It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell all about your truth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I was debating even making this thread,

but why not!?

So,

I remember being a kid and getting a lecture from my dad about having a personal truth. We all have things we agree together on as a civilization. A western world view has definable values and truths we hold to be self evident. Our ethos is not cemented but there are poles it is all fixed on.

My dad went on to describe his truth, my sisters theirs, and then I did.

We basically had a discussion about philosophy and law. It ended with a sort of call to defend the weak and powerless if you are strong, And if you are weak it is your duty to NOT accept you lot and to become powerful, so as to help those that were like you before.

I learned something though. Everyone can have a unified agreement on fundamental truths to society and human interaction, while holding individual personal truths as varied between them as stars in the sky.

Personally I subscribe to the model of power and responsibility. Those who take power in any way must also take responsibility for the potential they make possible. I like the idea of balance.

To me everything is always in balance and there is no upsetting that balance. We only fool ourselves into thinking we have an advantage. Where we go beyond balance for personal gain alone, we sacrifice more of what could be gained.

Also power must be surrendered in peace or it will be taken by force. Power taken by force is never preserved in peace. In life, dignified abnegation is supreme and most potent, most rewarding....and stubborn unwillingness to accept lifes seasons and temperaments is unrewarded, short lived.

SO thats my truth in a nutshell.

Tell me your truth. I dont mind expanding on my truth, but I would much rather learn about others.

What is your truth you have discovered? What is the addition to our collective ethos which you pass onto those who listen?

We are listening.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

My truth is short and sweet;

'Live and let live, do so in humility and unselfishness'

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Be gentle in life but ruthless in defense.

Its better to have 2 friends that are good men and women than a hundred friends of questionable character.

The strongest response is sometimes no response.

Be like steel, strong but changeable.

Read. Read some more. Read it again.

Trust should not be given, it should be earned.

Tacos can solve what words cant.

---- This is a great topic and OP. Thanks.
edit on 10-3-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Pretty much the only universal truth that's been passed down to me by my dad is that beer makes everything more bearable.

I could attempt a serious answer, but my discovered truth is more of a feeling I don't quite know how to describe. I am just reveling in a blissful nihilism lately. And that seems to be my natural state; just quietly loving the stillness of my surroundings.

I believe this is known as wu wei...or maybe inebriation.

edit on 10-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

These are my beliefs:

There is no savage and civilized peoples, only different cultures.

People should go and strive to be personally happy and healthy and they should also help the world around them be happy and healthy.

Not everyone can be leaders. A lot of people tend be the followers.

As long as hate exist there's always going to be inequality.

Love cannot exist without hate. Hate cannot exist without love.

If people can't get their basic necessities, then they will sacrifice morality and spirituality just to get them.
edit on 3/10/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
We all have different perspectives, and I respect yours but disagree with some of them.

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

These are my beliefs:

There is no savage and civilized peoples, only different cultures.

There are differences in cultures. Some things are relative, some are not.

People should go and strive to be personally happy and healthy and they should also help the world around them be happy and healthy.

Ones happiness is their responsibility, not mine

Not everyone can be leaders. A lot of people tend be the followers.

Totally agree

As long as hatred exist there's always going to be inequality.

Inequality exists regardless of feelings. It is not born of hate but of the natural phenomenons of scarcity and competition.

Love cannot exist without hate. Hate cannot exist without love.

Real love exists independent of hate. Hate is bred from desire and other conflict.

If people can't get their basic necessities, then they will sacrifice morality and spirituality just to get them.

most definitely

Interested to hear examples that might alter my perspective.

edit on 10-3-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
develop

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

What I try to live by is as follows:

1) Do no harm. Don't harm another individual physically, emotionally, financially, or spiritually.

2) You can only do what you can do, when you are able to do it. If you try push to do more than this, you are just beating yourself up in the process. Go with the flow, and have faith it will all work out in the end. It is what it is.

3) Become pure positive energy. Getting mad, frustrated, or maybe even depressed has never done me any good. All it has ever done is get me in a bad mood. So try not to let negative things phase your mood. Again, go with the flow, and stay positive.

Peace,
TomSawyer

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

On the happiness though I should elaborate that while yes you must help your fellow man sometimes we need to be selfish too.

On the hatred aspect:

You know your idea is true but keep in mind many people were not considered equals due to race, religion etc. I'm pretty sure certain individuals oppress others out of hate like Hitler for example.

I should add more of my ideas:

There are only anti-heroes, anti-villains, and people with sick minds.

If the point of reincarnation is to learn and grow spiritually in our world then it would be pointless because as long as people need basic necessities then they would focus more on that than on spiritually improving themselves.

Beware of white liberal racists. They do more damage than on your face racists. They pretend to a supporter of civil rights but are really wolves in sheep's clothing.
edit on 3/11/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ok well i will start by saying that anyone has just a valid explanation as anyone else. The following is my personal observations.

1. The world is colourful

This one took me a looong time to figure out. like most young children i was caught up in the whole good vs evil story. The type that tells you that there is a solution to every problem that is "right". As i have gotten older i came to see that the world is not black or white but grey (a cliché but true and I like to replace grey with colourful). This is not necessarily a bad thing as it brings colour to life.

2. Ying and Yang is important and real.

as Starwarsisreal stated "Love cannot exist without hate. Hate cannot exist without love ". Ask yourself this without sadness how would you experience happiness. Without losers would winning meaning anything? Whist i would not wish evil, or sadness on anyone they play an important role in defining what makes good or happiness so special.

