It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprised at the rise of Donald Trump?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Intelligent Americans who are shocked and surprised at the rise of Donald Trump, a fascist demagogue who appeals to the basest instincts in fundamentalists and fanatics, should now be able to understand the rise of radical religious terrorist movements in the Middle East as well.

If, in light of the paranoia and fear in America, someone like Trump is gaining popularity, imagine a land a million times worse, plagued with civil war and mass migrations and continual genocide and carpet bombs and drones. Is it surprising that radical, messianic, violent groups will arise and even gain a modicum of popularity?

Stop blaming the religion; blame the political situation that caused such sentiments to go mainstream.

The irony is that Trump needs radical terrorism to get elected, and radical terrorists need Trump to gain more recruits. They each feed off of one another and benefit from one another, while the vast majority of people in the middle, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, continue to suffer at the effects of bigots and xenophobes on both sides.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
Intelligent Americans who are shocked and surprised at the rise of Donald Trump, a fascist demagogue who appeals to the basest instincts in fundamentalists and fanatics, should now be able to understand the rise of radical religious terrorist movements in the Middle East as well.

If, in light of the paranoia and fear in America, someone like Trump is gaining popularity, imagine a land a million times worse, plagued with civil war and mass migrations and continual genocide and carpet bombs and drones. Is it surprising that radical, messianic, violent groups will arise and even gain a modicum of popularity?

Stop blaming the religion; blame the political situation that caused such sentiments to go mainstream.

The irony is that Trump needs radical terrorism to get elected, and radical terrorists need Trump to gain more recruits. They each feed off of one another and benefit from one another, while the vast majority of people in the middle, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, continue to suffer at the effects of bigots and xenophobes on both sides.

Um, Islam and the Middle East have been messed up since their pedophile prophet.

Long before the west even existed.

In fact they were so bad that Americas founding fathers talked about how messed up it was way back then.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

ntelligent Americans who are shocked and surprised at the rise of Donald Trump, a fascist demagogue who appeals to the basest instincts in fundamentalists and fanatics, s

Pot calling the kettle.

The only thing Trump critics are doing is DEMAGOGUING Trump.

The word Isn't 'irony' it's called hypocrisy. When Trump critics have ZERO problems demagoguing rich people,bankers,Wall Street,corporations, and gun owners,and the list goes on.

So the people that go around calling themselves 'intelligent' isn't showing any.
edit on 10-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

no more so than the rest of the world, our own North America included. In fact, it may have been more stable there during the founding of America. What you should have said is, EVERY part of the world has been messed up since humans evolved into tool makers. And the West existed before Islam so, yea ....

I think you may just be repeating more Zionist anti-Islam propaganda, but who knows.

The Middle East during the 18th Century were pieces of declining nations.The Safavid Dynasty was a part of the Persian Empire. This empire was dissolved in 1723. The Safavid empire ruled mostly over present day Iran. Another Empire in the Middle East at the time was the Ottoman Empire. This empire was considered to be one of the greatest empires of all time. The Ottomans lived on for many centuries, but by the 18th century, they were beginning to feel pressure from the European Countries above. In time (around the 20th century), the Ottomans would be wiped out by them.

Feeling pressure from Europe, isnt that the West??

The 7th Century was a rather eventful and violent time in the world, much like every century in every part of the world throughout human history. Most of Europe's ethnic cultures were starting the settle their lands, that usually is accompanied with violence. So if anything, it was likely more violent in Europe during the 7th century when Islam was founded than it was in the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

How is it anti islam 'propaganda' ?

When since it's creation Islam has been filled with hatred, and BIGOTRY in it's own right.

Qu'ran,Hadith, and RACISM.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel

people in the middle, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, continue to suffer at the effects of bigots and xenophobes on both sides.

So people that hate terrorists are bigots?

Who should be elected instead of Trump so that the terrorists have no "recruitment fuel"?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Who should be elected instead of Trump so that the terrorists have no "recruitment fuel"?

I don't know.

But if Trump doesn't ARM them like the current incompetent in chief.

It would be a good start, and in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

" Intelligent Americans who are shocked and surprised at the rise of Donald Trump, a fascist demagogue ."

In what way have you come to the Conclusion that Mr. Trump , in your own words , is a " fascist demagogue " ?

Before your Post here could be taken seriously by anyone , I think you need to Explain your reasoning for saying that , otherwise you are Far from Denying Ignorance with such a statement IMO .

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am a Texan....so the Bush Family is like the cowboys to me...basically I root for them no matter what...
My wife, an inner city ER MD, has always been a Ben Carson acolyte and we both got on his train after Jeb left...

