It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Let's talk anything and everything metaphysics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's ok to be a completely physical being if one wants to be.
It is ok to be a physical/spiritual being of one wants to be,
the point is to be.

What you deny is what other people experience,
and that is ok too.
As long as you are you.

Astral travel, past life regression, are techniques of thought, sleep and hibernation, not any sort of inquiry into being.

They are, they are inquiry into the essence of human spirit.
No one has to go there if they don't want to.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:39 PM
Pictures or it never happened :>) .....I just ordered the unseen realm by micheal heiser ....cant wait to settle into my chair and have a go at it ...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:51 PM
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I had to go look it up,
sounds like an interesting look at Biblical super natural events and entities.

Just curious,
is there something in particular in the Bible you are looking for a perspective on in the book?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
a reply to: Atsbhct

I have such a vivid imagination, and such vivid dreams, I'd be worried I wasn't just making it up.

Oh man, you're lucky. With such vivid dreams, do you have any that are lucid ??

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:20 PM
a reply to: donktheclown

I do, probably one out of five. It wasn't something I worked towards, just something I realized. I think this stems froms the highly active imagination + being super rational. But really, I have no clue.

They aren't lucid in any kind of higher consciousness aspect, I just often realize I'm dreaming and I can venture out in the dream and explore, zoom around, etc.

I'm sometimes able to think about what I want to dream about and have that manifest into a dream, but not necessarily a lucid dream. And sometimes my dreams are just really strange.

Unfortunately I don't have any tips. I'm a writer, so maybe it's easier because I'm used to taking control in situations that are fantasy.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:26 PM
a reply to: Darkblade71

I have listened to a few lectures on the subject and it was such a fit to what was lacking in connecting the dot's . I think that all of Christianity would do well to sit down with this book . It takes the mind out of the standard Church teachings and adds to it the supernatural element that is found within the text of the Bible .Oh and not only the Bible but also many other religious documents produced over the millennial"s . It allows a coherence look into the metaphysics of our life .

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:31 PM
a reply to: Darkblade71

It's ok to be a completely physical being if one wants to be.
It is ok to be a physical/spiritual being of one wants to be,
the point is to be.

What you deny is what other people experience,
and that is ok too.
As long as you are you.

I don't deny their experiences. I deny that their experience is an adequate measure of being. Metaphysics regards the universe, for instance, why is there something instead of nothing? is there a purpose? what are things made of? All of which has very little to do with personal experience.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It is an attempt to understand the world and universe you are interacting with.

I don't deny their experiences.
I deny that their experience is an adequate measure of being. Metaphysics regards the universe, for instance, why is there something instead of nothing? is there a purpose? what are things made of? All of which has very little to do with personal experience.

Well, it is all in the perspective.

We are biological beings, on a chunk of Iron floating through a vast vacuum that seems to have no end.
There is no purpose other than survival.
The result of chemical reactions through billions of years of cooking and freezing and electrifying.
This is a truth that some people hold.
Not my understanding, not quite anyways, but I understand what we are as far as in relation to the universe on a physical level. Some people stop right there, and get caught up in what is only visible to their 5 senses.
They strive to understand by breaking down the physical, and you know, someone has to do it.

My idea of the universe is almost the same, but then I look at myself and my relation to the world around me, the people and living beings around me, the effect I have on them, the effect they have on me, and the reasons why they and I do the things we do. I look at the interactions, ask about the thought processes, and ponder the cycles of peoples lives.
Then I take it deeper still, because I have experienced things that have yet to be explained by science, and I have seen other people experience the same or similar.

Something that suggests that there is much more than just the physical world you can tear apart and examine. Or perhaps we just have not found it yet, but will some day be able to physically examine the things we do not yet see but exists.

These are the things I ponder.

These are parts of the metaphysical universe I wonder about.
There is a huge unseen part of the universe that interconnects everyone,
and I want to understand it,
so I can understand myself and my place within this reality.

It has everything (for me) to do with personal experience,
because that is the only way as of yet,
most of it can be assessed,examined and hypothesized about.

Maybe I am just totally off base with my own thinking on metaphysics,
but to me it means taking what you already know,
and examining the parts you don't to try to figure out what you and I are.

I hope I made some sense here.
The changes in ATS backgrounds are playing with my thought process.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
a reply to: Atsbhct

Unfortunately I don't have any tips.

