It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Consciousness? Who's asking the question?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Do you suppose that recollection and experience are precisely the same thing? If you were to suddenly gain the memories of your counterpart from an alternate universe, who lived a dramatically different life from your own, would this fundamentally change who you are, or would you just "remember" it? If that counterpart then received your memories as well, would the two of you both be instantly shaped into being precisely identical? Or would the two of you remain fundamentally different and unique, yet shaped by these additional sets of memories?

What exactly is "I" at any rate? If upon your death, your consciousness becomes merged with the super-consciousness that is the universe, do you feel that "you" would still exist? Or would you have stepped into oblivion, where only your memories remain?

If you were suddenly to know everything which there is to be known, wouldn't the knowledge you possessed prior to that be so infinitesimal compared to the new information, that "you" would cease to be in a flash, and a new identity would form into being? Certainly you wouldn't behave or think in the same way any longer. You would have been unable to recognize your future self just a moment before, as would everyone else. Your identity wouldn't migrate into the new paradigm that would be you plus all knowledge. Would "you" then still be?

In truth, who you were as an infant ceased to be long ago. The same can be said of when you were a toddler, and again as a child. Are you certain that you and the being that was the child who you vaguely recall are actually the same?

All things live in a constant state of flux. Every molecule, every atom, every subatomic particle in which we're aware is shed one-by-one over the course of approximately a decade. At the end of that decade, we appear to be left with nothing that was a part of us a decade ago. Is the circle of life a macro concept comparable to a micro concept involving identities and consciousnesses fading into and out've existence continuously, inhabiting the same shell of a being over the course of its lifetime?

If you take a moment to truly stop and think about yourself and where you are in this moment, you might notice that you've suddenly become consciously aware. Take a moment to give it a try. After a brief period of time, that conscious awareness will again fade. It's been said that consciousness occurs in bursts of only a few seconds, on average. Here we are, and as suddenly as we found ourselves aware, here we aren't. To be and then suddenly not to be; our consciousnesses are comparable to the flickers of a candle's flame. I imagine that most can even "recall" examples of these events over the course of their lifetimes, when they consider the difference between moments of deep introspection, and moments of performing repetitive and mundane tasks. It's like the difference between flying a plane and then becoming a passenger under the control of autopilot. If conscious awareness comes and goes, and even exists in degrees, then what might the say about the "I?"

When one observes an old-style clock with a second hand, then rapidly turns their head away from and back toward that clock, they will observe that time didn't appear to pass at the same rate as before. Time appears to pass more slowly than expected. Some people report seeing relatively faint but clearly recognizable "static," but for the most part, only when they "look for it." I find it most evident when observing a white wall, but once you see it for the first time, it's easily detectable everywhere, so long as you're consciously considering its presence. Are these just tricks of the mind, or might there be a deeper implication?

Do you have any thoughts on any of these things I've asked, or related thoughts which you'd like to share?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Jumping through time may require entangled activities between the who has observed time as linear in the past but gained perception to view time in loops, with still potential for there to be other perspectives...

Entangled activities between the time jumper centered within the loops or sphere?
As the time jumper or existence explorer - traveler centers inside the sphere or loop/ring of time, it then projects into the time loops or sphere? Its projection IS or can be just as active as the projector.
The Time lord then can interact with its projection(s) throughout time regions located within the time loop/ring or spheres of existence?
The entanglement activities come into play as the projections are uploading information from each region they are projected into. Maybe Time lord seeking information with its many projected selves within EXISTENCE... As the projections interact and learn they transmit entangled information to PROJECTOR HIGHER SELF. Higher self then integrates information of interest and entangle communicates as the main consciousness back to all its projection throughout Existence...
And perhaps Each projection is updated with the Projector H.S. as entangled information is transmitted from source to fractals...

Interesting OP

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
the memories and experiences that you bind here on earth will remain with you in heaven. Like a consciousness upload into the God Mind.
edit on 11-3-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I know this doesn't do much to explain the science of the soul, not many of us are aware of it even.

Part of consciousness is knowing that you know. Awareness, presence of mind, being in the moment, instead of lost in our thought stream, unaware of our surroundings.

The more connected to awareness of self and the reality around you, the more conscious you are, the more poised, the more able to respond, react, and not over react.

The more choice you have, the less dependent on outside influences, others, and things.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well said.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Jumping through time may require entangled activities between the who has observed time as linear in the past but gained perception to view time in loops, with still potential for there to be other perspectives...

