It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Two men 'on the run' after gunfire near restaurant in Bastille district

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Two men are on the run after gunfire broke out at a restaurant in the Bastille district of Paris leaving at least one man wounded, according to French media reports.

France Info reported a man had been arrested, though there were unconfirmed reports of other men being sought by police after they fled the scene.

The shooting is understood to have taken place in front of the restaurant “Chez Papa” on a major boulevard in the east of the French capital at around 6pm on Thursday.

A man is understood to have been shot in the chest during the incident and is being treated by emergency service, Russia Today reports, citing a police source.

A local police spokeswoman has reportedly said they do not yet know the names of anyone involved.

Paris shooting: Two men 'on the run' after gunfire near restaurant in Bastille district

Another sad day for Paris. There is a police action now so I think we will get fresh info in few hours.

edit on Thu, 10 Mar 2016 17:06:51 -0600America/Chicago510610America/Chicago3312016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

I immediately think Islamists practicing their religion of peace, In this day and age why shouldn't we think that? In a culture where guns are restricted, it seems the only ones shooting are the extremists. I'm glad no one is dead hopefully it remains that way, and I hope this isn't a harbinger of something bigger.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My initial reaction when I saw this was to think terrorism. However, I note it happened at 6pm. It is not on any of the main news channels in UK as far as I can tell so it could just be drug related etc. France will have its criminal gang culture like everywhere. I think if terrorism was suspected it would be hitting the news as headlines. I suppose we can only wait and see.a reply to: residentofearth

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

It's not sure who did it, but it's obvious whoever it is should be detained and prosecuted.

A brawl broke out between several individuals before a man was shot, French police have confirmed.

The injured victim was shot in the abdomen near a restaurant, according to police sources.

Several fires were shot during the fight, according to witnesses.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

From what I hear I don't think it was. I think it was an argument which got out of hand. I can't publish the source yet.

It's a shame society has made you think like this. That's not a dig at you by the way.

EDIT Oh and I can't publish the source not because it's secret but because I'm on my phone and can't copy and paste links atm.
edit on 10-3-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here we go again.....?.......maybe.........

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That was my first reaction as well, however, I normally take a wait and see approach before I voice an opinion on this group or that.

Being objective has its merits.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If it was Terrorism there would be multiple dead, and a forgotten passport at the crime scene.

Probably just a feud between gangsters.

edit on 10-3-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Notice how the MSM will only tell you HALF OF THE STORY? There were many witnesses to the event and right now the lips are zipped shut on media NOT to tell the public what ethnic background the shooters were.

Quite possibly...the shooters are of Muslim background...I see no reason for native French to act in a violent manner. I am not racist...but this story is gonna become bigger once a couple Arab names get released. The MSM again is tight lipped about eye witness descriptions of the shooters.

HOWEVER...if it is gangster related, I still see no reason why this would be a HUGE breaking alternative news story...gun violence happens all the time (mostly between gangs)...but for it to happen in the toughest gun law district is beyond belief.

And on a side note...what the hell does Russia Today (outside news source) know anything about what happens in Paris? Who feeds them this stuff??? I see no reason why this story cannot be published mostly by French news sources.

edit on 11-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

top topics

join