It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch with Applause notifications?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I am sensing ulterior motives here. Could just be me but I don't know....

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What, about the spanking icon request?
Shh, don't tell anyone

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Haha!
Cheers for the vote of confidence

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I see that now. So make that 5 with 3 that I got e mail about. LOL.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Ok I got 4.
What's a wats

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Me too. Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

The trophy is the WATS score.

Your applause total is listed on your profile ( click on your username next to one of your posts to see the page - the totals for everything are on the left hand side )

Hahaha! Ohmygosh, I'm such a knob, I thought the trophy was the applause score!!
Sorry folks, ignore the thread completely, I have totally made a fool of myself here lol

Actually no, don't ignore the thread, I invite any and all ridicule for such a stupid mistake!

...apologies for wasting ATS bandwidth!

Nearly 5 years here and I didn't know the icons...fail grainofsand...fail lol
edit on 11.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yeah that. Hey my lips are sealed dude .

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Lol, I deserve a spanking for failing to check the icon meanings properly in nearly 5 years!
Don't listen to anything I say ever again

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Not sure about applause notifications (I rarely get them, although I do on occasion), but I know there is a glitch in receiving notifications to replies to my comments. I tend to notice quite a few notifications missing to comments that I find in response to me in threads. Maybe there is just a glitch all over when it comes to notifications. This has been happening to me for quite a while...possibly since I joined up on the site. How am I to know for sure if I don't know to look for them?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I've edited the OP, I made a mistake and like a knob I was thinking the 'trophy' icon was the applause figure lol, proper shamed myself publicly in this thread haha!
...I can't help with the notifications issues you describe though sorry, and don't listen to anything I say about such things anyway, I clearly failed in this one!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yeah, I read your mistake...it happens.

It did, however cause me to research the WATS score and the Karma score calculations, and I have determined that they're pointless, so there's that, at least.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Personally I'd ditch the stars option, I actually love posting in this forum because there are none.
It forces people to actually comment, and that weeds out those who simply 'star' their mates yet are too lazy to explain why they agree etc.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Haha, I liked that!
Back at ya...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I tend to notice quite a few notifications missing to comments that I find in response to me in threads. Maybe there is just a glitch all over when it comes to notifications.

Conversely, I've clicked on a reply notification, three or four times now, and discovered that the reply on the page was actually addressed to somebody else.
Perhaps part of the glitch is that just occasionally your notifications are going to other people.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

When that happens to me, it's generally the first post of a page. If that's the case with you, if you navigate to the previous page and look at the last entry, that's usually the one to which it should have linked...it just gets the page wrong (or whatever happens during the notification).

But I've also clicked a notification and it took me to someone else's post, too--I always chock that up to maybe the person having replied to me and then edited to delete the reply directed at me or something.

Who knows, but there is obviously a problem with accurate notification on this site. Hopefully it gets fixed some day.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine
I don't want to derail the thread, but... Does receiving applause offset a spanking some how?
I haven't gotten applause for some time, but the e-mail for the spankings seem to work fine.

The postman with my envelopes is kept very very fit
/ sarc

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join