3. Most people are good.

I often see people walking the street and I admit I judge them. I think to myself I think me and that person could be great friends it’s a pity we will never meet or at least what if. Because all these people are probably good and have some value to others.

I drive home and I see some idiot driving slow, forgetting to indicate or not going when the light is green. I've done all of those things and don’t think that i am an idiot. Maybe something bad has happened in their life or just caught up in a news story.

4. We are more than flesh.

I love the painting the night watch by Rembrandt. Its message is amazingly clever. Regardless if your religious or not (I’m not) everything has a purpose. From a scientific standpoint our goal in like is to live and reproduce. But the way i see it, that just gives a chance to someone that they can create art. By art I am talking about Seth Godin’s definition or art from "What to do when it's your turn". My basic interpretation is to create something and be good at what you do from making the Mona Lisa to producing a flow chart that exquisitely informs an audience of exactly why China's economy has a problem.

I could keep going but it's getting too long.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
my personal truth is that i consider myself a stick in a stream being carried by the current, hoping i land up in a good spot.

as life passes by, at a perilous pace
no matter how slowly i move
it looks to the eye like the whole human race
make mountains of what might be smooth.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't know that I have a 'truth.' Merely a core of deeply held feelings and beliefs, toward which I am at least somewhat skeptical and agnostic, as I am toward all things. The closest I could come to codifying my current 'truth' (it has changed many times and will no doubt change yet again in future) however would be:

• I don't know everything - and it's quite possible that I don't actually know anything
  • It's possible none of this means anything at all. But given that that's true, it doesn't matter if I'm wrong or "wasting my time" by engaging with a belief paradigm of my choosing.
  • So with that said, what resonates most strongly with me is the feeling/force/principle we experience as/label unconditional love, or at least, love as unconditional as we are capable of feeling and acting upon
  • I experience reality and life in two distinct tracts, both of which I freely oscillate between and fully embrace alternately: the agnostic, and the gnostic; the former being my rational and skeptical experience, questioning, doubting, and suspending judgment - the latter being my associative, interpretive, "open" side, freely experiencing anomalous events for which the skeptical and rational provide no explanation or solution, and considering and engaging with the possibility that there is meaning and knowledge beyond that which can be proved, and which may only be understood through direct personal, subjective experience and meaning. These are not mutually exclusive areas of exploration, and do not require the hostility many seem to believe they do.
  • Positivism is a tool - a useful, productive one - but is not an end unto itself. There ARE circumstances, conditions (mental illness, etc.) and predicaments which ARE beyond the control and power of the one experiencing them, and those who set upon them in an effort to "help" them by placing the onnus solely on them to "empower" themselves, are in fact causing harm and disempowerment, despite best intentions, in certain circumstances. (Not all.)
  • That said, strive to aid and show compassion to those suffering as befits your own abilities and nature.
  • Things are rarely zero sum, black or white propositions
  • Live and let live. Strive (albeit sometimes unsuccessfully) not to judge. (No one is free of bias, however.)
  • Bear ill will toward none, irrespective of their words or deeds. Limit negative reactions to sadness or civil disagreement or both.
  • Given that I may know nothing and be wrong about a great many things... endeavor to maintain a sense of humor, impossible though it may seem at times.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

-Be nice, be empathetic.
-Have no prejudice.
-Give your last dollar when you know you are getting more.
Don't have a philosophical argument about giving a fish vs. teaching how to fish. Just give the fish.
-Dance like no one is watching.
-Laugh out loud.
-Say what you know to be fair and right no matter who argues with you.
-Stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves.
-Pay it forward.
-Surround yourself with good people.
-Do during the day what will help you sleep at night.
-Tell people when they have made you laugh or helped you to feel better or taught you something.

edit on 11-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
My heart rules my morality but when darkness falls the poem Invictus gives me strength.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The truth is ALWAYS relevant.

But at the same time, it's never welcome.

This is why every time someone talks about a conspiracy they are labeled a "nutter".

It's also why those who tell the truth are usually hated...

Orwell was right about truth being hate speech.

The real question is, how did he know?

Ignorant people want to punish you for speaking the truth ~ Ghandi

There are few nudities so objectionable as the naked truth. ~ Agnes Repplier

The man who tells the truth is universally disliked by every person because every person has an agenda and is hiding behind a fantasy which the truth penetrates like an arrow and leaves him stripped naked before the whole universe, and he does not like that." ~ Milton William Cooper

The truth will always be the truth, despite our opinions.
The truth is still the truth even if it is not understood.
The truth is still the truth even if we are not able to accept it.
The truth is still the truth even if we choose to ignore or reject it.
The truth doesn't need the approval of the human ego in order to be truth.
The truth needs nothing to back it up.
The truth is self-sustaining.
The truth stands on its own.

What is the Absolute Truth

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
or Dare

My mood depends purely on you

Instagram is FB for illiterate people

Think ! It's not illegal

Even the calendar knows after Monday, Tuesday comes W T F

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men. Joseph Conrad.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thankyou for sharing your 'truth' with us.

Here's my truth.. Nothing is real, it's all a subliminal suggestion that human beings are fed 24/7. And until people wake up to it, they'll continue to nurture and feed the illusion because it feels warm and fuzzy and they don't have to question anything because it's what they've been fed since the moment of birth.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
"It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round."

...as my mother used to say when we just couldn't fathom where someone else was coming from....

<<   2  3 >>

join