It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puhhhhlleeaasssee.... You think you know how to raise a kid?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Well, I was trying not to offend anyone.

So I guess I lightened it up a bit. You know, for the sake of the children.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: CovertAgenda

Well, I was trying not to offend anyone.

So I guess I lightened it up a bit. You know, for the sake of the children.

What did George Carlin said about the children??..goto Youtube to find out...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: onequestion
Look what it did for Micheal Jackson or Brittney Spears or Beiber!

There are exceptions in everything. However, look at the mess these three made of their lives. I wonder if they are truly happy beyond the therapy.

I am pretty sure Mike is not happy.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ilikebooze

That's besides the point look what it did for his career!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Hehe...love it...
was thinking along the lines of ...
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
wise words from a smart man who just happens to be fkn funny too...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm glad you were not one of my parents.
I'm also glad I didn't follow your advice in my parenting.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Or send them all to Afghanistan to learn some real hard loving....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
apparently....

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You mean this one???
www.youtube.com...

Carlin is what I hope to be in a few more years. I'm not far off now.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You mean this one???
www.youtube.com...

Carlin is what I hope to be in a few more years. I'm not far off now.

Yup

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You know, at first I was (understandably) apalled; but really this is a thought-provoking perspective...

I am fortunate to know a good many people from all economic levels; and in wealthier families, often the kids are raised by nannies, while the parents either work crazy hours to gain further wealth, or indulge themselves rather than spending time with their children - even when they have ample time available. Now you might think that a caring nanny could take the place of lack of parental love, but kids are intelligent, and they know they are being neglected. It is then no surprise when these kids grow up, trying to fill a seemingly bottomless hole, with drugs, alcohol, thrill-seeking etc. and sadder yet, when any of them die due to the above.

It happens in poor families too by the way - but for different reasons. Often the parents are working two or more jobs, or too many hours just to barely make ends meet, and so end up having no time left to spend with their children. This is also what can happen when the increasing cost of living usurps stagnant wages, despite that family finances were fine when they first procreated. Some of these children run the streets or are "latch-key" kids - so called because they carry house keys to let themselves into an empty home after school. They too, grow up trying to fill a bottomless hole, but because they don't have wealth or connections to protect them from their dalliance into drugs etc., they often end up in the criminal justice system.

So you see, these issues truly know no financial boundaries; and the two opposite spectrums are much more similar than they would ever believe. Ironically, one segment of neglect is caused by too much money, and the other by too little - the end result is the same though. This is but one reason I am a proponent of levelling out the economic disparities between the lowest and highest ends of the spectrum - as by extension we would also be levelling out the societal and familial problems that are caused by extreme excess or extreme lack as well.
edit on 11-3-2016 by MoonBlossom because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom
You know, at first I was (understandably) apalled; but really this is a thought-provoking perspective...

I am fortunate to know a good many people from all economic levels; and in wealthier families, often the kids are raised by nannies, while the parents either work crazy hours to gain further wealth, or indulge themselves rather than spending time with their children - even when they have ample time available. Now you might think that a caring nanny could take the place of lack of parental love, but kids are intelligent, and they know they are being neglected. It is then no surprise when these kids grow up, trying to fill a seemingly bottomless hole, with drugs, alcohol, thrill-seeking etc. and sadder yet, when any of them die due to the above.

It happens in poor families too by the way - but for different reasons. Often the parents are working two or more jobs, or too many hours just to barely make ends meet, and so end up having no time left to spend with their children. This is also what can happen when the increasing cost of living usurps stagnant wages, despite that family finances were fine when they first procreated. Some of these children run the streets or are "latch-key" kids - so called because they carry house keys to let themselves into an empty home after school. They too, grow up trying to fill a bottomless hole, but because they don't have wealth or connections to protect them from their dalliance into drugs etc., they often end up in the criminal justice system.

So you see, these issues truly know no financial boundaries; and the two opposite spectrums are much more similar than they would ever believe. Ironically, one segment of neglect is caused by too much money, and the other by too little - the end result is the same though. This is but one reason I am a proponent of levelling out the economic disparities between the lowest and highest ends of the spectrum - as by extension we would also be levelling out the societal and familial problems that are caused by extreme excess or extreme lack as well.

Great post, you explained that well ....

There is most certainly a need to bring some unity back to the home, the cats and the cradle is a very repetitive story

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
There are more ways in life of being successsful as a human being that just wealth and power.

I want my child to reach his full potential in whatever his dreams are and will do everything in my power to help him achieve that goal but with love, security, encouragement and praise. More importantly than money I want him to have the social skills to have lots of friends and people who love him simply for just being him. I want him to have a future where he is loved and where he loves and where he has security when the day comes I am no longer there.

Would I like him to be rich and successful, yes if that is what makes him happy, but if it means he sits in an ivory tower isolated, alone and only liked because of what wealth he has then no I dont.

When I was training to be a counsellor they said most people should follow the road that they wanted as a child although most dont. David is 8 and wants to buy a piece of land and start off small and turn it into a theme park like no other. Ive been realistic and explained he will need billions, management and business skills and be able to sell his vision to lots of investors. He had wondered if he saved his spends each week until he is 18 whether he would then have enough. His little face crumpled when I told him that wouldnt be enough lol

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hi onequestion, I may be way off mark here, so, sorry if I am.

It is just that your post read to me as if you feel like maybe you have been neglected and ignored, set impossible goals, only rewarded by attention / affection when you are achieving targets set for you and not by you, when you were growing up ?

Every parent wants their kids to be successful in life although not simply by being rich. Making a big heap of money or being a celebrity does not always equate to success.

Unless of course they suck at being a parent.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

This is definitely not my story lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

This is definitely not my story

ahhh, well in that case I am glad.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

This is definitely not my story

ahhh, well in that case I am glad.

Actually it's like 15 different topics all tied together into one in an attempt at satire.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Ah okay, perhaps you could have been a little less subtle?
The member nonspecific made a better thread on similar thoughts yesterday but he was more direct saying basically don't be a crap parent.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Actually it's like 15 different topics all tied together into one in an attempt at satire.

Since there are a lot of parents on this site,probably not the best place to post stuff like this if you don;t want the mob of angry parents coming after you.

How one parents their child tends to be a very touchy subject for many even if humor was the intent...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The OP is obviously being sarcastic, no need to get offended... These kinda kids have grown and are now in the ruling power.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join