for Israel before this dispensation.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM

originally posted by: Maigret
I know for a fact that Saturday Sabbath observance is crucial for getting to God the Father and for obedience to Him.

You seem to be saying here that my faith in Christ Jesus will not be sufficient to get me to God, and I would need to be observing Saturday Sabbaths as well. Is that really what you mean, because it conflicts with the teaching of the New Testament?
The whole point of Paul's argument in this letter is that faith in Christ IS sufficient, meaning that it is not necessary to add in obedience to circumcision or any other detail of the "written code".

One verse you left out was Hebrews 4:9 'There remains therefor a [Sabbath] rest for the children of God'.

Read the whole chapter. This refers to the permanent rest of peace with God, sharing in the "rest" which God has enjoyed since the Creation. Notice that "a". It is one single rest, not a succession of rests.

edit on 13-3-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:26 PM
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The 'new' dispensation is also made with Israel, ChesterJohn. Check Hebrews 8 and also even the Son said that he wasn't sent except to the lost of Israel. It is the Israelites who will be able to easily identify the Antichrist. Etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:47 PM
a reply to: DISRAELI

Faith in Jesus Christ has gotten Christians nowhere for the last 2,000 years, Disraeli. For Christians, God is silent and you are taught and told that if you believe that 'Jesus is Lord', you will be saved - but you'll only find out after you're dead and when it is too late, that they have lied to you and everyone else!

How can a mythical character do anything for you? For example, do you think those pedophile priests and the others who cover up for them, really have any true belief in an all-seeing and ever-present God? No ways - or they wouldn't do what they do or think they can get away with what they're doing.

Heb 4:7 'Again he determines a certain day, saying, in David, 'To-day,' after so long a time; (according as it has been said before), To-day, if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts'.
This is about the here and now - not when you're permanently dead.

About the Saturday Sabbath rest, let me put it this way, it's the day on which God hears petitions. But God does not hear the petitions of sinners...

Read John 6:45 carefully and ask yourself, 'Why, with all the evangelizing done about Jesus by men, does it take God Himself to lead me to His Son?'

God told me audibly, "The name of My Son is not Jesus". I checked and this is the truth.... Check it out for yourself at Here is irrefutable proof of the original name of the Son of God.

Also note that this name has been hidden but is only NOW being revealed to this generation! The specific reason for this is a whole other story...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:52 AM
This being an exercise in Christian theology, I can only conduct it in terms of Christian teaching.

Besides, your case contradicts itself.
If you will not accept a New Testament statement on the grounds that Christ "is a mythical character", the same objection will apply to your own arguments drawn from the New Testament.
Either the New Testament is provided by God, in which case I rest on "in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith", or it is not provided by God, in which case you can't rest your authority on anything.

This [Today] is about the here and now - not when you're permanently dead.

Yes indeed, "Today" is the time of decision, which is the here and now, so the "rest" begins now and continues.
"He who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live" (John ch11 v25).
But that is still just the one "rest", which was my point.

edit on 14-3-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:59 AM
Tree Of Life.... OR
Water Of Life... OR
Breath Of Life...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:21 AM

Either the New Testament is provided by God, in which case I rest on "in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith", or it is not provided by God, in which case you can't rest your authority on anything.

what isn't provided by God?

HIM speaking to the very adversary saying YOU are sons of God...

not though faith but just factual...

One can not mix wine with water

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:21 AM

Sorry, Disraeli, I didn't' explain myself very well.

The New Testament stands - but they've replaced the name Yeshua with 'Jesus' and Christian theology has distorted all the Yeshua teachings with Jesus misconceptions.

Replace the name of 'Jesus' with 'Joe' throughout the New Testament and see if you still have the same religious expectations? This is exactly what has been done by replacing Yeshua with Jesus!

If you were a 'son of God' through faith, you'd hear from God personally - and that's my point.

Faith in the Christian 'Jesus Christ' will get you nowhere... whereas faith in Yeshua will get you contact with God Himself! And this side of the grave too! For "The Kingdom is at hand" - it is here, NOW, and all around us!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:45 AM
If it's only coming down to pronunciation of the name, I don't see that as very important. Even "Jesus" is pronounced in at least two different ways, because the letter "J" will be either "soft" or "hard", depending on one's linguistic background.
If the name "Jo" had been historically what we read in the New Testament, then of course it would have have had the same religious expectations attached to it.
Fot that matter, the word Yeshua can't be an "authentic"spelling either, because it is in the Roman alphabet, and the original name would have been written in another alphabet altogether.

There is no necessity to make an issue out of the spelling and pronunciation of the name. There is no demand for it, nothing hangs on that question.
In fact this is merely yet another form of modern protestant legalism, as discussed in the opening post.
It is the invention of a new and unnecessary rule to supplement and thereby supplant Faith.
It is another way of saying "Faith is not enough, you must also obey this new law that I have discovered".
In short, it's exactly what Paul is complaining about in this letter.

edit on 14-3-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:22 AM

Got it. I can be very arrogant, this has not escaped me. There is a strategy behind it (usually). People don't listen to calm reasonable people about religion because all the calm reasonable people don't teach religion.

Hellfire and brimstone drives Pauline theology, not Righteousness. So you aren't going to reach them if you don't come down to their own level. If you are too nice, they will walk on you.

But glad to hear you are wise and if I assumed anything about you, apologies.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:35 PM
a reply to: IamSandSHEisB

the preserved word says,

Ga 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:38 PM

we are not yet gotten to that Dispensation. Unless you think we are in the Great Tribulation.

