It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell all about your truth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
God is in a position of Power and is responsible. He doesn't judge someone based on their religion because he hasn't revealed himself in knowable fashion. Faith is not enough. You must be a good person and divine judgement is just and reasonable.

Knowledge brings you closer to God. Human religions are allegory with hidden teachings and not history.

Have a moral code, and stick to those principles. Moderate pleasure to avoid dependence.

Fear of punishment doesn't make you good if it's the only reason your being good. I.e. fear of hell being your reason for following Jesus is not honorable. If you need to be extorted to be good, you aren't good.

Evolve. Evolve more.

Stand up for those who are being discriminated against.

The big bang theory is a joke.

Science and religion lie and brainwash equally.

Theories are not facts, I don't care if you change the definition, it's still a theory.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I don't do vague answers I prefer not to know at all

When people talk, they lay lines on each other, do a lot of role playing, sidestep, shilly-shally and engage in all manner of vagueness and innuendo. We do this and expect others to do it, yet at the same time we profess to long for the plain truth, for people to say what they mean, simple as that. Such hypocrisy is a human universal. Steven Pinker

For one thing I hate the most

When people assume things

especially about me . I have to admit I have not met one person who automatically didn't assume things about me . So the last few years I just sit back and wait till the terrible drama movie starts playing I quit the theatre pretty fast
edit on 11-3-2016 by android56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You can't change the world, so be the change you want to see. Get to know who you really are, before you attempt to start changing the world. S rehash of Ghandis sage advice
edit on 11-3-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

What is your truth you have discovered? What is the addition to our collective ethos which you pass onto those who listen?

We are listening.

BELIEVE in yourself

ACCEPT there IS something more advanced, intelligent and possibly more Elder then you in Creation existing. And as you Ascend in existence and LEARN how to communicate or re-establish ancient communications with these elders then perhaps you may connect with those more elder then you in Creation for GUIDANCE and not Oversight...

-DO ONTO OTHERS AND THEIR LOVED ONES AS YOU WOULD LIKE DONE UPON YOURS-RULE IS GOLDEN

Do not envy nor hate on another for their accomplishments.
And if you do somehow accomplish more then others perhaps extend back a helping hand to pull them up which ultimately pulls up your species. And not look at your accomplishments as means to control those you feel behind you.

SHINE FOR US, IN TURN INCREASING THE BRIGHTNESS*

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 3/11/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I prefer reality here and now above truth.
Certainly if truth is no more than a set of rules and beliefs.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
To try to love and help each other without making a dime on it !!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Some great responses. This is what I was talking about. We each hold beliefs as varied as there are stars in the sky.

Very cool. I actually learned something today. Great posts.

Thanks for your minds!

Have a good one all.
Hold it down.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

I say this daily. It is my rock.

a reply to: reldra

Same. I hold those beliefs as well. Every one of them.

a reply to: Mryhh
Also resonates with my beliefs.

Its incredible how many like minds hold truths like your own, and ultimately you would never know. Again, very cool.

EVERYONE holds beliefs that are compatible with my own, yet we are so different. Its incredible how varied people of the same era and world are yet how we choose to differ. We are all a product of the same civilization but could produce incredibly different worlds if we set out to codify our ideals to seed other pastures in the stars. YET the many worlds would still be similar somehow.

Its cool. Very cool.

edit on 3 11 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Great post!
For me my truth is we have to live our life and love your inner voice in the wilderness.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You basically only need water, shelter, fire, food; nature, to live and be happy.

Never betray your own principles.

Trust your gut.

And

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”

― Bill Hicks

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Temet Nosce - Know thyself
Quisque Sibi Verus - To thine own self be true
Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
When one is able to stay ahead in life, they create opportunities by being bold, as opposed to remaining in the same circumstances, they will continue to move forward, with a "purpose" that keeps them focused on their actions and also keen to see the results of their efforts.

You know, even if I am all alone, there are plenty of things that I can do with what I have, new things to build, repair, and improve.

