It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk anything and everything metaphysics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I am creating this thread to pump some life into this forum. I thought it would be nice to have a general discussion and keep things open. I think there is a wealth of opinion on the subject of meditation and metaphysics and this is an open invitation for you to share as well I will discuss my experience if it is asked for.

I believe in tact and that there's a better way to go about every kind of exchange between people. Unfortunately the internet can lead to many misunderstandings and people often feel threatened or want to believe you have some negative agenda. I assure you, aquaintances that I am simply itching for good conversation and want to expand my knowledge as well as make use of my experience. Let's all share, no judgment or name calling here. This kind of stuff takes bravery.

So that being said I'll give a brief background of my studies / interests as well as discomforting, reason shattering "claims":

Meditation, 10 years off and on

Astral projection with great success but this hit a wall a couple years ago.

*cough* telekinesis *cough* not much but I dabble and regard as mount everest of consciousness games.

Guessing cards and remote viewing stuff by inner sight as well as feeling, though I need help with inner sight. It seems the most like a muscle you gotta keep exercising or you lose. I am much better at finding a feeling and making it grow in intensity and detail. A simple matter of retained focus it seems.

Chakras n all that. Limited experience with eastern asian systems but I always address the 3 tan tiens. There are 1 or 2 qi gong movements I swear by.

Past life regression. I have paid for 2 of these sessions including one using the method of the famed and late Delores Canon. I applied what I learned from that and I believe you can easily do it yourself. There are also associated dreams and childhood memories with this.

I also tried all those taboo illegal shaman things but not sure where this site stands on that these days so send me a private message if you want to know about jungle juice and stuff like that. I believe it to be important enough to mention, with utmost respect for this site.

Other things.. anyways I can pitch ideas regarding all that. I can recommend a couple meditation approaches for beginners as well. I am willing to help and eager to discuss and learn more.

Anyone feel free to start this off. I will be back online later.

Regards, Steve

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Breathing life into things is, if taken literally, metaphysical in a way isn't it?

I find past life regression interesting, but I've never attempted it as I'm not susceptible to hypnosis. Is there another method?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CavemanDD

I like past life regression... or perhaps, delving into who and what one might have been in another life.

It is my personal belief that humans are basically physical machines... like all living creatures. The difference is that we are something more... like children playing in a nursery, learning as we go to whatever awaits beyond. We are installed in this biological devices to learn, to grow and mature... and some of us take longer by way of interrupted spans or perhaps, repeat attempts at overcoming certain traits and/or weaknesses.

The problem here is that the concept is so often mixed up in wording so that when one speaks of this, the terminology tends to waylay one's possible understanding.

In a nutshell, we live in an age when so many want to be able to do whatever they wish, with no acceptance of any concept that there is more to existence than getting all one wants when one wants it regardless of effect elsewhere.

From this point, the word 'religion' becomes more than a word and one cast aside without understanding the basics of who and what we might actually be.

Good subject. Will be checking back in.

S&F

edit on 11-3-2016 by redoubt because: spell correct x2

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Absolutely.

I honestly didn't think hypnosis worked on me and you expect to go into this manchurian candidate type trance but I think that has more to do with shattering of someone's mind that it becomes mush. Horrible. I take great interest in hypnosis and use it to advance meditation a long further and quicker. Belief has a sense of allowance and acceleration for whatever falls in that belief so I try and induce a blief or ride it until it gives way to doubt.

That being said, on the topic of past life regression it seems more like the hypnosis is to get you to relax and be less guarded. It's an exercise in allowing impression and imagination to surface and stayjng with it to allow it to grow in detail. At least that's what I have taken from those sessions and I have applied the basics at home by myself. I am not so guarded as I used to be so I simply feel a question and let impressions and visions come and try to amplify it and be open to everything that comes no matter how unlikely it seems. The best bit of advice I got from one of the hypnotists was that I must trust because doubt and fear set you up for failure, they hold you back in mental games that apply this freeing, opening approach to things. I dissect and think AFTER...

Just allow your attennas to deploy. Get creative with that. For I do not know how else we would access what we are supossed to already know. So just feel. Try that? I can say more later.

Can you provide any more details of your approach lr curiosity? I'm at work I can't say much.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, Steve, as I have understood it, metaphysics is the study of that which is beyond our simple physical reality. And that always needs to be studied under the 'if' of anything metaphysical at all. We can then base our understanding on our own experiences and speculations and or rely on the words of others who proclaim some understanding of it over and above our own personal experiences and use their understanding upon which to build our own understanding.

I think much of the weakness of the field is that we tend to rely way to much on what others have to say in this regard, supposing that others have experiences more real, more true, more intelligent than our own. At this point I think that the 'if' of metaphysical inquiry becomes the 'that' of metaphysical belief and is based much to firmly on 'hear say' evidence.

So I think that any true inquiry into this subject must remain an 'if' question faced by each and anyone who has interests in their own speculation in this regards. Certainly the things that are heard from others might be of value in this pursuit but only as a side line to ones own personal explorations.

