It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking in tongues Real, or BS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Unless the person speaking is actually speaking real words in a real foreign language then I consider it BS.

I'm a Christian.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Long story short - I, a Deist, attended the funeral of someone I didn't know was Pentecostal and became royally pissed when a couple of people started jabbering complete gibberish.

It's BS, and that's been proven by more than one linguistic expert.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
To the OP: I've heard many babies say the same words, for instance MA and DA are the simplest syllables to form for a human, therefore Ma and Da is the root of most words for parents reading pride and sense into nonsense. The children typically sport these syllables early on, and proud parents jump in joy that their children are learning language. In fact it is nothing but anachronism. You are completely mistaken is you call Pentecostal «tongues» language, NO scientifically valid research has ever come to other conclusions that it is gibberish and well babble. Like what psychotic people tend to do. You may identify certain words, but babbeling people does that, they know a word or two in Hebrew or Greek and typically repeat these words. Can you please record a person speaking Pentecostal «tongues» and give us a translation, together with a syntactical and morphological analysis? I didn't think so. So I guess they speak some angelical language that was designed to not be understood by linguistic science. Much like all those sabotages burials of dinosaur fossils and sedimental deposits showing the true history of the Earth. «Tongues» in Biblical context, mean languages, Saulice (AKA st. Satan) lists speaking in foreign languages as a sign of the Holy Spirit. The Catholic Church lists it as a true sign of demonic possession. I list it as stupid nogood demonic babbel. Scatman John makes more sense than Pentecostals:

The undeniable scientific proof that Pentecostal tongues is nonsense is called linguistic science. And it has proven a zillion times that Pentecostal tongues is nonsense and is similar to what, some sort of articulate laughter og expressions of extatic madness. Drunk people and people suffering from heart attacks can do the same things.
edit on 23-5-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think are more than one type of sit. I always ought it was God taking you over and speaking through someone. I knew a woman though and her and her husband studied Aramaic so they could do it at church. To me that's fake

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join