Entangled activities between the time jumper centered within the loops or sphere?
As the time jumper or existence explorer - traveler centers inside the sphere or loop/ring of time, it then projects into the time loops or sphere? Its projection IS or can be just as active as the projector.
The Time lord then can interact with its projection(s) throughout time regions located within the time loop/ring or spheres of existence?
The entanglement activities come into play as the projections are uploading information from each region they are projected into. Maybe Time lord seeking information with its many projected selves within EXISTENCE... As the projections interact and learn they transmit entangled information to PROJECTOR HIGHER SELF. Higher self then integrates information of interest and entangle communicates as the main consciousness back to all its projection throughout Existence...
And perhaps Each projection is updated with the Projector H.S. as entangled information is transmitted from source to fractals...

Interesting OP

NAMASTE*******

Sounds very much like a more in-depth look at the workings of a super-conscious. This is part of why I asked that question. The implication would seem to be that we are illusions. "I think therefore I am" wouldn't be entirely accurate, because the reality would be "I appear to think, therefore someone else is." The "projector higher self" as you title it has imagined us not unlike a vast series of simultaneous daydreams. Our perception of unique awareness would be an illusion brought on by compartmentalization. Once the higher self ceases to contemplate the dream, the character is revealed an illusion. If so, then I am likely you and you likely I, yet there is no "you" or "I" in truth. There's only the momentary illusion of self.

I find this a troubling notion. In this scenario, our consciousnesses aren't real, and our identities won't continue past the dream. You and I aren't really that higher being, and we certainly won't wake up one day and find that we continue to exist in the sense that Neo did in The Matrix. Another being will awake, and the characters which were you and I will cease to be the independently thinking beings that we know ourselves to be. Our identities will be reduced to memories, and we again find ourselves as one with the oblivion in which we came sooner than one with the dreamer who dreamt. Most people seem entirely content to simply blink into inexistence one day. I find this notion disconcerting, to say the least.
edit on 11-3-2016 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Navarro

1 can understand your discern but, YOU are your own PROJECTOR and a fractal of yourself or your higher self. It would be more akin to your Higher self being part of a larger system controlling it and many other H.S. like systems following your premise. Why your current fractal self your detecting wouldn't even matter or its experiences, but that isn't what 1 is saying.

What 1 is sharing, is you the projector are learning how to perceive time beyond linear paths taught here in this time region and then learning how to place or center yourself within it "time" as your HIGHER SELF (the avatar maker) and then projecting your entangled fractals as potential various forms they fit through time to learn and explore more hands on EXISTENCE (maybe error prevention). So those avatar-fractals-you are important and not just extinguishable for the H.S. IS communicating with and learning from them as they ascend. And as well also updating itself from the entangled information and updating the fractals also as it wants them to exist or LIVE.

takes mind break- imagine you needed to gather certain information from a time zone and fractal failed. Now H.S. has to re-establish connections in that region and re update an entire new AVATAR or you of itself why the other you avatar are connected and updated already with your H.S.
It would be rebirth or incarnate hyper transmigration type processes depending, which can slow process of exploring and data seeking & error finding as well as H.S. updating, why finding ANother H.S. in the time loops/rings or sphere? to connect with to connect fractals to re-make Avatar you.

So do not be discerned from 1z post for my goal was not to interfere with your perceptions. Following 1z perception, you the H.S. cannot ascend potentially at accelerated rates without the many avatar-you fractals out there gathering intelligence data on existence through experiences and learning and then through a somewhat entangled conscious connection sending the data up to your H.S. to be sent back to you consciously while even at this moment communication to GUIDE YOU...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
'I think therefore I am'.
There is thought appearing, there is colour appearing, sound appearing, sensation appearing so I know I exist - but it is an assumption to believe that there is a separate I doing the thinking.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
CONSCIOUSNESS (GENESIS)

The world we know is essentially the balance of all external existence surrounding us, with the near-identical internal systems we find within us.

Systems which all function in much the same way.

If you could condense the entire universe down and internalise it into something small and tangible, what you would end up with is something similar to the human brain.

A smaller-scale re-creation of the universe which gave birth to it.

In much the same way that parents of a particular species will give birth to children of the same species. The 'universe' brings forth life similar to itself.

Which is what is meant when they say “God made mankind in its own image”.

In between the vast expanse of all existence surrounding us, and the dense internal balance within, there exists a point of focus.

Where the energies of the external and internal worlds meet and cross over.

