It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun(ny) Aviation news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We've done "There I Was" so I thought it might be fun to have a thread for odd and funny news from the aviation front.

The cabin crew and passengers on China Southern Airlines flight CZ3693 got a rude shock Wednesday morning when a passenger onboard the flight opened the emergency exit door before takeoff from Chengdu Airport.

According to the offending passenger, he was just trying to "get some fresh air" and had mistaken the door handle as a lever to open the plane's windows, reported Chengdu Commercial News.

mashable.com...

This one was funny just because it turned out OK.

A Yamal Airlines Boeing 737-400, registration VP-BKW performing flight YC-145 from Tyumen to Novy Urengoy (Russia) with 148 passengers and 7 crew, had just reached FL330 about 100nm north of Tyumen when the crew received information that a wheel attributed to their aircraft had been found at Tyumen. The crew decided to return to Tyumen for a safe landing about 50 minutes after departure. One of the right hand main wheels was missing from the aircraft.

avherald.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

One of the right hand main wheels was missing from the aircraft.

Shift change during lug nut or axle replacement?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

We had something similar happen to the nose gear of one of our C-135s, only it jammed at 45 degrees as they turned onto the runway. It didn't come off until after they landed again. They had to tow the damn thing with people walking beside it for about four miles.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
nice to hear some news where no one gets hurt, but i cant believe someone actually believed aircraft windows open, i dont know what he was thinking but he messed up and made up a excuse.

top topics

join