It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best power tool manufacturer. cross thread intervention.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Outstanding explanation my neighbor

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I have the feeling quality depends. Black & Decker seems to have a nice quality in the states and canada but here in europe it seems to be different. I have a B&D circular saw, without being insulting, it´s crap compared to my FESTO circular. Ok fair enough these are different price ranges but I had to apply my own fixes to make it precise and somehow durable.

Same with the atlas copco, I used a portable drill and the quality was comparable to those 50€ drills you get at the supermarket. But it may depend. I´m not saying both are bad in general, just showing how different experiences can be.

BOSCH, even the green ones (home professional) are nearly unbreakable and last forever if you treat them right. They are nearly comparable to the blue ones (expert, industry). The old ones at least the new ones have a different type of plasticc and slightly darker color.
Their 36V portable impact drill is awesome!
Not actually a fanboy type of guy but almost every electric power tool I use is from BOSCH, simply because they also offer awesome service. FESTOOL is also great of course, never let me down once.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sounds like the real debate here is between residential/commercial crafts tradesman and heavy industrial. We don't use no battery powered tools in a refinery or powerplant. Woodbutchers, sparkies, and civil hands gotta a job to do too and no disrespect meant to your trades, but I don't own any 18v tools. I plug it in and sparks fly. If not then I don't need it.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

When I write portable circular saw I mean the ones you can move around or mount on a rail, not the fixed ones on a table. I only own a cordless lithium-ion screwdriver, the rest is 230V mains of course. The 36V impact drill was from work.

cordless is easy to use if you have to drill a hole here and there and would loose more time laying extension cords, but of course for daily work at fixed places, it does not make sense.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yep, Paslode is great, only I dislike the half head, more difficult to grab when pulling with a cats paw.

Bosch also makes an impeccable slide saw.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join