Where the propagated internal 'body' turns to look upon the external systems which brought it into existence.

It is within that focus point that we are born.

Our brain and consciousness is a focus point of energies, similar to the focused point of light of a magnifying glass.

When life is gestated within a embryo, small balanced electrical patterns circulate within the containment of a pressurised sphere.

The electrical charge contained within the small space increases and as a result propagates more complex and dense electrical patterns.

The dispersal of the complex electrical patterns trigger rapid cellular growth, the chemical processes of which, in-turn feeds the electrical growth.

The electrical and cellular complexity continue to grow together as they form what will eventually become the brain.

Biological systems begin to form off the developing brain in fractal decay patterns which both feed growth and remove waste.

A circulatory system forms to assist with this inbound/outbound transit.

A relief chamber then forms, which causes the push/pull of this circulation to become self-sustained under its own pressure.

A heart is literally born out of the necessity of its own beat.

Isn't that beautiful?

Limbs take form following the same fractal decay patterns.

Arms and legs give form to fingers and toes in much the same way that branches give form to leaves.

Until the complexity and density of the developing systems find balance with each other, and the systems that brought them into being.

Until the body is fully grown around the brain. Like a tree from seed.

A body which is nothing more than a biological power plant or battery, for the power-hungry electrical 'computer' that is its brain.

This is where our consciousness is born.

The “I AM” sense and understanding of self.

It is through our need to actively feed our brains power requirements that we become self-aware.

Unlike plant life which receives its food 'passively', animate lifeforms such as ourselves need to be 'actively' fed.

Trees are able to survive on the soil, sun and rain without the need to ever move, or seek out a richer source of energy input.

This is because they don't possess a brain like animate life does.

Sustaining animate life requires a far greater amount of energy than sustaining plant life. Food which needs to be actively sought out and provided.

From this, the understanding of 'need' is born.

I need!

A baby is unable to speak, gather its own food, or even understand why it must eat.

But it knows it's hungry!

From satisfying need we are given understanding of discontent and unhappiness, versus the optimal state of contentment and happiness.

By providing for 'need' in order to maintain a optimal state of happiness, we learn to understand and recognise self.

The voluntary and involuntary self. And the relationship between them which forms the essence of who we are.

Everything else physical and emotional that we will ever come to experience in our lives, is merely a by-product of this primal consciousness.

A consciousness which exists for one simple purpose;

To consume.

This is (fundamentally at least) the meaning of life. To consume.

Which is why it is so hard to answer the question that so many ask, “What is the meaning of life?”

Because the basic biological purpose for our existence tells us that we will never amount to anything more than a small part within a very big machine.

Not the type of answer which gives meaning and a sense of self-worth.

The question which they are actually asking themselves is, “how do I give meaning 'to' life?”

“How do we turn our small part into something big?” So that we can feel special or at the very least, not worthless.

So that we can love ourselves.

But this fulfillment doesn't come from being taught the answers.

Or from something tangible which can be found in this world.

It is not something which can simply be taken.

It comes from how we love the world and give.

How we affect the world around us positively with whatever we are given to do so. Little or great.

Because in much the same way that fulfilling a need for self, brings us physical contentment, fulfillment of the need we see in others and the world around us, brings us the sense of purpose we seek.

A fulfillment to life, that cannot be brought or faked.

When we do beautiful things, we feel beautiful.

And beautiful people are worthy of being loved.

So we can at the very least feel as though we are worthy of being loved, if not, learn to love ourselves.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This part is also relevant to the first part:

THE PHYSICAL SELF (EXODUS)

There is no such thing as coincidence.

At least not by the modern definition of the word. Everything is the result of cause and effect, because of the simple fact that everything is connected.

Everything.

To understand why, you need to first appreciate that all existence is nothing more than 'motion' and 'energy'.

Our world, all above us, and all life is simply resonating energy.

Our bodies resonate at near-identical frequencies to the Earth and all other life around us. As these are the frequencies which brought us life.

The frequencies of the Earth, which caused the frequencies of our bodies.

As with the sound waves of music, these frequency ranges contain points of harmony.

Relative patterns which fit perfectly to the original.

Within the atmospheric octave of our world,

Air is equal to 3/8.
Liquid is equal to 5/8.
Mass is equal to 8/8.

Forces increase motion/wave density to form 'air' naturally at 3/8.

When it becomes too dense, 3/8 fills 5/8 to form liquid.

When the density of motion reaches 8/8 it forms mass.

