It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: CIA and SEALs join the Iraqi abuse bandwagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
An ex-Navy Seal testified that he witnessed on a number of occassions Iraqi prisoner abuse by the trusting hands of the CIA as well as Navy Seals. He mentions that a Navy Seal as well as a CIA official interrogated Iraqi prisoner Manadel al-Jamadi by means of 'abuse'.

www.commondreams.org
SAN DIEGO - A former Navy SEAL says he saw fellow SEALs and CIA officials kick, choke and eye-gouge detainees at a U.S. military base in Iraq.

The former SEAL testified at a military hearing Monday that he saw "interrogation by means of abuse" take place at Camp Jenny Pozzi, the SEAL base at Baghdad International Airport

He said a prisoner under interrogation by the CIA was abused in October 2003 by two or three SEALs. On another occasion a month later, the witness said he watched as SEALs punched, choked and poked their fingers in the eye of Iraqi Manadel al-Jamadi, who also was punched by a CIA official when he didn't answer questions.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Manadel al-Jamadi was a prisoner held at a U.S. Military base inside Iraqi. Believe it or not, physical abuse is an effective (and common) manner of extracting information that is used by our military. Yes we could have thought of a more 'humane' way to retrieve information from this guy, but why? Abuse, it’s the American Way.

If this guy wasn’t going to talk then what use is he to us?

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Maybe a couple seals should beat the # out of you for torturing us, at times, with your journalism.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I believe there are laws and treaties that prohibit this kind of treatment to prisoners, both in our jails, and during wartime. So, are you saying that you think there is nothing wrong with us breaking laws? Because quite frankly, I can think of a few that I disagee with quite strongly....like paying taxes when it's used for some of the things that they are spending the money on. God, I'd go as far as to say that it's against my religious beliefs to pay their taxes.......but well breaking the law also goes against those beliefs...
come to think of it, well, it should go against Bush's religious beliefs too...

[edit on 13-1-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I remember my husband comments about Iraq during the invasion it said that Iraq without government did not had laws, and that It was to the US the country doing the invasion to define what would be the laws at the time.

So during certain time I wonder under what type of rules did the people in the jail went under and if the prisioners had any rights.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I find the "testimony" of this piece of garbage to be less that credible. The article indicates he was booted out for stealing another Seals Kevlar. This [mod edit: do not bypass censors] the has an axe to grind.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Everyone who goes to war does #ed things ,war is #ed .We, as Americans have to stop putting or selfs in this morally superior mind set.
We are all humans ,navy seal ,CIA whichever ...The point is when you become to powerful an individual ,country ,cooperation can throw all the #ing rules out the windows.It becomes easy justify anything as long as its in the name of "whats good or easy",look at the germans ,the public sat back ,as the standards of thier society dropped slowly and after a while
they were gasing people.History repeats itself people ,I think half of our country believes we are the very hand of god...come to think of it isnt that what the people were are "fighting" think .If someone invaded our country
would you fight ? If you were captured would you rat on your unit? Hail Bushler..next stop Iran. praise jesus for he must approve of us.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
DO NOT engage in personal attack, bypass the automatic censors, or use profanity in these forums.

new topics

top topics

join