It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lead singer Jesse Hughes claims Paris attacks were an inside job.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Singer in Paris attacks suggests inside job

New York (AFP) - The frontman of the band whose concert turned into a terrorist bloodbath in Paris has suggested the attack was an inside job, saying he was suspicious of the club's security guards.

Hughes, the singer and guitarist of Eagles of Death Metal, said he immediately felt uneasy when setting up for the November 13 show as a guard in charge of the backstage area at the Bataclan club did not make eye contact.

"I didn't like him at all. And so I immediately went to the promoter and said, 'Who's that guy? I want to put another dude on,'" Hughes said in an interview broadcast late Wednesday with Fox Business.

"He goes, 'Well, some of the other guards aren't here yet.' And eventually I found out that six or so wouldn't show up at all," Hughes said.

"Out of respect for the police still investigating, I won't make a definite statement, but I'll say it seems rather obvious that they had a reason not to show up."

Hughes, in contrast to many rockers, was known even before the attacks for his right-leaning views and support for the right to own guns in the United States.

"Right-leaning views"? Whats that have to do with him speculating that this was an inside job?

Anyway, I find this very interesting.

Much like post 9/11 here in the US, France used this as an opportunity to suspend rights and escalate their involvement overseas:

In response, a three-month state of emergency was declared across the country to help fight terrorism, which involved the banning of public demonstrations, and allowing the police to carry out searches without a warrant, put anyone under house arrest without trial and block websites that encouraged acts of terrorism.[22]

On 15 November, France launched the biggest airstrike of Opération Chammal, its contribution to the anti-ISIL bombing campaign, striking ISIL targets in Al-Raqqah.[23]

edit on 10-3-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
European governments claim many things! For example the italian government claims it has lost 450 soldiers in Afghanistan since 2001. I claim the italian losses are more like around 10000.
edit on 12-3-2016 by Flanker86 because: misquotation

join