Solid form is density that exceeds the applied pressure of the octave range of atmospheric force which formed it.

Within the atmospheric octave of our world,

1/8 is equal to Ionic charge.
3/8 is equal to Static charge.
5/8 is equal to Electrical charge.

8/8 is discharge.

We exist between 5/8 and 8/8.

Our physical body is a microcosm system born in mass, reflecting back towards the environment which formed it.

Though the body of any physical life would be -1/8, 1/8, 3/8, 5/8, 8/8, and +8/8.

What we refer to as our 'higher consciousness' is part of our physical bodies relationship to the -1/8 and +8/8 which sustain it.

As we are a precisely integrated microcosm of the larger machine of existence, so too are we the sum of that existence.

We are not merely connected to our universe, we 'are' that universe. And it is us.

As we look out at the world around us, so too are we looking inwards at who we are.

As we are looking at the sun above, we are seeing a reflection of the brain within our own heads.

The cosmic body which stretches the heavens above, not too unlike our own. The planets its glands.

Our lives here amount to merely a second when compared to our life within the higher systems we belong to.

So how is it that we find ourselves feeling so disconnected from who we are?

Why do we find it so hard to feel like we are part of something bigger than ourselves, when we need only look up?

Who, and what we are, is seated in so much more than just what we see in the mirror.

It is within everything and everyone. And they in-turn within us.

The individual self is nothing more than a sense of perspective.

Through which we are able to choose how we see the world, and how we see ourselves as a result.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Love ! this thread S&F all the way.

I ponder these questions from time to time.

And I suppose that given the strangeness of synchronicity and the way the Universe can sometimes give you a nudge..I should not be so surprised to read this topic today of all days ...when I was in the middle of writing a similar post !

As much as I love contemplating the bigger questions of life, the universe and "what are we really ? "... I also tend to think that, simply by design, we can never know. As in order to know IT, you have to become IT. The thing that we are.. is the now, our younger self no longer exists, and our older self or even beyond ( if there is a beyond ) does not exist yet. If our consciousness or soul is a separate entity with a higher function then we could never know it in the now. Because that is where we all are. The now is what we are.

If " this " is all there is for our consciousness / soul I would be bitterly disappointed, but how would I know I was ? lol.... I wouldn't. Having simply ceased to be once " this " is over. How tragic, all of life's lessons and all of those roads travelled, simply to unravel at the end and be nothing.

There is a fair amount of anecdotal evidence of young children who appear to have memory retention of a past life. Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing ? if we are granted another bite of the cherry ? Or could this be the effect of a universal knowledge, a kind of akashic database that each of have access to ?

And if memories of past lives can be retained even if only for a short time,then perhaps that is what our consciousness / soul is....An infinite vessel full of experience. The whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.

I don't know....but I hope to...one day.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Navarro, I have had a dream since childhood. The same dream. My dream is I see myself light years away from earth but on the same earth. I see me as another person doing the same thing I am doing now. Trying to reach out to myself but I cannot seem to be In touch. Me as all others on earth are here and light years away but others cannot get in touch. Then a train I am on crashes going up hill and I wake up. Sounds crazy but it is my dream. This dream happens once or twice per month.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Has anyone else had this happen?
edit on 14-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: Double post

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
Love ! this thread S&F all the way.

I ponder these questions from time to time.

And I suppose that given the strangeness of synchronicity and the way the Universe can sometimes give you a nudge..I should not be so surprised to read this topic today of all days ...when I was in the middle of writing a similar post !

As much as I love contemplating the bigger questions of life, the universe and "what are we really ? "... I also tend to think that, simply by design, we can never know. As in order to know IT, you have to become IT. The thing that we are.. is the now, our younger self no longer exists, and our older self or even beyond ( if there is a beyond ) does not exist yet. If our consciousness or soul is a separate entity with a higher function then we could never know it in the now. Because that is where we all are. The now is what we are.

If " this " is all there is for our consciousness / soul I would be bitterly disappointed, but how would I know I was ? lol.... I wouldn't. Having simply ceased to be once " this " is over. How tragic, all of life's lessons and all of those roads travelled, simply to unravel at the end and be nothing.

There is a fair amount of anecdotal evidence of young children who appear to have memory retention of a past life. Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing ? if we are granted another bite of the cherry ? Or could this be the effect of a universal knowledge, a kind of akashic database that each of have access to ?

And if memories of past lives can be retained even if only for a short time,then perhaps that is what our consciousness / soul is....An infinite vessel full of experience. The whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.