In terms of "opportunities" - just look for any excuse to try something new that lets you test yourself.
edit on 14-3-2016 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The truth is the truth. Perspective may vary but wether you saw the engine or the caboose you saw a train no matter how politely you disagrea with each other about what a train truly is if you continue to stand on the tracks it will prove difficult to stop before it shows you a train. Life is not an accident. Is not something that just happened because it had to. Every word spoken is true, lies are a burden of truth you chose not to carry. God said let there be light. Seems like a interesting choice of words for an all powerful God. Why not fcuk you this is light and what the fcuk are you going to do about it. I've been on the bottom for a long time and siht rolls down hill. But I don't look to the stars with a sense of wonderment. When I look up at these fcuked up half ass disallighned jumbled up mess of Bull# called stars in a cloud of dark blue they know who id's starring back at them because they either fall down in a blaze of glory or scurry away and hopefully go make something of themselves. I came here to show what I made without God. I don't know how God plans on justifying his right to exist but where I'm from wa have to die to prove what we lived for and I'm still alive but every creation of man since the dawn of time is telling me that I have created myself to be the Man who says if I don't let there be light what the fcuk are you going to do about it. Sharing perspective is the key to seeing the truth but there is only one truth and it belongs to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Tell all about your truth

As 'Truth' is ALL inclusive, the (schizophrenic) notion of 'personal unique truths' probably is an attempt to refer to other Perspectives!
All Perspectives, though unique, are of Truth!
Our own biases and ignorances are what we refer to as 'my truth' and 'your truth'!

Every Perspective is unique, by definition/nature.

"We are all unique Conscious Perspectives (Souls) perceiving the One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Reality, every moment of existence!"

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics (Book of Fudd)

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

So the 'Truth' that I experience is that 'Truth' is ALL inclusive!
One!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The Sky is Blue , the Earth is Green , Why do some People have to be so Mean ?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief
Sharing perspective is the key to seeing the truth

The 'larger' 'Truth'.

"The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!"

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

but there is only one truth and it belongs to me.

Hyperbole or psychosis?
They never lock up someone who thinks that he is God, if he allows everyone else to be God, also.
But being God or Napoleon or Truth, to the exclusion of the rest of the Universe, is mental illness.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

a reply to: glend
EVERYONE holds beliefs that are compatible with my own

Absolute balderdash!!
It is always an error to say that "everyone does it!"
Didn't your mommy teach you that?
Some of us host no 'belief infections' at all!

Yeah, 'beliefs' NEED to be 'validated', but you cannot do it against MY leg!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hmmpphh...My dad was never into the whole wisdom thing, even though he tried at times, worse part his he'd keep repeating himself on and on, you know they say a second in hell is an eternity, well it was close to it. Usually about missing the bus or wagon and being f'd.

More or less just quotes, or sentences given from respectable figures, that I would think about over and over again.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert -Einstein
It gotta a very good karmic tone to it, almost like the tone of saying digging ones own grave, but thats a little to deadpanful.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." Bruce Lee

This one took me much longer, and I still try to think about it, from Bruce Lee as well.
"You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Turns out he tried punching a lake or a pool of water...The Water Won.

And the Golden Rule, as well as it negative.

edit on 19-3-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Godthief
Sharing perspective is the key to seeing the truth

The 'larger' 'Truth'.

"The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!"

ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

but there is only one truth and it belongs to me.

Hyperbole or psychosis?
They never lock up someone who thinks that he is God, if he allows everyone else to be God, also.
But being God or Napoleon or Truth, to the exclusion of the rest of the Universe, is mental illness.

Don't take me too seriously mental illness is kind of like a hobby or a vacation home for me. A man makes himself equal to men, a king makes himself superior to men, a god makes himself superior to man. What would you be if you were a god that made everyone superior to you. Did you know that all inclusive doesn't include wiping all of you out of existence. You would think that would work but nope.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
One of many 'Truths':

Change is inevitable so ensure it's for the better and forward moving and thinking, and be prepared for change at any time, ensuring nobody gets hurt in the process. And remember that one person can't change the world, but two together can. Therein is the power within all of us if we can find a fitting partner, no matter how temporary. Things change, after all.
edit on 20-3-2016 by Koban because: mod

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join