For me, the 'if' of metaphysics must remain paramount in my own research into these matters. It is slow going but more sure, I think, than relying on the words of others.

So that said, metaphysics is either the study of that which is real and for the most part way beyond our physical ability to prove, or even demonstrate on a factual basis, or just the fanciful ruminations of a loosely controlled mind. And even if it is in that first category, it should always be considered in light that the second has a high possibility of being the larger truth in the whole matter.
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 11 Mar 2016 12:47:05 -0600Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:47:05 -060016032016-03-11T12:47:05-06:001200000047 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I got one of my past life memories through meditation.
While meditating I asked if reincarnation was a real valid spiritual experience and later that night after I went to bed I relived the last few hours of my last lifetime, so perhaps trying focused meditation for that purpose will work for you as it did for me, you never know.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Blade. Having just read your reply I noted the little squib down at the bottom of your post and found it a much more succinct way of putting what I was trying to expound on but in a much more convoluted and ponderous manner.

Believe nothing no matter where you read it or who said it no matter if I have said it unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have such a vivid imagination, and such vivid dreams, I'd be worried I wasn't just making it up.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I try to live by that saying.
There is so much information out there, and not all of it is for everyone,
but if it speaks to you, and you can experience it for yourself,
then you should dig deeper into it and come to your own conclusions instead of trusting others experiences with something.
If it is real,
there is no reason why someone can not find out for themselves, or at least that is how I see metaphysical information of all kinds.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That is where a person has to trust themselves and what they feel connected to.

I wouldn't of believed it if a few things did not occur with it,
and also many years before and after with the idea of reincarnation.

Reliving it showed me a bunch of things I brought with me into this lifetime including fears, trauma, and people that were with me the last time around and are with me in this lifetime.

Many years before I had this memory, I had a vision on the spot I died last time I was here.
Many years after I had this memory I discovered that when you stand on the spot you died, many people have visions,
and that was another way I verified that something had happened as I relived.

But not everyone experiences these types of things,
so either you will or will not know with looking into it,
but having trust in yourself and your own spiritual connection helps a lot if you have the connection.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I have such a vivid imagination, and such vivid dreams, I'd be worried I wasn't just making it up.

I think you have a good foundation for your own growth knowing your propensity in these regards. Certainly there are those who do not have this personal knowledge of themselves and will fly off with which ever guru or messiah they happen upon. And that is more dangerous I think than a slow and steady approach undertaken by a person with a sound understanding of their own nature.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I came across this not too long ago and thought someone might find it interesting:

Koan Zen and Wittgenstein’s Only Correct Method in Philosophy

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CavemanDD
Guessing cards and remote viewing stuff by inner sight as well as feeling, though I need help with inner sight.

This is possible only if you are possessed with a entity (daemon).

The way it works is when the entity attached to your host body is in direct contact with another entity located anywhere on this planet. Information is then relayed from the remote entity to yours who then 'suggests' the thoughts into your mind concerning what the remote entity views.

Remote Tarot card readings are performed in a similar sense where the face down cards are already known by the readers' entity. The callers' entity knows what card needs to be picked, so it tells the readers' entity to 'pick that card'.

As the reader passes their hand over the unique face down card, the readers' entity says to the callers' entity 'Say stop now'. You say 'stop and turn card'. Low and behold, its the card that you need to know of.

If both caller and reader are possessed with demons, especially Shaytan Djinn, this can be done with the caller in UK and the reader in USA in real-time as i once found out.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That is why you will always hear "Know yourself" in a lot of peoples advice.

If you don't know your inner workings and mind very well, you will have a very hard time telling the difference between imagination and information.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Metaphysics is the study of being, not the promotion of nonsense.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And that is the beauty of metaphysics,
everyone has their own experience with being.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It can be so, but depends what you mean by nonsense? I have learnt most about myself and other beings by doing meditation for 30 years. I would never have learnt so much by studying any books. There is not such books even existing. Other people may learn by past life regression. Some by astral travelling. I feel more safe just by doing meditation, although I have different kind of metaphysical experiences with that also.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I find that under almost every circumstance my mind needs to integrate something all on it's own. That in a sense we are inescapably alone in dissecting our own consciousness but I feel others can trigger us and get the cogs and gears running.

The nature of this thread is intended to discuss ideas not divulge the secrets of the universe. This notion gets lost on this topic very often. I can tell you I am simply stating my personal experience and suggestions of things to try.

Discussion, discussion. Open discussion.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

And that is the beauty of metaphysics,
everyone has their own experience with being.

Doesn't matter. Being never changes.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

It can be so, but depends what you mean by nonsense? I have learnt most about myself and other beings by doing meditation for 30 years. I would never have learnt so much by studying any books. There is not such books even existing. Other people may learn by past life regression. Some by astral travelling. I feel more safe just by doing meditation, although I have different kind of metaphysical experiences with that also.

The moment you close your eyes you stop looking at being and merely think about it. Meditation, Astral travel, past life regression, are techniques of thought, sleep and hibernation, not any sort of inquiry into being.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join