It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHCA and Sanders Issue Statements about Altercations and Violence at Trump Rallies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The White House Correspondent"s Assn. tweeted and issued a statement condemning an incident that took place between a journalist and Trump supporters.

White House Correspondents Association releases statement regarding incident between reporter and member of Trump's campaign, saying 'We have been increasingly concerned with some of the rhetoric aimed at reporters covering the presidential race and urge all candidates seeking the White House to conduct their campaigns in a manner that respects the robust back-and-forth between politicans and the press that is critical to a thriving democracy' - @JaredRizzi

twitter.com...

The Sander's camp tweeted this message an hour ago:

Bernie Sanders issues statement regarding violence at Donald Trump rallies: 'No one in America should ever fear for their safety at a political rally. This ugly incident confirms that the politics of division has no place in our country'

twitter.com...^tfw

The hits just keep coming, don't they? Trump rallies seem to be a magnet for controversy that the press amplifies, and can't recall anything like this in my 55 years. The problem I have is that the many are being labeled for the actions of the few. Unless security is ramped up, and protocols are revised, the press will have nothing but negatives when it comes to reporting on Trump's rallies.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The DNC is doing all they can to disrupt the Trump threat.

Their operatives and shills are all over the place it seems.

Big money in it for PR outfits.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah well when a TROLL goes to a Trump event with the sole purpose of starting a rukus.

One should not be surprised some aren't going to look too kindly on it.

I love how Sanders makes them sound like 'victims'.

When they clearly aren't.

It basically boils down to an old addage.

'Don't start none. Won't be none'.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Maybe the press and sjw crowd need to be a bit more afraid of their behavior having consequences. They're awful quick to try ruining the lives of others through media hit pieces and social network bullying.

I don't personally condone violence for a response to words and most bad behavior, but I'm not sure it would be a bad thing if people operated with the understanding that being a jerk might get you a punch.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Yeah well when a TROLL goes to a Trump event with the sole purpose of starting a rukus.

People go to show support and hear what the candidate has to say. They didn't travel long distances and pays costs associated to listen to some loudmouth attempt to drown out the speaker they came to see. That and the whole being labeled for the actions of the few leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So you support dissenters at political rallies being beaten into submission? How do you feel in general? If it's ok at a rally it should be ok anywhere right?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

LOL

I laugh at the debate tactics.

edit on Mar-10-2016 by xuenchen because:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Really a 'dissenter' ?

Political rallies are for those people to show their support of candidates.

If people want to PROTEST they are free to do so in a 'free speech' zone.

And at least act civilized.

Instead of running their mouths with inflammatory rhetoric they know will snip someone off.

Truth be told I have little patience for TROLLS online or in the real world.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If beating reporters is how he quiets criticism at his events, what do you think he's going to do as President?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Really Trumps beating reporters now eh.

What he's going to do as president ?

The same thing OBama does. Let secret service handle it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Holy crap you said something I agree with.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
LOL.

Hood rats.

Sanders has had his TROLLS too.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

And he let them stay and he left, leaving thousands who took the day off with their thumb up their rears.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yet, they weren't beaten into submission. They weren't ejected by the police force on-hand. They were given a voice, they were heard.

Trump doesn't care about their rights, no one supporting Trump cares about their rights.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

and bernie wasnt

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Whose rights?

Where is the right to force yourself on stage and insult an entire audience guaranteed?

Let them have their own rallies.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Its called freedom of speech and regardless of that the 2 black men that were ejected weren't even protesting. It was the white woman in their group that was actually protesting the event. So not only does this wreak of blatant racism, but it just shows the type of ignorant violence that trump is bringing about and will only be amplified drastically if he becomes president.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I probably should've been more specific, I'm sorry. The protesters at the Trump rallies. They have the right to protest, we all do. Free speech zones are anti-American.

As for the Bernie rally, maybe they were in the wrong...ok, they probably were. However, the difference in how Sanders handles protesters to how Trump handles protesters is apparent. Sanders stepped back and gave them a voice, he gave them five whole minutes of the stage before he simply went into the crowd and greeted people. Compare that to Trump who promises to cover legal fees of people who beat up protesters, who demands the police remove black people, who suggests taking the coats of protesters and tossing them into the cold.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Protesting on private property.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: rockintitz

I probably should've been more specific, I'm sorry. The protesters at the Trump rallies. They have the right to protest, we all do. Free speech zones are anti-American.

As for the Bernie rally, maybe they were in the wrong...ok, they probably were. However, the difference in how Sanders handles protesters to how Trump handles protesters is apparent. Sanders stepped back and gave them a voice, he gave them five whole minutes of the stage before he simply went into the crowd and greeted people. Compare that to Trump who promises to cover legal fees of people who beat up protesters, who demands the police remove black people, who suggests taking the coats of protesters and tossing them into the cold.

Trump made a statement shortly after the Sanders/BLM debacle in Seattle. Trump said he would not cede the mic to loud, obnoxious interlopers like the two women in Seattle. Trump said something to the effect: people came to see me, not them. To hear me, not them.

This is one of the few things I'm in agreement with Trump. Should Ben Carson cede his mic to mouth pieces of the KKK?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join