I don't know....but I hope to...one day.

Einstein was once quoted as saying "reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" and similarly "the separation of past, present and future is only a persistent illusion." If accurate, then we observe compartmentalization of awareness. The illusion of linear time involves points where perception is limited to the local. This would bare implications regarding psychic phenomena, precognition in particular. If everything that can happen already has, then we could be "living in the moment" as extensions of a higher self living in each moment simultaneously, where we are an aperture through which to experience the particular moment which we reside. So long as circumstances persist unendingly, then you and I are immortal, but confined to this local experience. We have only the illusion of a past or future, comparable to the film "Groundhog Day."

If we cease to exist one day, I "would" be equally disappointed as yourself. I "would" question whether or not existence had any value at all if the conclusion is inevitable inexistence. At that point, we are literally nothing. In fact, we are "not." There is no "we" nor "I" to speak of once oblivion consumes us. I can think of few nothing more cruel other than an eternity of grand misery, and some have argued even that would be superior. Mind you, if the Groundhog Day comparison is accurate, then there is a "you" existing only in your life's most miserable moment, endlessly.

The "past lives" concept would I think be preferable to either of the above possibilities. You are however still playing the same game over and over again, even if your avatar is a different character experiencing different circumstances with each play. Imagine if one were to grow tired of the game overall, then again they find themselves trapped in a scenario comparable to Groundhog Day. That might be a nightmare of a situation, regardless of whether or not your awareness of it is conscious or unconscious. I'll also compare it to the Brain in Vat concept. The brain is capable of processing life experiences many times more quickly than we actually live them. Imagine that you live life after life, and eventually come to realize your actual circumstance. You may spend the remainder of your perceptually lengthy existence in torment due to that realization.

I'll also compare this to physicist Ernest Rutherford, who discovered that atoms are mostly empty space, 99.9999999999996% empty to be exact. This makes physical reality at least 99.9999999999996% illusion. Realizing this lead to him being famously afraid to step out of bed in the morning out of fear of falling through the floor. Now you see the sort of discoveries which have lead to the notion of "mad scientists." Imagine now that Rutherford went on to discover that reality is 100% illusion, and that he exists as a "brain in a vat," being fed sensory data from a computer. Or imagine that Rutherford discovered that he's destined to experience this illusion through an endless succession of lives for all eternity. For him existence would be a nightmare, and there'd be no means through which to wake up. You could only start again from the beginning, over and over again.

The theories in this regard are many. Be it "brain in a vat" or Nick Bostrom's Simulation Argument, the end result isn't very different from theology. There would be a supreme being or "god" from our perspective, and our experiences aren't "real." We already know that reality isn't real though, as Rutherford and others have demonstrated. So we arrive in contemplation of a series of theories which could be described as "flavors" a thing rather than fundamentally different concepts all-together. Whether or not reality is "real" is I think more trivial than one might think. The foremost questions in my mind is what are we, do we continue or do we cease to be, and what's the nature of that continuance or conclusion?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamSandSHEisB

Creation explained quite beautifully^. Yet the material reductionists will tell you the heart makes the beat
... As is the illusion of all material-minded people.

"If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels. Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty."

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
Navarro, I have had a dream since childhood. The same dream. My dream is I see myself light years away from earth but on the same earth. I see me as another person doing the same thing I am doing now. Trying to reach out to myself but I cannot seem to be In touch. Me as all others on earth are here and light years away but others cannot get in touch. Then a train I am on crashes going up hill and I wake up. Sounds crazy but it is my dream. This dream happens once or twice per month.

Assuming a "higher self" or other "source" exists, then it's possible that our dreams may sometimes contain very real and very significant information. Recently a friend told me of a near death experience she had in which she felt that she perceived the entirety of the universe visually. She went on to describe a lengthy, abstract and complex scenario involving that, which I immediately recalled as having been a scenario presented by a fever dream I once had while very ill. She says her NDE concluded stereotypically with a being explaining "it wasn't her time," however mine concluded with a dramatic plea for help, but in concept not words.

It was impressed upon me that a being of female characteristics and relative youth was the victim of cosmological travesty in which her civilization and planet were at the brink of annihilation due to an unintelligent, natural force of unstoppable fury. They had determined they lacked the technological capacity to ensure their survival and had made every conceivable effort to increase what little chances they had. They were broadcasting signals of distress through every means conventional and unconventional, where it was impressed upon me that this "dream" was made possible through two relatively spherical objects in an apparent vacuum behaving independently followed by contacting one another then separating again. After which, their behavior countered one another identically.

