It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Plans to Endorse Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well the only constitutional requirement to be VP is to have a pulse. Aside from that they both are capable leaders and are not career politicians. Career politicians couldn't get the job done. It's time to see what can be done by people who lived in the real world and are not part of the beltway clique.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I still think a Steven Segal/Chuck Norris ticket would be better.

No one would dare mess with us if our president was Steven Segal, and he had Chuck Norris standing behind him with a menacing stare. We could punch entire nations off the map.

The Donald....you gotta love his ability to make the sale. One minute he's 100% pure Wall Street. The next, he's Hollywood. Now he's a politician. Funny thing is: no one likes any of those "things". Wall Street is blamed for our economy. Hollywood is blamed for our morals. And the politicians are blamed for all of it (plus the bag of chips).

Now he's Regular Joe. LOL.

It just feels so much like that scene from Young Frankenstein, where Frankenstein sends Igor out to get a brain, and he comes back with one that is, um...problematic. When we all spent the last 16 years talking about how we needed to break the cycle of electing establishment invested politicians, I don't think the idea was to go and find Abby Normal to put on the campaign trail. Not that Trump is dumb....quite the opposite. But he's a "businessman" of the variety that is not typically well loved in the world of businessmen.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Dude, it'd be like Walker Texas Ranger meets Under Siege.

We'd probably want Norris as the VP, so he can travel around all the time and no one know where he's at (kind of what a VP does, right?) ... and Segal at the White House holding it down, and kicking butt to anyone who tries to sneak in or over the fence.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
How could one possibly even try to guess what Carson would do?

Surprise? NO. If he planned to endorse SpongeBob SquarePants, surprise? NO.

Carson is mentally off. I have a thread about this. The other candidates may be odd or even slightly sociopathic, but Carson is a nut. I have no idea why this would be a surprise.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I think Robin Williams had the answer.

Its a youtube link to the relevant time index.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hell make a good VP, I like him

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I wonder, as a strategy if it would make sense to campaign as a team of Prez and VP right from the beginning, in effect expanding the role of VP....think Cheney, not Biden. So, these two politicians use their combined efforts to out maneuver and out "campaign" their lone rivals...and ideally to have focused on a plan for the the nation more than past candidates.
edit on 11-3-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: amazing

Liberals believe all evangelicals only care about religion, just like they believe all women only care about abortion.
It's a stereotypical liberal fallacy.

Evangelicals care about many other issues as well; the economy among those issues high on list.

It's probably more of liberals think evangelicals let religion get in the way of facts. As can be pointed out over and over on ATS.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Liberals believe all evangelicals only care about religion, just like they believe all women only care about abortion.

Nonsense.
Pure nonsense.

Liberals believe that evangelicals - particularly the Prosperity Gospel and the Seven Mountain Dominionist types - only care about THEMSELVES, and their MONEY and what other people do in their bedrooms or between themselves and their doctors.
Bunch of hypocrites.

I'm going to post the article desert provided for you to peruse.
Ted Cruz, Dominionism, and Jesus
And that article links back to this one: The Radical Christian Right and the War on Government

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz -- whose father is Rafael Cruz, a rabid right-wing Christian preacher and the director of the Purifying Fire International ministry -- and legions of the senator's wealthy supporters, some of whom orchestrated the shutdown, are rooted in a radical Christian ideology known as Dominionism or Christian Reconstructionism.

This ideology calls on anointed "Christian" leaders to take over the state and make the goals and laws of the nation "biblical." It seeks to reduce government to organizing little more than defense, internal security and the protection of property rights. It fuses with the Christian religion the iconography and language of American imperialism and nationalism, along with the cruelest aspects of corporate capitalism. The intellectual and moral hollowness of the ideology, its flagrant distortion and misuse of the Bible, the contradictions that abound within it -- its leaders champion small government and a large military, as if the military is not part of government -- and its laughable pseudo-science are impervious to reason and fact. And that is why the movement is dangerous.

Ben Carson has the world's worst paint-by-numbers portrait of himself with "Jesus" standing behind him, hand on Ben's shoulder. But maybe he's bright enough to separate himself from Cruz's rabid, loathsome sliminess.

edit on 3/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Nonsense.
Pure nonsense.

Liberals believe that evangelicals - particularly the Prosperity Gospel and the Seven Mountain Dominionist types - only care about THEMSELVES, and their MONEY and what other people do in their bedrooms or between themselves and their doctors.
Bunch of hypocrites.

