It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A surprise oil change

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:50 AM
a reply to: peppycat

Peppycat, if Musk can do it so can you or I. Thank you kindly for sending me the link. Your one nice Peppycat. Have a great evening.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:56 PM
a reply to: Quantum12

Sounds about like what you expected. I still highly recommend that you do up a police report, even though it's a few days after the event. Like I said, this will at least make them question then shop, and who knows what they may turn up when they're there. Best case is that they're found to be doing a lot of illegal things and get shut down, but regardless, at least there would be a police report on record that they're suspected of doing illegal vandalism to vehicles.

Sorry you're out that much from your wallet, but then again, it could have been a lot worse--at least you made it home without brake failure.

I think you found a new mechanic for the life of you owning a vehicle--guy sounds very honest and out to do what's best for you and not the shop's bank account.

And I've replaced hard brake lines before on a vehicle--it's not any fun, nor is it an easy job (usually).

Anyhoo, I'm glad that situation is in your past now. Hopefully your SUV comes out working great.

Take care.

And remember, nowadays, online reviews of businesses can go a long way in hurting their business--just make sure that you don't say anything that wasn't true, and make sure that you are not inflammatory with your language. You don't want a defamation lawsuit on your hands...although I don't think the type of shop you're describing would much care about online reputation anyhow.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thank you SlapMonkey. I will file a report today, you are right.

The new shop is very honest and they have many great reviews. I found two Google reviews on the old shop and one review said to not take your car here. I am about to add a review. An honest review of what was done to my car. With polite words of course. I thank you for all your help. Have a great weekend.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
a reply to: Quantum12

I have not read the whole thread just your OP but it struck a nerve.

Many years ago my partner at the time took her car to a reputable apparently firm here in the UK as had a blow on the exhaust.

They told her she needed a whole new exhaust and I think at the time it was about £250. After she got back she said it still did not feel right so I went and got myself wet and dirty by having a look.

This is what some mechanics do.

My partner at the time was 22 years old, blonde, big boobies and in her own words dumb as a pickled onion. They scoped her out and took the easy route by tacking a new shiny back box onto her clapped out exhaust yet charged her for the full job thinking she would only see the shiny bit at the back.

I took the car to the same place and asked to see the manager, he came out and I asked him to put the car on the lift and tell me what he thought the problem was.

As soon as he saw it he said "some cowboys have tacked a cheap backbox onto your knackered exhaust"

"I agree" I said as I passed him the invoice for the full exhaust system she had paid for 3 days before from his firm.

He looked at me and went a strange shade of red and I said that I could only assume there must have been an error somewhere along the way and as the car was already up on the lift we would go for lunch and pop back in a couple of hours and pick the car up with a full exhaust system in place and would assume that a full refund would be in the bank by the end of the day.

He looked at me and said not only that but we could have a free service in six months time as well.

As we left for lunch we could hear cheapskate mechanics getting screamed at and spanners getting thrown.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:48 PM
a reply to: nonspecific

Wow nonspecific, I know how you feel. It sounds like you outsmarted the owner 100%. The owner did the right thing for your partner. I am sure he learned a lesson about his repair people.

To sum up what happened to me. I went to a shop for a oil change. 2012 year suv no problems ever. I left with a hole drilled in my brake line and a slit made in the rubber powersteering fluid hose. I did not find out until the next morning when both fluids leaked out in my driveway. I have no proof and cannot blame this on the corrupt shop owner. It is my word over his. A lose lose battle. I am happy your situation turned out with a "happy ending"

new topics

<< 1  2   >>