It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rubio's campaign tells Ohio supporters to vote for Kasich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The establishment is really reeking of desperation now. Trump was going to lose Ohio anyway to Kasich by a few points. If he really had any balls, he would just drop out now before FLA and tell his supporters to back Cruz.

Marco Rubio’s campaign says supporters of the Florida senator should back John Kasich in Ohio on Tuesday if they want to stop Donald Trump.
Republican presidential candidates have each called on voters to consolidate and unite behind their campaigns, but the Rubio campaign’s suggestion appears to be the fiercest example yet of the anti-Trump movement, aimed at doing whatever it takes to bar the New York billionaire from accruing the 1,237 delegates necessary to secure the Republican nomination outright.

www.politico.com...
edit on 3jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That said, the recent polls have been all over the place - here. Some have Trump up 6, one has Kasich up 5. I'd say too close to call.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Stop him, oh stop him. Would someone please STOP HIM? Anyone, please, anyone.
It seems that one at a time someone rises and is the next challanger to his supremacy. Off the top of the pack, one after another will flair for a week or two until now, finally they have gotten to the very bottom of the pack, the guy that hovered with next to zero support from the beginning and now it is his turn to try and outshine the glorious one.

Oh, yeah, sure.

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 11 Mar 2016 12:11:08 -0600Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:11:08 -060016032016-03-11T12:11:08-06:001200000011 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 11 Mar 2016 12:12:12 -0600Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:12:12 -060016032016-03-11T12:12:12-06:001200000012 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I think Trump will win Ohio, but who knows.

I am trying to muster a reason to get up and cast a vote on Tuesday and I literally don't care enough to vote for any of these people. I might vote for Trump just because he pisses off all the right people.

It will be my daughter's first chance to vote. That might be my best reason. I can't have her getting too jaded at 18. I was proud to vote for Regan my first election. I haven't been proud of my vote since.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

On the ground rural, everyone wants Trump here, Cities it's a mix.

Rubio, just seems more and more like a sniveling whiner, I've lost all respect for him.

Kasich has done a great job as governor and senator, he would be good as president, but I think Trump will tie, or win Ohio
edit on 11-3-2016 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Agreed, but You mean my vote for Nader, isn't something to be proud of?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oh and it's more than apparent Rubio is hoping for a brokered convention win by doing this.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I voted for Nader in 96 hoping that he could be the 'draw' of a new third party. That flushed out poorly other than demonstrating the lock that the two party system had on us. People like to point to Ron Paul, who I also voted for, as proof of the stranglehold of the D's and R's but the example of what was done to Nader is just as blatant of the restrictions on the left as was Paul an example of the restrictions on the right.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Metallicus

Agreed, but You mean my vote for Nader, isn't something to be proud of?

I forgot when I voted for Perot when I was still naive enough to think it mattered. I actually don't regret that vote.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The "Walk of Shame" will take on a whole new meaning when the Koch Brothers, Romney, and Marco lose the state of Florida!

What do you think of when you hear the word "Grooming" other than hair care?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sunday 3-13-2016

I noticed at the RealClearPolitics site this morning that Kasich is now ahead of the Trump, for the first time. Also, there's an article that says no Republican has won the party's nomination without winning the Ohio primary.

If Gov. Kasich wins his state's Republican Primary this coming Tuesday, will the odds suddenly shift to be in his favor of winning the Republican Nomination? Or, is it most likely that Ohio's perfect record of voting for the eventual Repub nominee will end this coming Tuesday 3.15.2016?
-cwm

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If Gov. Kasich wins his state's Republican Primary this coming Tuesday, will the odds suddenly shift to be in his favor of winning the Republican Nomination? Or, is it most likely that Ohio's perfect record of voting for the eventual Repub nominee will end this coming Tuesday 3.15.2016?
-cwm

I think it means a brokered convention is the most likeliest of outcomes.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: carewemust
-cwm

I think it means a brokered convention is the most likeliest of outcomes.

Then if Kasich wins Ohio, and he's not the Republican Nominee, Ohio's perfect record is finished. What other state can make the claim that the Republican who wins their primary always ends up as the party's nominee?

top topics

join