Oh, thanks, but that's ok. I've had a few chances to fly myself. That's the first thing that comes to mind and zoom, off I go....I'm glad to hear you're doing it as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 05:17 PM
CAVE! Long time no see. I remember one night years ago,(when you were still active on the site) not being able to sleep and clicking on your profile page to read all your old threads. Always fascinating. It's so nice to see a thread from you and know you are still you.

Now I will go read the thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:42 AM
i am from the far east and have personally encountered countless incidents of clairvoyance, clairaudience, astral travel, past life regressions etc.

The far eastern religions in my opinion do really have a much in depth understanding of most if not all metaphysical phenomena based on my last few years of researching and understanding. Here are some stuff that i noticed that is talked about in eastern religions but nothing of sort being discussed here...

- Clairvoyance: For people who are clairvoyant and able to look into the future of other peopler even yourself, have you wondered sometimes why the future actual outcome of is different from when you looked clairvoyantly?

-3rd eye:spirits: for those who are able to see spirit entities, have you noticed that they appeared in the greatest numbers during dusk and are seen milling around burning stuff(those that produced smoke)?

-3rd eye: past life: Ever wondered what is the purpose of being able to look at a person's past life/lives?

-In eastern religions, we put great priority in paying respects to our forefathers/parents who had passed on. Do you know the reasons for doing so other than respect and rememberance?

sorry for my poor english

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:22 AM

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Metaphysics is the study of being, not the promotion of nonsense.

This isn't really addressed towards you but I wanted to give my perspective on the idea that we need that non sense, or I can really only speak for myself so I'll say I need that non sense.

I don't know how to word this... When I meditate and sit there and just BE, and listen, and open up and just feel myself, feel the immensity of consciousness, absorb that feeling, I am utilizing a psychic sense. I could be trying to be present everywhere at once and all the subtle feelings begin to grow. I don't want to confuse this so i'll say, the more I can just be aware, the more my budding "psychic" seems absolutely necessary. Otherwise I feel like I'm just taking someone's word for it in terms of the nature of our consciousness. I certainly wouldn't feel too inter-connected if I didn't utilize it in some way. I don't think I would like to shoot right for the end result whatever that may be and instead work my way there as I feel ready. For me, my perspective on what it means to be, is to be conscious. And with that comes strange results and I find if you ignore them and stay focused they just become stronger and more apparent because they are possibly triggered by your peaceful and increasingly receptive state.

What some religions see as obstacles I see as tools, really good ones.

What does it mean to be spiritual? or what is metaphysics? Perhaps we need a better definition but I can say my quest to understand my consciousness is heading in the way of stretching out those feelers. Perhaps they'll take us all to a higher plane but one thing is certain to me, that as long as we try we will continue to evolve, and that may have to eventually lead somewhere. Maybe the human bodies in time will evolve in a very strange way to further the persistence of life into different places.

Anyways, I like to feel around. It makes life lovely and interesting, it feels.. productive.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:34 AM
a reply to: Suanna

30 years! I wonder if you could impart some highlights of what you have learned.. Technique, emphasis. When the pieces come together and at this point in your life, what would you say is an effective application of your being in terms of effective meditate.

This may sound abstract or ask an abstract answer so i'll give an example of what I mean. These days when I meditate, I relax myself, focus on all the subtle points inside me, try to focus on them all at once, quiet and still everything and just listen. The 3rd eye point I feel myself getting dragged in but not much comes of it but it feels pretty refreshing. I feel like I am trying to still everything around me, inside me so I can pay attention more effectively.

Any wisdom you would like to impart would be greatly appreciated. I will integrate it the best I can, after all as we seem to agree, in matters of consciousness we must use our own senses and mind to digest everything.

I like the idea of the consciousness itself, to merge with someone and let the vibes do their work while I just sit back and sense what is right, wrong. The path to the self seems like a personal journey but I believe that's more because we are looking through a unique lens, or exhibit some distinction from everyone else but who knows what we can learn together if we just swim in the pool of our collective impressions / radiations.

^ Some guy wandering in here reading this is like w...t...f.??? I speak of feeling someone's presence and feeling what it does to you in their presence, and that perhaps information can be effectively exchanged this way.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: donktheclown
Unfortunately I don't have any tips. I'm a writer, so maybe it's easier because I'm used to taking control in situations that are fantasy.