Now without Carson, I am trying to get my mind around Trump as I am a GOP staunch member...

At least I can cheer for Carson to become surgeon general(remember you don't become the head of neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins at 33 without being an intellectual badass)

I do love Trumps rhetoric about America winning again....

Personally I hope he reinstates nasa to its former glory and returns us to the moon...as an interesting Sidenote, President Obama ended Bush's Constellation Program which would have seen us on the moon in less than 4 years due to its inflating costs(it was nearing $20B)....yet this same president saw no problem laundering $100B to an Islamic despotic theocracy as they continue executing homosexuals and subjugating women...

Anyhow, I digress...President Obama should be proud as he is so bad at being president that I am now completely non-conflicted in who I will vote for...be it Trump, Cruz or Rubio....none of whom I was ever excited about...

Sidenote: if Dr. Condi Rice would run, I would have a dump trump full of money by noon to donate from just my cul-de-sac...

****sorry for the typos but iPads can't understand my accent and I am too uncoordinated/lazy to fix all the grammatical errors...

-Christosterone

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

In what way have you come to the Conclusion that Mr. Trump , in your own words , is a " fascist demagogue "

Basically because he thinks immigration LAW should be enforced. After all that is why we have LAWS to begin with.

And.

Finding out if middle eastern immigrants have ties to radical Islamic FASCISM is also taboo.

In short.

Absolutely NO real reasoning other than demagoguery.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I was replying specifically to

Um, Islam and the Middle East have been messed up since their pedophile prophet.

In regards to the state of the Middle East and violent activity in relation to the rest of the world. It is a common line regurgitated by Zionist propagandists, as if to make all of Islam and the Middle East appear to be nothing but a violent unstable force. In relation to the rest of the world though, it was a less violent time than others. The goal mainly being to detract and deflect criticism of the method of the creation of the state of Israel by trying to project a false dichotomy of the nature of Islam and/or the Arab world.

But to be honest, I would actually love and prefer to see the Donald be our next Prez man. It couldnt be any worse than we have already had.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Donald Trump. Not the president America deserves, but the president America needs...

edit on 10-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

hmm....

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It is a common line regurgitated by Zionist propagandists, as if to make all of Islam and the Middle East appear to be nothing but a violent unstable force.

Which isn't propaganda it's a FACT that has been proven everyday for the last 1400 years.

Oh and just might want to stop throwing that RACIST,BIGOTED, XENOPHOBIC word around.' Zionist'.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That a hilarious position too considering we tried that one with Obama. Remember how he was supposed to make the world (Middle East) love us? Instead, he let the Middle East burn and they seem to hate us more than ever.

It seems that Arab Spring has turned into their Summer of (American Hating) Discontent, and all Obama did was nothing.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yea really? Even if all you said is true it shouldn't surprise considering all the criminal behavior the left has been getting away with. Fascists rise naturally when the in power party laughs at the law, violates law, puts the nations tax collecting agency on opposition parties, is a constant threat to civil and constitutional liberties, takes a threating position toward opposition parties and on and on.

edit on 10-3-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

For me personally, I'm saddened that our politics has become a circus show. As a small business owner, I can't get behind either of the two Democratic candidates. I simply can't afford to pay any additional taxes and that's where their proposed solutions come from, more taxes. That's a deal breaker for me.

As for the Republican, My two guys are out of the race. Other than Trump, they all won their positions on the platform that they were going to stop this out of control spending and reign our budget in. They've done the exact opposite of what they campaigned on and I can't trust that their current and future promises won't be treated like their last... As toilet paper...

I've never sat an election out and I've never voted strictly for one side. Both sides have abandoned us and I see no reason to cast my vote for any more of the status quo. I'm willing to give Trump a four year go at this. If he does good, great. If not, he wont make four years, peoples pitch forks are already on fire!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at all.

Donald Trump is charismatic and entertaining. That endears him to a lot of the US population that is tired of the same old boring and stiff politicians we are all used to.

But I believe that the main reason is that he is an outsider. He's not your everyday, system-controlled dwebe that we've been forced to choose from in the past.

The people are TIRED of the same old crap and are looking for someone different.

-dex

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It seems that Arab Spring has turned into their Summer of (American Hating) Discontent, and all Obama did was nothing.

More like quadrupled Drone strikes numbers over the previous Administration levels.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That a hilarious position too considering we tried that one with Obama. Remember how he was supposed to make the world (Middle East) love us? Instead, he let the Middle East burn and they seem to hate us more than ever.

I dont know if you were referring to my position but I havent taken a position here just yet.

My question was....a question. Not a positioning statement.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join