There are certain books of the in the preserved Holy Scriptures that have doctrine for it's particular dispensation.

Genesis, Deuteronomy, Matthew, Romans and Hebrews. These books divide the Bible into 5 parts or dispensations. We are still undeer that which follows Romans the church age.

This is why one is instructed to Rightly Divide the word of Truth.

edit on 14-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:25 AM
Can someone explain to me how any of this is important? The whole doctrine of salvation coming from grace and justification by faith is the Message of Paul.

If faith alone justifies and not works of law or any kind for that matter, then as long as we believe Christ died for our sins we are covered by grace because of our faith.

You can't fall from grace if it is a free gift for believing that Christ died for our sins. You would have to un believe, but you can always re believe, and even then, grace isn't really happens when you believe. When you believe Christ died for your sins what happens is you start over analyzing the Bible in a mock pursuit of knowledge which is really just a search for the things you agree with and can understand. You are looking for proof that the story is true. But it's a work of historical fiction with serious flaws and people who do due diligence know the truth.

Galatians isn't important to anything and adds NOTHING to anything except pages of words. There isn't a thing enlightening to the mind or a teaching that has changed mankind for the better.

You will probably say that I just don't understand it or anything to make it seem like I am just missing the deeper meaning. You could analyse it for days and you won't find any meaningful words. MMeaningless drivel doesn't have meaning so it doesn't have deeper meaning either.

The world is full of great works of religious teachings and you pick the one that has the least amount of truth and is more reverse wisdom than it is wisdom. You read it and you become less wise and the more you read it the less wise you get.

Pauline doctrine is the doctrine of the spiritually lazy. Just believe and do what your leaders tell you and your going to heaven. Effort not required. Being a good person not required. Contradictions are OK as long as you hear them on different days. Boast alot and repeat as many times as you can that you aren't lying because that's always convincing and means you're telling the truth, because you saidso. WWomen are inferior. Jewish tradition is dead. Law is dead.

Yeah, that's not what I want to hear when I read religions books, the boasting, lying, and bickering of a supposed holy man who everyone hates.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:51 AM
a reply to: Merari

Your conduct on these boards over the last number of weeks (your fraudulent conduct, that is) disqualifies you from criticising other people as fraudulent.
I refer you to the proverb "the pot calling the kettle black".

If you have any serious on-topic observations, they will be taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM

Yeah I am not going to pay any more attention to you because you seem like you have had your feelings hurt by multiple people and are declaring it to be the same person because you can't fathom that more than one person could possibly disagree with you. How egotistical of you to tell someone that they don't have the right to free speech. I see Paul as the epitome of the word Fraud and his flock is going to have to live with it. I have deduced the true church of Yeshua was the church of James and that the church of Paul was a seperate religion entirely. They didn't get along and I believe Paulwas eexcommunicated in the Damascus document of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the books of the true church of James and Yeshua, the Essenes or Zadikkim. You should read them.

If you want to be a Paulite that is your right. But that doesn't give you the right to tell me I can't expose him for the fraud that I know he was. I am not going to lie for you or anyone when it comes to history. I only want people to know the truth. You want people to remain oblivious TO the truth so you can keep doing what you do.

We are definitely two entirely different people with different morals and different hopes for humanity. I want everyone to know the real history of religion and you want the accepted current version to BE the real history of religion. I'm correct, but your version is accepted by the spiritually lazy and you can have them. I only want people who want the truth to accept it as if someone likes ignorant bliss I don't want to ruin it for them. But if people who think investigate what I say they will find it to be true and they will keep searching for more truth and get further away from ignorance.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:43 PM
a reply to: Merari or should we call you Mryhh

No It is the message of the Bible from the God of Grace.

Paul's is an Apostle because he had the signs of an Apostle

Paul's doctrines were given him by Jesus Christ.

the gospel of the Grace of God for this age is a message Jesus Gave Paul which differs from the gospel of the Kingdom doctrine of believing Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ or Messiah. the gospel of the Grace of god has all men believing that Christ died for their sins and rose again on the third day.

If you or anyone else doesn't like it take it up with God.

edit on 15-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:01 PM

No, Disraeli, it has nothing to do with pronunciation.

You have a choice between two completely different characters - Yeshua the Messiah or Jesus Christ. One leads to eternal life and the other to the lake of fire and brimstone, which is why it is so important to check and to choose carefully.

When the disciples asked the Son '...What will be the sign of your coming and the end of the age?' The very first thing he said, in Matthew 24:4 was to 'Take heed that no one deceives you'. I know what this deception is and this is what I am trying to warn you and others about, but ultimately the choice is yours alone, as are the consequences.

God's whole purpose is to gather a nation of holy priests... and priests are active in worship!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:21 PM

It's more a case of feeling so blessed and so close to God that you feel like you can take on the Devil himself... this is the cockiness I'm warning you about, Mryhh. Satan will use even this against you, because he will claim it before God that this comes under the heading of 'pride'. As I said, he fights dirty!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:46 PM
a reply to: ChesterJohn

There is no time for another 'dispensation', ChesterJohn, because we are almost at the Tribulation.

In 2018 it will be the seventy years, spoken of by Jeremiah and Daniel, since Jerusalem was surrounded by armies and the Jews evicted from that city. Then God will deal with that other great city, which is spiritually called Babylon, with the Tribulation by which He 'purges, refines and makes white' the Elect Saints and gives them the opportunity to be worthy of the Son by taking up their own execution stakes to follow him; after which He will have no more use for her.

Meanwhile the world stage is being set for this event... after which, all the wicked will be removed and Satan will be chained up and thrown into the Abyss for 1,000 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>