I do some creative stuff as well, painting and music and I feel how the impressions and ideas come to me can be somewhat supernatural. I was painting one psychedelic painting one day and just really digging into that weirdness inside and I had to put the painting down and close my eyes and I was thoroughly tripping out like I triggered a '___' release in my brain.

Creative stuff seems very intuitive, just going with a feeling that somehow is a good direction to go.

Keep letting the imagination direct you in your creative pursuits!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:49 AM
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

haha, you are too kind. We all change, looking back I wish I shut up more. I don't really care to give my 2 cents on anything anymore but after some long debate I realized if there was to be any discussion that this website is probably the place for it since people come here specifically for that so they don't get grouchy like you are telling them how to live their life! The age of the internet is exhausting. Social media tears more people apart than it brings together simply because of misunderstanding. A slight dislike or disagreance somehow gets amplified into this.. hatred. The written word as nice as it is, is the worst way to communicate in my opinion and it's causing many problems in this age that wants to rely on it.

All those times I wrote in the past I think I wanted to just get it out of me and a simple journal would have sufficed but I always felt the need to help. It's like here, look what I found, do with it what you will, i'm not saying to believe it, it's just an IDEA !

I am more focused on music and my own problems these days.

You are too kind.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:16 AM
I wanted to drop this idea / perspective I have that's still in it's infancy.

Many people are interested in past lives for different reasons. I wanted a link to the past and to another version of myself. To travel through time in a sense and find myself there. My girlfriend couldn't understand my desire to know about past lives and I explained my reasoning was simple, I wanted to know if it was a real thing, that would really put things into perspective for me about existence. I would like to verify if I could, my last one, as I believe I have quite a few details that could suggest it really happened. This is a recent development as of a couple weeks ago where I put together the pieces over the years and had some meditation to try and feel it out, followed with triggering an old dream when I was a child. I can always remember my immature attitude in the dreams and that helps me remember or at least believe that it happened.

I dreamed I was this guy like 11 - 12000 ish years ago, I'll keep it to myself but in the dream when I was him it was like nothing I can possibly describe. I say HE, because I feel far removed if that was ever apart of me. I integrated that and moved on, focused on now. This is the life that wanted to come up a lot in past life regression. But I wanted something a little more down to earth and relatable. I had made it a goal for years now to try and figure out my previous life if one ever existed.

So there's a little back story, but in the same way as the dream of ("12000 years ago", it told me a number), I remember a dream of being and older guy like in my 60's or 70's flying a small plane or helicopter and then I started to DIE. It was god damn awful. I was having a heart attack or something and fighting to take control of the vehicle before I couldn't anymore and eventually I stopped moving but I could still see somehow. The next thing I know I was standing outside this plane / helicopter crash thinking... I can't fix that body, it ain't comin' back. I feel like some being came to me and told me I was dead and either that same being or some other one in the form of some middle aged man was trying to get me all hyped up about living again and I was like, yeah.. I'll think about it. But that's a separate dream but the plane crash one was similar to the far past one where I was a spectator yet the same person, while being fed information from somewhere. Something told me "this was your last life", and my child mind didn't care because it wasn't cool enough for me. I wasn't some glorious being from the past, I was some OLD guy.. an airplane mechanic from Missouri! haha

So what can be gained from all that? Well I think I officially feel there is life after death. And that memories come and go and the essence of who we are seems like more of a FEELING, a presence of life as well as a persistent blank slate or memory card that moves through time and space. It is not human, it is not specific, but it is somehow us. The amnesia of who or what we are seems a bit unsettling but what is more unsettling is trying to be a lot of people at once! That scrambles ya, so maybe it's for the best. I suppose that's why lives end, it's time to let them go. I'm not an airplane mechanic anymore. And it feels really damn weird to feel and think about.

So why remember past lives? Well for me it has given me perspective of what I am in a core sense, and that these feelings inside me don't lie - continue to evolve, there is a point to it, it will somehow be useful long after steve is dead. Re-assuring.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:33 PM

originally posted by: CavemanDD
Let's talk anything and everything metaphysics

So, with this huge collection of magical and powerful skills, have you made yourself and family perfectly healthy and wealthy? Like if the 'law of attraction' actually did anything?
All these paths and powers...
You are independently wealthy, right?
What are the fruits of your collection of 'skills'?