I awoke in a panic and horror. I felt not only overwhelmed by emotion and sympathy, but as though whatever I had experienced was beyond the threshold which the human brain can safely operate. Never the less, I was almost entirely concerned with the well-being of she who had communicated this to me, the well-being of the inhabitants of her planet, and the well-being of all sentience across the universe. I desperately wanted to help, but of course that would've been impossible. So I wished her well in her pursuit for aid, and was immediately stricken with the notion she was already dead, and may have been for a very long time.

I was a child then, and couldn't have interpreted what I experienced beyond my recollection of the Star Trek episodes I'd watched. Even given the concepts Star Trek portrays, I'm not sure that one could expect a child to dream something as this. At the time I found it difficult to interpret, but my learnings later in life have allowed for more sophisticated interpretation. If this was more than mere dream, the cosmological threat could have been something along the lines of a supernova, the more energetic catalyst for GRBs or something comparable to what we've observed at 3C321. In fact, when I first learned of 3C321 I was immediately overwhelmed with the notion that this was the subject of the communication. This was the specific event in which the distressed sought a savior. As a child and following that fever-dream, I would often look up at the stars and wonder whether or not life was there, hoping they were well. As I looked upon 3C321, I "knew" there had been many entire civilizations there which had been cruelly snuffed out by the universe.

I also went on to discover that the method for communication described sounds a great deal like Quantum Entanglement. The evidence in favor of communication seems compelling, but it's possible that the matter relates to False Memory. I might not recall the fever-dream as it actually occurred, especially after so many years. The advancement of my understanding of science over the years could have even altered my recollection of the event through suggestion. Having learned that we're composed entirely of particles that have been scattered throughout the galaxy or universe, or "stardust," that two particles which interact become forever entangled and immediately responsive to the state of the other regardless of distance after separation, and that Bismuth-209 has a half-life which indicates it could survive from the point of the formation of the universe until present day, these things suggest the described method of communication is possible. Yet my memory of the fever-dream could have been altered by suggestion in order to fit that theory.

Unrelated to that dream, I was once injured involving notable blood loss as a teenager. Within the minute, my girlfriend at the time called me in a panic, saying that she had sensed that something was wrong, that I was hurt, and that there was blood. I was needless to say, astonished. However, many people have told stories as that before. I'm sure we've all heard the stories about suddenly "knowing" the phone would ring just prior to it doing so as well. We've also heard the many stories about animals fleeing areas just prior to a great catastrophe. I recall the newsmen talking about all the reports of wildlife and pets alike fleeing the coasts prior to the 2004 Tsunami. There are scientific explanations for these things, but the fact remains of the possibility for their minds having connected with a "source" of information of some sort. In fact, there's been situations more directly suggestive of this.

Many have said that they had suddenly achieved a state in which they perceived the universe and understood all that was to be understood in that moment. Jim Carrey is probably the best known example of this in modern western culture, and Gautama Buddha in the east. The Buddha might have described this as Nirvana. A Vedic Monk who's name I can't recall once described his experience with the subject as something along the lines of "I know it, but when you ask me I don't." I myself recall an experience as this many years ago. I recall it being an "of course" moment. Suddenly, everything made sense, and it seemed to simple, so obvious. I mused how I hadn't realized those things before. Then, the moment of clarity was gone. I couldn't recall what it was that I had "known" in that moment. I was disappointed, yet excited. I tried immediately to recover the moment, but without luck. The memory is vivid, except for the contents of the information contained within the moment itself. I can't say whether or not I really did "know" anything in that moment, but I'm not the only one to report experiencing it.

There might be something to these things, but who can say if so?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
Has anyone else had this happen?

It's interesting how an abstract dream as that should seem so profoundly significant without any logical reason for concluding it to be, no? Why this dream in particular? What might it mean? Why should I be the only one to dream it if it is of such grand cosmological consequence?

Well, what do you suppose it means?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

thank you for replying.
You have given me much more to think about, it could take me a while ..

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Amazing story Navarro! Thank you for sharing. You are a amazing writer and a clear thinker.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: IamSandSHEisB

Creation explained quite beautifully^. Yet the material reductionists will tell you the heart makes the beat
... As is the illusion of all material-minded people.

"If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels. Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty."

It's the "chicken or the egg" question converted into metaphysics. I like it. It doesn't explain creation though, but rather makes an assumption about a step within the process.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join