It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump/Sanders Ticket;Thoughts? Pros and Cons?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Agreed. Bernie would have to throw everything he believes in out the window (money in politics being at the forefront which is everything that Trump has been a part of), and his current supporters would (by and large) lose all hope in him. At its core, It's come together vs. split apart. Polar opposites.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

See my above post.
I think Donald's "stage presence" is more an act than reality. And for him to team up with Bernie means he would LISTEN to Bernie. Trump has nothing to lose by working with Sanders. He seems, underneath it all, to be able to separate himself politically from reality-TV personality and be actually serious.

Ben Carson said as much this morning.

link   

And Sanders is persuasive enough to take him on.
None of the other "establishment candidates" would be able to do that.

Trump isn't ignorant to reality, and he's not delusional. Egomaniac, yes - but I just can't' see him being rude to Sanders......

Hopefully we'll see - Sanders v Trump would be epic. It just irritates me that the GOP is pretending Bernie isn't even there.
I wanted to punch Cruz in the face when he bragged about how "he can beat Hillary" as though Bernie isn't a genuine contender. Sanders is doing just fine.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah? I didn't hear it. Interesting!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm sorry. I don't think I can reach you on this one, and I like you so I don't want to say something mean and regret it later. But I really seriously ask you to reconsider your stance on this one. Bernie and Trump may have some similarities, but oil and water are both liquids too.

If Sanders ever backed Trump or ran on a ticket with him, I would immediately disavow all support for him instantly and forever more. Sanders would have irrevocably broken my trust in him at that point.
edit on 11-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Trump/Sanders Ticket;Thoughts? Pros and Cons?

Pro: Sanders. Cons: Trump.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I actually could see Trump and Sanders joining forces. They could create a dynamic yin/yang in politics that hasn't existed before.
Do we need another party of 'Yes' men/women on either side?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I think Trump would honestly be working for everyone else, like they talked about last night - being EMPLOYED BY THE PEOPLE, and having to live up to expectations. Trump will never go broke. There's no harm no foul in him tweaking things to benefit more people.

He has admitted that he knows all the loopholes, and he uses them. Together, he and Sanders could turn this thing around to eliminate those loopholes, enact a tax code that makes things really fair, figure out how to trade with other countries in a way that benefits Americans, and make sure no one will die in the street.

Trump is the only one saying that he won't let anyone die in the street.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah? I didn't hear it. Interesting!

I'm sure they'll replay it a million times today.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I actually could see Trump and Sanders joining forces. They could create a dynamic yin/yang in politics that hasn't existed before.

Actually it was the case when the country was new that the VP would be the losing party's Presidential nominee. So that has happened before. There's a reason we did away with it though.
edit on 11-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I like you, too! I will rethink it - for now it's just a Friday night imaginary flight of fancy, if you know what I mean......

But will you rethink it, too? Fair enough, my friend?

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Actually it was the case when the country was new that the VP would be the losing party's Presidential nominee. So that has happened before. There's a reason we did away with it though.

Why to create more gridlock and partisanship?

link   

Come on man, you have to remember that Palin supports Trump and he invited her support. Remember that is who we are dealing with here. Remember who Trump is based on his actions.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I addressed this earlier in the thread as well.

The question I have, is if it came down to Trump VS Sanders, would they have to pick 'party members' as ticket mates, or could they choose an Indie or other minor party candidate?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I can give you no promises. Voting for Trump, even considering it, makes me physically sick to my stomach.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I can't see Sanders teaming up with a con man and a billionaire that has repeatedly admitted to bribing politicians

Sanders whole campaign is based around getting money out of politics
edit on 11-3-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Buzzy, I think you're being corralled back into group-think.

It's just a hypothetical, designed to get us to think outside the partisan political box. Have fun with it people.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why to create more gridlock and partisanship?

I think it had to do with ending gridlock actually since the VP was causing lots of disruptions in the President's cabinet.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I've already said that I think there is a difference between his "entertainer bluster" and his ability to truly do business deals.
He used his "reality-TV" persona to get this far. Very clever, actually. Got 'em all riled up.....

but is capable of having serious meetings.

I used to think of him like you are doing....and I could be very, very mistaken. I fully acknowledge that. Still - if it was a true partnership entered into willingly and enthusiastically by both Trump and Sanders, I have faith that they would be able to find common ground.

I believe that at this moment in time. We shall see what unfolds.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I addressed this earlier in the thread as well.

The question I have, is if it came down to Trump VS Sanders, would they have to pick 'party members' as ticket mates, or could they choose an Indie or other minor party candidate?

I'm sure it's up to them, though I'm sure their respective party they are running under is able to put some pressure on making sure that their running mate is also in their respective party. You'd have to look up each party's rules on the matter. There certainly isn't any provisions in the Constitution about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join