Enlightenment = unconditional Love!
If all those tools haven't brought you into Enlightenment, it's all ego, empty, vain...
You sound like a 'collector' (I know, I was/am One!) in this vain show-and-tell, falling for the 'symbols' without knowing what they symbolize...

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes

"Be empty of what you know
Your clever mind just whips up
A dust storm of pride.
Allow yourself to be fooled and
peace clowns its way into your heart.

If your head would shatter in wonder
at what Reality really is,
reason’s tyranny would end and
every hair on your head would
become an oracle" - Rumi

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
There's the 'fruits' at the end of all 'paths'! *__-

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:30 PM
a reply to: namelesss

I don't know what you are really asking me so I'll just say what my intention is - to drive forward discussion that leads towards the upliftment of myself and my peers. We can sit here all day feeling good on our own but I also like being human and if people want to go off about their "vanity" they are indirectly shamed for, it is welcomed here so long as they are respectful. This field of study, is full of difficulty to convey and seems to eat itself from the inside when we feel like this kind of disclosure is a waste of our time or stroking of our egos. I don't think we should be so quick to take for granted what we have. Our bodies, their health, this planet while it is still green, and a diversity of opinion. The intention of this thread is to celebrate that and what people take from it individually is their own. Full disclosure from me: I would like a good conversation from people that feel that urge to follow that inner calling of love.

Now as to your personal inquiry, everything I have encountered to be within my ability has changed my perspective of life, it's made me a happier and better person in my own perspective, and made me examine what I value and it those good feelings, moving progressively towards more upliftment. I use my senses daily in my human life, they keep me safe, they help me find good company.

And so what, I am having fun. My choice. I'm stroking my ego off real hard with that one, life is good. I don't think we should be too quick to discard passion... it helps make real good art, and that is something that does real good in this world. When you get an email from some stranger saying how your art has really helped them, it suddenly doesn't seem like such an ego stroke.

I use my senses to create better things to share with my peers.

Now I must appologize if I am coming off as defensive but it seems like you are inquiring while being slightly condescending.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:32 AM
a reply to: CavemanDD

As you continue to meditate more, you will probably be able to hone your skills at past life regression. In the beginning these flashbacks are uncontrollable and you will probably see the highlights/lowlights of your previous lives but over time as you grow spiritually these will be controllable, much like a fast forward rewind feature build into you.

Some traits of the character of your past lives will be brought forward to the next life and so on and basically nothing else. e.g If you realised that from past life regression in your previous lives you were a selfish b****** that caused the death of someone, there is a high tendency that you in this life would be selfish as well and in time to come would cause your great misery. As such you have this great opportunity to made things right in this lifetime before s*** happens. Believe me, if you have come this far you wouldnt think twice about doing whats right.

The law of reincarnation/karma will never change. As long as you dun realise and change the negative traits of yourself in every life, it will just come back again and again and affect you in certain incidents in your current life. Past life regression is a great gift to let you know yourself better in a way(if you hadnt know yourself well by now or just think its not necessary to change at all)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:16 AM
a reply to: dna221277

One of the views of these lives that I was lucky to experience, I was much wiser than I am now. I don't care to talk about myself too much but I'll say this character I may have been was very advanced in comparison to my current self. I can go on if requested. I was fortunate enough to have a second view of this life in another vivid dream. What is significant is that this person, a former version of me chose to throw it all away because it / he felt lacking in understanding. I felt all the knowledge and entirety of what I was drain from me and I became like an animal. I suppose if this happened, I felt a need for serious refinement enough to start from the beginning again or something to that degree.

So what I took from that is this is not a competition, with ourselves or others and to not fear the changes or the nature of things. Life will always be. This ride will go on and perhaps we can learn to get off the ride but eventually we may engage it again. As of now, in my young mind that has much to learn yet, I see it as a matter of choosing to enjoy the ride of life, or not. So I make my decisions based on that.

Having experienced these things it's made me not take things for granted and to appreciate things as they are now and as they are becomming. To live life well instead of seeking to avoid it. And to learn at a pace that is enjoyable with the experience of life.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>