I'm going to post the article desert provided for you to peruse.
Ted Cruz, Dominionism, and Jesus
And that article links back to this one: The Radical Christian Right and the War on Government

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz -- whose father is Rafael Cruz, a rabid right-wing Christian preacher and the director of the Purifying Fire International ministry -- and legions of the senator's wealthy supporters, some of whom orchestrated the shutdown, are rooted in a radical Christian ideology known as Dominionism or Christian Reconstructionism.

This ideology calls on anointed "Christian" leaders to take over the state and make the goals and laws of the nation "biblical." It seeks to reduce government to organizing little more than defense, internal security and the protection of property rights. It fuses with the Christian religion the iconography and language of American imperialism and nationalism, along with the cruelest aspects of corporate capitalism. The intellectual and moral hollowness of the ideology, its flagrant distortion and misuse of the Bible, the contradictions that abound within it -- its leaders champion small government and a large military, as if the military is not part of government -- and its laughable pseudo-science are impervious to reason and fact. And that is why the movement is dangerous.

Ben Carson has the world's worst paint-by-numbers portrait of himself with "Jesus" standing behind him, hand on Ben's shoulder. But maybe he's bright enough to separate himself from Cruz's rabid, loathsome sliminess.

A roundabout effort to denigrate Ted Cruz in a thread talking about Dr. Carson endorsing Mr. Trump, but I stand by my assertion that Evangelicals (or voters of ANY religion; Islam included) are not just interested ONLY in religious issues.

Remember, Trump has already gained a large portion of the Evangelical vote in S.C. and other states.

As to Dr. Carson's 'Jesus & Me' portrait...He said it was given to him by a grateful patient...and the good Dr. and his wife loved it enough to proudly hang it in their home. To extrapolate THAT to elicit a notion that he and his wife are religious nut-burgers who ONLY care about religious issues is a clumsy reach, IMO.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow! That's a big blow for the "Trump is racist" groups.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The positive thing that leftists will take from this is that they get to actually display their racism and will simply call it being critical.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The positive thing that leftists will take from this is that they get to actually display their racism and will simply call it being critical.

Maybe liberals will finally realize that screaming 'Racist' as a worn out partisan political tool, is more a reflection of their own raci....Awww...Who am I kidding?...nvm

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Good, Carson can bring some discretion and diplomacy to the fight.

Hillary better have an alien as her running mate to have any chance in defeating the Great Black & White juggernaut.

If Trump makes Carson his VP then that would be a stroke of genius. Distance himself from the tribal cult-like racists while taking away Hillary's biggest draw.

the first black VP in history vs the first female president.

The GOP would have 2 people that are not politicians elected to the presidential office.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

Or Surgeon General. If Trump was smart, he'd make Allen West VP.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Xcathdra

I still think a Steven Segal/Chuck Norris ticket would be better.

No one would dare mess with us if our president was Steven Segal, and he had Chuck Norris standing behind him with a menacing stare. We could punch entire nations off the map.

The Donald....you gotta love his ability to make the sale. One minute he's 100% pure Wall Street. The next, he's Hollywood. Now he's a politician. Funny thing is: no one likes any of those "things". Wall Street is blamed for our economy. Hollywood is blamed for our morals. And the politicians are blamed for all of it (plus the bag of chips).

Now he's Regular Joe. LOL.

It just feels so much like that scene from Young Frankenstein, where Frankenstein sends Igor out to get a brain, and he comes back with one that is, um...problematic. When we all spent the last 16 years talking about how we needed to break the cycle of electing establishment invested politicians, I don't think the idea was to go and find Abby Normal to put on the campaign trail. Not that Trump is dumb....quite the opposite. But he's a "businessman" of the variety that is not typically well loved in the world of businessmen.

Steven Seagal/Chuck Norris would be a fun ticket.

Tell Steven to put a democrat into a wrist lock and break another democrat's arm and snap their knee. That would teach them. Chuck can crescent kick the other GOP candidates off a moving van.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: FlyingFox

Or Surgeon General. If Trump was smart, he'd make Allen West VP.

Why? Allen west has been around a long time.But he's a former politician.

If Trump chooses Carson as VP he can claim correctly that none of the people on the ticket were politicians.

Can Hillary or Bernie say that?

2 lifetime politicians vs a real estate mogul and a brain surgeon.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

If not a VP, Trump could tap Carson as Secy. of Education.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: UnBreakable

If not a VP, Trump could tap Carson as Secy. of Education.

But Carson doesn't believe in all Science. Not Evolution or Climate change, two well established and respected scientific principles. He also doesn't appear to understand history that much, with regards to some of his statements on Ancient Egypt. I could be wrong, but those are my concerns.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
....but does what he chooses to believe really matter?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join